“Excellent place ”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Been here 3 times now so time to post a review as is excellent. Food is superb - fish croquettes, unbelievable bruschetta with figs and goats cheese and an incredible salted caramel dessert tonight. Staff are lovely and playing great tunes (Black Moses by Isaac Hayes and some Donald Byrd, as you asked). Get here now - just leave 2 seats at the bar please

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Went in for a solo breakfast last Thursday morning, outside tables were half full but with two staff outside and three behind the bar inside I wouldn't say it was busy at all. I sat down and waited 10 minutes before somebody finally came and asked if I'd been served. She took my coffee order and gave me a menu. My coffee was brought out and put on the table so quickly I wasn't even given a chance to order. I sat there for another 45 minutes with an empty coffee cup and menu on the table and nobody bothered asking if I needed anything. One of the girls working outside even watched me put out my cigarette butt on the floor and didn't think to offer me an ashtray. I had to flag somebody down to ask for my bill. If I'd known I was going to wait almost an hour just to have a coffee I would have made my own breakfast at home. Would not recommend.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

I love this place. Crowded cramped and busy with like minded locals and travellers who appreciate the well priced and chosen wines on offer. Oh yes it does have food, funny I never remember much about it but it seems to match the wine well without being a highlight. Did I mention it has wine?? Yay!

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Went here just for one drink. Wine was amazing, ambience great and the staff were amazing being so genuine and prompt. Had freshly shucked oysters and a glass of red before we went our for tapas. Was so memorable that.we returned for a late supper with friends and family and a bottle of wine. Highly recommended with a massive thumbs up!!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

This restaurant/bar serves amazing food and has a superior wine list covering all tastes. You can sit outside, inside or out the back at a shared table which still feels intimate. This place is a must while you are in Melbourne or for a quick bite to eat before or after the Theatre.

1  Thank NBB58