All reviews pool and gym area beautiful apartment two bedroom apartment check in was easy occupants southbank floor city desk crown
Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

Needed to visit a family member in Melbourne. Hotels in the city are hugely expensive so we opted for an apartment. Advertised as luxury apartments we were happy that they were so reasonably priced. We booked a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment. We knew it was going to be hot and were happy to know the apartment had air con. However, only the front room has an air con unit. The bedrooms do not. This is a problem as it gets really hot in the bedrooms and because it’s on a freeway it’s really really noisy 24 hrs a day so opening a window is a problem. There is no let up from the traffic noise. Thankfully it didn’t get over 30 degrees during our stay but if it had sleeping would be unbearable!
We had a visit from a cleaner once during our 2 weeks who hovered and changed the sheets only. The flat got very dusty but nothing to clean it with provided. The kitchen is well stocked with cutlery and plates etc. Fridge is good as was the oven. Microwave is included. Washing machine and dryer useable. Facilities overall were ok. Pool and gym are very nice.
The one issue we had was on checkout. The latest checkout was 10 am sharp and our flight at 10.30 pm. Despite it being stated that luggage storage is possible it definitely isn’t. There was nowhere to store bags or to have a shower in the 12 hrs we were waiting around. In the end we had to book a different hotel room so we didn’t have to spend 12 hours waiting at the airport. There is luggage storage in town but is first come first served.
Overall, reasonably priced accommodation within easy reach of the main city. Would I say luxurious, no. Average , yes. The non stop noise did get to us a bit in the end and we missed the luxuries a hotel provides. Probably wouldn’t choose this again.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank NessBPortsmouth
Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

Booked a 2 bedroom apartment after buying a Groupon. Having read the description and seeing the photos on the website we were looking forward to a great stay. Sadly, the booking experience should have alerted us to what to expect. After 3 telephone calls and 4 emails, we eventually secured our booking but no mention of the parking space we had requested. A further 2 calls and 2 emails and the parking was eventually confirmed.

Arrangements for check in were sketchy and not at all smooth. You have to phone them 15 minutes before arrival and someone meets you in the building while you leave the car on the street, if you’re lucky enough to find somewhere to park temporarily. You are then given keys and told where to park. There is free Wifi and a pool and gym, but you aren’t told about these on check in. We only found out after phoning the 1300 number to ask about these services.

When we got to our apartment, after waiting nearly 15 minutes for the lift to arrive, all looked in order. These new apartments have cream carpets, or at least they were cream once. They were badly stained. The cup I made a coffee in had a crack all the way down which I didn’t notice until it started leaking. The hairdryer was missing as (we were told later) the previous guest had stolen it. The floor to ceiling windows make for great views from the lounge and bedroom, but when we wanted privacy after dark this wasn’t to be had. The blind in the lounge was missing and the one in the bedroom was broken, so we had lights and partying from balconies in the adjacent building all night and when we eventually got to sleep were woken with the sunrise.

I called Melbourne Serviced Apartments before we checked out to raise my concerns and was told by the man who answered that I should put my concerns in an email, which I did. After no response I resent the email then sent another email 3 days later after no reply. I eventually got a reply, after phoning again to ask why I hadn’t received a response, and was offered $75 discount off my next stay, which I declined, as after the poor stay and bad customer service experience I refuse to pay for further disappointment.

Date of stay: February 2018
3  Thank SLMAustralia
Reviewed January 24, 2018

Apartment: clean (ish), great view, great location on Southbank (100m to river), most of the furnishings, crockery etc were ikea. But it was quite new, better than a tiny hotel room any day.
Service: refer my extensive reviews on wot if (12/2017). Only because I'd read the reviews was I able to access the apartment within a hour of arriving. Be ready for delays. I think we only gained access thanks to wot if's help on the phone (they were excellent). Melbourne seems to be full of these self managed apartments. If they could get their service right they would do so much better.

Room tip: Front or back have best balconies. Side room balconies are about a foot deep
Reviewed January 1, 2018

To start with the place is out of the Free Tram zone, its a bit of a walk from the end of the free tram zone to the apartment. Second check in was a nightmare. I informed them of my flight details & when I will be arriving at the apartment. When I arrived the lady at the front desk (Who was not very helpful) said I need to contact the booking agent for the keys. I called them & they said they had left for the day. I then had to email a copy of my credit card, this is not very good security, they now have a photo of my credit card on file. If you did not have a smart phone with access to emails then you could not check in. The internet was very poor in that area, it took almost 2 hours to check in, it was faster flying from the Gold Coast to Melbourne than checking in. It took so long that my children were asleep on the lobby lounge. Finally after checking in they gave me the pin code to open the letter box to get the key, the pin did not work, they gave me another pin this did also not work, then a third but did not work. In the end I woke my daughter & she put her hand into the letter box to get the key. When i finally got to the apartment, no tea or coffee, no information booklet on the apartment or Melbourne, no password to the internet. I called the agent again but they were not answering their phone, I had to wait until the morning to get all the details. The place was dirty. there was food on the lounge & under the cushion. we were supposed to stay 4 nights but left after 2 & staying at another apartment block close to the train station for the other 2 nights. This was the worst apartment I had ever stayed in. Keep clear of this place.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank 143anthonyh
Reviewed December 11, 2017

THE GOOD

We had a 2 bedroom unit on level 44 for 7 nights (3 adults - room 4408). The views over Melbourne and the bay were stunning. Beds were very comfortable as was the lounge. Microwave and dishwasher were fitted and a dining table and 4 chairs was also provided. A washing machine and dryer were in a small laundry. There was a fully enclosed 'verandah'. A large TV was provided although it was a cheap brand and often failed to respond to the remote - there was no Foxtel but we did get an excellent rate. Everything was clean and tidy.

Toilets and showers were clean although insufficient toilet paper was provided and needed to be requested. Only 1 towel each was provided and more were requested so we could use the pool with a dry towel.

THE BAD

The blind had obviously broken in the main bedroom and had been removed - it was hard to sleep after 5:00 a.m. with the light streaming in. A fix was requested but not provided.

The windows leaked in the lounge room and both bedrooms! My wife had to dodge the wet carpet to get in and out of bed. Also, a blind that let light into the second bedroom had no cord and could not be adjusted.

We had problems with the entry door and had to request assistance - the fix was to lift the door as you closed it - however, no maintenance was done to remedy the problem.

The apartment was separate from those managed by the front desk and you needed to call a service line for assistance - the service was always courteous although they failed to provide a fix for our missing blind - even a sheet would have helped.

We believe the property may be less than 2 years old and the leaking here and in other suites was known to our service representative.

• Trip type: Travelled with family