All reviews car lift two bedroom apartment great location arts centre city road eureka tower dining chairs road noise national gallery washer and dryer flinders st station across the bridge full size fridge would definitely stay here again easy walk lounge room rooms are modern
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

My business takes me to Southbank several times a year and The Oaks is extremely convenient. It is just a short walk away.
Rooms are compact but comfortable and the beds are great. Small bathroom but that’s okay for me on my own.
Modern and clean.
I like it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
OaksSouthbank, Front Office Manager at Oaks Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Dear coralhill,

Thank you for your review! I am pleased to learn that you continually enjoy staying with us several times a year!

I have to agree on the convenient location of our hotel, which does make for an easy commute suiting our corporate and leisure travellers!

Your kind comments about our comfortable beds have been appreciated with much thanks. We thank you once again for your continued patronage and look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed March 27, 2018

Very comfy bed and great water pressure in the shower. Everything you want in an apartment. Couch was not the most comfortable, but everything else was great. Desk staff friendly and was easy to check-in/check-out.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Rebeccajwhittington.

Thank you for your review from your recent stay with Oaks Southbank.

It is delightful to read that you enjoyed your stay, noting in particular the great water pressure and comfy bed.

Your feedback about the couches will be taken on board and discussed with our furniture teams, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I will be sure to pass your warm comments about our staff on to them. I am pleased to know that their standard of service was much appreciated.

We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed March 27, 2018

Excellent location in the Arts, casino and restaurant heart of Southbank. Very comfortable and modern amenities everything you’d need was there including a dishwasher. Had a wonderful nights sleep as well in a very comfy bed.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Trude_Trev,

Thank you for your kind review and rating. It is an absolute joy to learn that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay..

Our location is certainly an added bonus - I am glad that you were able to enjoy the close proximity to most attractions.

I will be sure to pass on your comments about our room standards and layouts onto our teams. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed a comfortable nights sleep!

Please book directly with us for your next stay and we look forward to welcoming you soon!

Reviewed March 26, 2018

As the title conveys, I have mixed thoughts about this hotel. Starting with the positives, It is reasonably priced and well located, central to Southbank district & amenities. Close to public transport options too. Rooms are large, though have an odd layout, which isn't a big issue, just different I suppose. Furnishings are modern and clean. Bathroom was nicely appointed and the water presser was EXCELLENT...which is rare nowadays unless in an upmarket hotel, big TV in living area with Foxtel.
As for the negatives, keeping in mind that my personal expectations are high for a "hotel"...there is only one suitable seat for viewing the tv on in the living area, and its not that comfortable to relax on - I would suggest only suitable for 1 person. There is no TV in the bedroom (shock, horror) and you cant see the other one from your bed either. There is no dining option within the hotel, though plenty close by. Not many toiletries available in the bathroom (shampoo, conditioner, soap & balm) but I consider that adequate enough. The bin in the kitchen was in a cupboard, but had a lid that you couldn't open unless you removed the bin and out it on the floor...which I guess you could do. All in all it was ok, but Im just not convinced I'd stay again.
The deal breaker for me was when I told the Duty Manager both of the bedside lights were out and could the bulbs be replaced, and he asked whether I wanted him to do it or would I??? Naturally I suggested that he allocate someone to do it whilst I was out to dinner, which he agreed to do (within the next 30mins). Upon returning from dinner well over an hour later I noticed the lights hadn't been fixed - never mind, no big deal, im not scared of the dark. What annoyed me was him knocking on the door 30mins later - WITH A DO NOT DISTURB SIGN ON THE DOOR - handing me 4 bulbs to replace my lights. Deary me

Room Tip: Good views from high floors
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
OaksSouthbank, Front Office Manager at Oaks Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2018

Dear tcmoranau,

Thank you for your review from your recent stay with Oaks Southbank.

Firstly, thank you for your kind comments on our location, room size, furnishings and excellent water pressure. I am pleased to learn that you found all our facilities to your liking. I am also certain that you appreciated all the modern furnishings and TV with Foxtel!

Your comments about our couches has been passed on to management for consideration and is appreciated. We do have many amenities available in the rooms as well as in the bathroom, including a hair dryer, washing machine and dryer conveniently tucked away.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused with the light bulbs as this is not our usual procedure to have the guests change it themselves. I have since spoken with the staff who caused the inconvenience and can assure you that this was an oversight and will not happen again.

Your detailed review (and photos), does give us a further insight as well as room for improvement. I am sure many travellers can benefit from the feedback!

I do hope that the small mishap should not deter you from staying with us in future, given all the main aspects of your stay were great, as highlighted in your review. Please contact us directly should you wish to discuss anything further. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed March 23, 2018

I was in Melbourne for one night for a concert. The staff at reception, especially Lisa was very helpful and kind to my many requests. Always friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel was easily accessible from the skybus service and walking distance to the city and Rod Laver Arena. Great place to stay!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
OaksSouthbank, Front Office Manager at Oaks Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

Dear Lisa M,

Thank you for your review from your recent stay with Oaks Southbank! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Your warm comments about our reception staff has been received with much thanks - I will be sure to pass your special mention on to Lisa.

I am further pleased to learn that you found our location convenient and were able to commute with ease! Kindly book directly with us for your next stay and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!