Free cancellation until 04/08
US$127
US$114
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$103
Radisson
  • Restaurant
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$194
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$130
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$125
US$111
  • Pool
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$127
US$114
  • Fitness centre
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$149
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Melbourne City(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$110
  • Restaurant
Oaks On William(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$110
US$96
Travelocity
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 9, 2017

Booked this place for a one night stay through Wotif......The day before I travelled I received a generic reminder text message stating: "This is a Plum Apartments reservation reminder. Key collection is at 528 Swanston St Carlton after 2pm for Arden St". (Aren't most check ins after 2pm!!)
At no stage through the booking process was this mentioned. I contacted the reception number and spoke to a Chris to verify if this was actually required which he confirmed.I advised him this was inconvenient as I was taking a taxi from the airport to the hotel and that this option didn't work for me. Chris' response was...."Oh well, it works for us".
I've travelled extensively both nationally and internationally for both personal and business reasons including utillising serviced apartments regularly whereby a drop box with a security number is given or similar at the actual site you are staying at.
Never before have I heard of a requirement to attend one hotel to pick up a key for another hotel....particularly when you have to divert in a cab in peak hour and have him wait outside with the meter ticking while you hand over your I.D etc to obtain your key.
Had I have known this prior to the booking I would have secured accommodation elsewhere.
This is one of the poorest arrangements I've ever seen in all of my travels and the attitude of the staff matched.
If you're going to muck people around let them know before they book so an informed decision can be made rather than accept the booking and send your guests on a race around the city.
Understanding this is is inner city but don't even start me on the noise in this room at street level......
Budget or not...scrubbed off my list for next Vic trip...

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
5  Thank littlefella69
Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights. Initially provided the keys for a studio apartment that a strong stench of cigarette smoke and was quite worn. We let the reception staff straight away and were provided with the keys for another room. The second room was much brighter, cleaner and in better condition. Shame such a disparity between rooms.
This is a budget hotel and this are budget room. However it is well equipped with modern amenities, making it comfortable for a longer stay.
My only complaint was the bed. As other guests have mentioned the double is two single mattresses pushed together. The mattresses were saggy and uneven. This resulted in a poor night sleep and very sore back. Would not recommend staying here if you have any back problems. The bedding is thread bare so would recommend bringing your own, including pillows.
Easy access to the tram and the CBD. Yes it's noisy, but that is expected for inner city living in budget accommodation. You get what you pay for, but new beds would be a big plus.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed June 25, 2016 via mobile

We found this accommodation to be great! Roomy, spacious and modern. The couches were a little grubby but the overall cleanliness was pretty good!!
Was worried about the traffic noises through the night but slept really well and didn't hear a thing.
Would absolutely stay again. Great accommodation for the price!!!!!!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2015

I had stayed here a couple of years ago, the rooms on Arden street were clearly a bit quieter and 2 years ago in better condition, this time i stayed in a ground floor room on the Abbotsford road side of the building, and I couldn't sleep most of the night. Trams rattling sounded like they were in the room. The room was tatty, no milk in the fridge, not cleaned well.a musty smell.
I wont be staying here again, it's really not cheap when you consider you have to pick the key up from another location, you can't get someone to bring milk when there is none and you can't sleep when you're tired!!!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank MsMaria0000
Reviewed July 27, 2015

Stayed in a studio apartment mid-July with my wife and left our daughter at home with the grandparents. I'm glad we didn't bring her because i don't think the apartments suited a family group.

As with every other review on these serviced apartments (now Plum North Melbourne), I need to mention that the check in process is laborious, and should be improved. However our checkout was easy, we just left the keys in the room and that was it. No wifi - ouch.

The rooms are very basic, and not the cleanest. The beds were uncomfortable. However, we came back to the room every day to a clean bathroom, washed dishes, tidied kitchen and a made bed.

The location of the apartments is excellent. It's a five minute walk to Errol Street, where you'll find a good selection of cafes, restaurants, pubs, take away and supermarkets. There is a tram stop literally opposite the apartments, so getting into town is no hassle. A taxi into Melbourne CBD takes 5-10 minutes and costs $10 - $15.
Queen Victoria Markets is a 10-15 minute walk, and from here you can take a tram into Melbourne CBD for free.

I don't really know what everyone expects for the money charged for these apartments. You're not paying Ritz Carlton rates and you wont be staying at the Ritz Carlton.

Room Tip: Back of the building. Higher floor.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple