4,190 results
All reviews the executive lounge south wharf yarra river hilton hotel yarra suite convention center blackout blinds black out blinds dfo shopping crown casino floor to ceiling windows attending a conference city view walk in shower room service bars and restaurants buffet breakfast
Reviewed February 19, 2018

Excellent location and views of the City and River. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Great breakfast. Very tidy hotel and room. Comfortable bed. Will definitely stay at Pan Pacific again, it is on top of our list.

Room Tip: Our room was on level 12 with excellent views of the City and River.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group
Craig B, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Thank you very much for posting a review following your recent stay at Pan Pacific Melbourne.

We are truly passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences and I was very pleased to learn of your great satisfaction with our hotel's standard of service.

It is particularly motivating to receive comments like the ones you provided on our staff. Rest assured I will convey your compliments to them.

The team and I appreciate your feedback and we all look forward to your return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 18, 2018

I booked a night stay for my In laws at Pan Pacific Melbourne to accompany a night at the theatre. We booked this hotel as we had stayed before when it was the Hilton and due to its room quality, the view, proximity to food, activities and the theatre itself.

On the day of the booking at 1pm I received a phone call to say they would be moving our booking to the Pullman on the park. I asked if they could not move our booking an explained the reasons above, not to mention the fact we booked directly with the hotel in December for a February stay.

I put the hotel in contact with my in laws, and despite our requests, they were indeed moved to the alternative hotel.

Now, the rooms at the Pullman on the park are nowhere near the standard expected. I have stayed there before and intentionally chose not to book this place as a part of the gift.

Not only is the Pullman a lesser quality hotel, further from the theatre and nightlife, but after I had already paid for the room through the Pan Pacific, the Pullman went on to charge my inlaws as well.

It has since been near impossible to get a resolution from either hotel and we keep being passed between hotels and duty managers.

While this may not be the usual practice for either hotel, the way they have managed the situation has left us frustrated.
A luxurious gift was turned into a hassle for my family, leaving them with a feeling of disappointment about their trip.

We will look for other hotels for our future travel.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Jess G
Reviewed February 18, 2018

Having tickets for show in the city recently we booked in with the Discovery Package which included parking and breakfast. Were upgraded to room with river views which was lovely and made more special as was the night of recent eclipse of the moon. Everyone we dealt with was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good without being anything special. Hot food should be that, not poached eggs served on a cold plate. Apart from that enjoyed our stay and would consider staying there again in the future. The room was comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Craig B, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2018

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on your recent stay at Pan Pacific Melbourne.

As part of the Pan Pacific brand, we are passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences and I was delighted to learn that you were very happy with our service.

However, I have noted your comments on the buffet breakfast and we deeply regret the disappointment caused. I would like to assure you this is not the typical guest experience that we deliver. Please be assured our Executive Chef and F&B Director have addressed your comments to prevent any such repetition in the future for our guests’ best interest.

Reviewed February 17, 2018

Booked the hotel as a surprise for hubby for our anniversary. The hotel went out of their way to accommodate us! I requested late check out so we could sleep in since we were planning a late night out. We ended up getting breakfast and the buffet was great, lots of choices and different cultural food. We really enjoyed the big fluffy beds, even tried to figure out what brand comforters they use but couldn't find the tags, would love to buy these for my bed. Amazing views of Melbourne and very happy with my stay. Will definitely stay again. Thanks to the staff for being so nice and providing exceptional customer service!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Edvina,

Reviewed February 16, 2018

As a former Hilton hotel (and being a Diamond member) it's sad that the hotel is now a Pan Pacific, but much of the hotel has remained the same - which means very good, clean and spacious rooms - absolutely perfect.

Few small issues - having to explain that I booked a room with an upgrade - but nowhere in the system did it show that I booked this package - however, that was quickly fixed up.

Room services was average - decided on a simple club sandwich, but the chicken was cold and tough - wouldn't order from room service again.

All in all - great hotel and will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Get skyline room - well worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank InnCairnsHotel

However, I have noted your comments on the upgrade and room service. We sincerely regret the inconvenience and disappointment caused. I would like to assure you this is not the typical guest experience that we deliver. Please be assured our Reservation Department and Executive Chef have addressed your comments to prevent any such repetition in the future for our guests’ best interest and to ensure that our guests' experience is of the quality that is expected of the Pan Pacific brand.

I greatly appreciate your feedback. Your views enable us to monitor our guests' needs and expectations and help us evaluate the standard of our services and facilities.

Once again, please accept our deepest regret. We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future to experience the five star standard we pride ourselves on.