4,225 results
All reviews the executive lounge south wharf relaxation suite yarra river hilton hotel yarra suite convention center blackout blinds dfo shopping crown casino floor to ceiling windows attending a conference city view walk in shower short walk buffet breakfast room service
Reviewed May 6, 2016

Generally a very good hotel and I had a decent stay. I wished someone could have replied to the emails I sent earlier so there will be more preparation before I arrived, and also a proper lobby lounge that serves hot food after 10. Apart from that it was all good!

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Craig B, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2016

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

As part of the Hilton brand, we are passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences and I was delighted to learn that you were happy with our service.

However I was very sorry to learn our team didn't reply to your email. We sincerely regret the inconvenience and disappointment caused. I would like to assure you this is not the typical guest experience that we deliver. Rest assured we have already addressed your comments to prevent any such repetition in the future for our guests’ best interest and to ensure that we are consistently delivering the five star standard we pride ourselves on.

I greatly appreciate your feedback on a lobby lounge as your views enable us to monitor our guests' needs and expectations and help us evaluate the standard of our services and facilities.

The team and I look forward to your return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 5, 2016

Great Hotel, in good location on the River, located ontop of the convention centre. Easy access to the TRAM (within the FREEZONE), and also tram direct to St. Kilda. Walking distance to the Casino and the biggest Factory Outlet in Melbourne (DFO SouthWharf). Large variety of restaurants and bars located on the river next to the hotel.

Spacious rooms, comfortable king size bed, large shower and separate bath.

One of the best Hilton Executive Lounges I have been to. Very large, lots of seating, outdoor deck with tables and chairs, views of the city and the Yarra river. Breakfast in the lounge included hot and cold buffet (whilst not as big as the standard hotel buffet, it had a good variety of food). Canapés in the evening were also very good, however would of been good to see some variety over our 4 night stay (some food served every evening).

Was an awesome stay. Highly recommend this hotel. And will definitely return.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for posting a review following your recent stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

We are truly passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences and I was very pleased to learn of your great satisfaction with our hotel's standard of service. Your feedback serves as great motivation for us all.

We are indeed superbly located next to the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre and the DFO, close to the entertainment precinct and tram stops, and I am very pleased you find it extremely convenient.

I greatly appreciate your views on the variety of canapés in the evening as they enable us to monitor whether we are meeting our guests’ needs and expectations and help us evaluate the standard of our services and facilities.

The team and I appreciate your feedback and we all look forward to your return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 4, 2016

My arrival date was my birthday. It was about 7 am, they gave me a normal room just to get some rest first and they switch me to a King Yarra Suite that after noon. It was a 10 nights stay, at the 7th night, they send me some snacks and a bottle of water just to celebrate the 7th night. The restaurant was wonderful, one day before my departure date, I decided to hangout with my colleagues and friends, the waiter and waitress knew that. I was asking for my bill, they told me it's on the house.

Room tip: Just Excellent. Yarra Suite is very big and beautiful.
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed May 4, 2016

Had a 3 night stay with my husband. When we arrived at 9am we upgraded our room so that we could go in straight away. Room was lovely overlooking the Yarra and an amazing nighttime skyline. There was a bath & large shower and great lighting in the bathroom.
The only thing I could find to criticise would be the room lighting which could have been brighter.
The staff at the hotel were amazing, so attentive and polite.
The hotel is right above DFO, which was very handy for dropping off the shopping bags!
There are also some great restaurants nearby!

Room tip: Try to get a room with river view. We were on the 15th floor.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

It is particularly motivating to receive comments like the ones you provided on our staff. Rest assured I will convey your compliments to them.

We are indeed superbly located next to the DFO and close to the entertainment precinct, and I am very pleased you find it extremely convenient.

I have noted your comments on the lighting in the room and we sincerely regret the inconvenience caused. We greatly appreciate your views as they enable us to monitor whether we are meeting our guests’ needs and expectations and help us evaluate the standard of our services and facilities.

Reviewed May 3, 2016

Stayed for one night and it was perfect
Bed was amazing
Customer service was prompt and friendly
Bathroom was perfect, large and clean
We had a city view, perfect especially at night time
Do yourself a favour, get a city view and treat a loved one
Well worth the money