“Great value on Fitzroy Street”
Review of I Love Dumplings

I Love Dumplings
Ranked #1,315 of 4,616 Restaurants in Melbourne
Reviewed April 4, 2018

One of the better value-for-money options on the street. We had fresh, tasty food, sincere and helpful service with a smile, comfortable seating and a surprisingly cheap bill at the end of it all. We loved this restaurant and wouldn't hesitate to return.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Had the prawn spring rolls and they were nice but nothing special. The seafood dumplings I ordered were all stuck together and broke when trying to separate them. Try elsewhere as it's not cheap for dumplings.

Reviewed February 12, 2018

The food was exquisite, so many choices. I had stir fried tiger prawns with honey dew. This was heavenly, so delicious, I wanted it to go on forever. The service was good. We had a refreshing house sauvignon blanc with our meal.

Reviewed January 28, 2018

For a considerable time, the Jacka Boulevard end of Fitzroy street was looking neglected and slightly forlorn. The number of vacant premises don't help either. Therefore, the recently opened I Love Dumplings is a welcome addition to the street. Following a couple of visits previously, my wife and I decided to introduce the restaurant to a couple of French near neighbours.

The service was attentive without being unduly intrusive. We were impressed by the establishment's "captain's" grasp on faces and details. For instance, he remembered us from our previous visits and also a couple of the dishes that we ordered at the time. Although it was a warm Sunday night, the restaurant was half full with diners and there was constant flow of take-away clients.
We started with chilli dumplings (15 pcs/serve) as a shared entree. The pastry was medium to fine and the pork fillings were well seasoned and also slightly moist. This was followed by a pile of bbq lamb cutlets seasoned in cumin, a very generous serve of sautéed egg plants, caramelised without being too sugary and a generous serve of deep fried shredded potatoes and onions, accompanied by a generous portions of 2 bowls of
plain rice. The absence of a deep fried chippy odour in the shredded potatoes, suggested to me that perhaps they were air dried (?). Our French neighbours were impressed. So much so, and since the restaurant is within the boundaries of our precinct, we talked about making it as one of our local favourites.

Reviewed January 4, 2018

This is a new restaurant in St Kilda that I have now been to twice. The first time they had not yet acquired a liquor license but that has been resolved now. Their dumpling selection is good but probably designed to be eaten by a group rather than a couple. Their Chinese selection of dishes is also very good - the menu is very descriptive with great pictures of the dishes inside.

This is new to St Kilda but is the 4th restaurant for this chain. This says alot about the offering. The furniture and decor is excellent, the food very good and the service friendly. All at reasonable prices.