We stayed at Mantra 1 for 3 nights in Feb. & found it quite pleasant.
The rooms were spacious, clean & comfortable & although being on the Davet St corner we did not find the traffic noise a problem. Sure the car park is a bit dingy but hey, its a car park.
Great position for walking to the wharf area, CBD, Salamanca & Battery Point ( Jackson & Ross Bakery is excellent).
My only complaint is the cost of internet access which must be due to managements charges to the provider because it is ridiculous. Many smaller properties around Tassie provided free access.
Unfortunatly I was charged twice for the services & only yesterday received advice re my credit.
Only one complaint but for me it is a big one.
Oh, & the staff were most helpful & pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within the centre of Hobart, opposite St David's Park, Mantra One Sandy Bay Road provides apartment accommodation within close proximity to the central business district and surrounding areas. Comprising modern self contained studios and one bedroom apartments each has an open plan design to create space and maximise comfort. All studios and apartments are air conditioned and provide urban views over Sandy Bay Road, St David's Park, Mount Wellington and the city of Hobart. The studios and apartments are ideally situated within easy walking distance of government offices and within close proximity of the central business district and associated services. Stroll through beautiful St David's Park to historic Salamanca Place, famous for its weekend markets, nearby Sullivan's Cove and Hobart Dock areas featuring a plethora of restaurants, cafes and attractions all right at your doorstep. Whether visiting Hobart on business or pleasure, our property provides the ideal accommodation, ensuring maximum comfort and a home away from home. It's also the perfect base from which to experience the vibrant cultural lifestyle and all Hobart offers. **Reception hours are: Monday-Friday: 8:00am-6:00pm. Saturday: 8:00am-1:00pm. Sunday: 9:00am-12:00 noon. ** (If you are arriving after these hours please call reception to arange after hours check in) Limited secure under cover parking is available on-site for registered guests,(daily fee $15.00 Applies per parking space). PRE-BOOKING OF PARKING SPACES IS REQUIRED, due to limited facilities all parking spaces are subject to availability and confirmation by the property. Ample street parking in close vicinity to One Sandy Bay Road is available. Mantra One Sandy Bay Road apartments are serviced weekly. Should you be staying with us for 7 nights or more your unit will receive a complimentary mid stay service. For shorter stays which are un-serviced we are happy to offer the opportunity to have a Refresh service provided on the day of your choice during your stay at additional charges. **Car parking is available onsite for an additional cost of $15 per night but MUST be pre-booked in adavance with the property** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Ctrip TA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra One Sandy Bay Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra 1 Sandy Bay Road
- Mantra One Sandy Bay Road Hotel Hobart
- Mantra One Sandy Bay Road Hobart, Tasmania