4,221 results
All reviews the executive lounge south wharf relaxation suite yarra river hilton hotel yarra suite convention center blackout blinds dfo shopping crown casino floor to ceiling windows attending a conference city view walk in shower short walk buffet breakfast room service
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were heading to Melbourne for a few nights to see our local footy team play at Etihad Stadium in the Docklands area of Melbourne. We wanted an affordable quality hotel a walk away from the big game – and I eventually selected the Pan Pacific. I had no idea at the time that it is part of the massive Melbourne Convention centre complex. Our bags were grabbed, formalities were over quickly and we were soon zooming up to our room with plenty of tips about where to eat and shop. Restaurants are everywhere just around the corner from the entrance along with a basement food hall. The lifts are quick and include security. The room was very large by today’s standards and nicely furnished with a big desk (two power points) and an adjustable light complete with a professional office chair. The TV was a bit of a letdown – small and difficult to use. The bathroom was large as well – big enough for two and I don’t say that very often these days. Both rooms were well lit – my little grumble would be that the towels did not match the quality of the bathroom. There was a power plug either side of the bed – essential these days with all the contraptions that need to be charged – or answered and bottled water was free. We enjoyed sweeping views of the dockland area from full length windows. Furniture includes a comfy armchair and coffee table. You close the bathroom off using sliding doors – quite a smart design to go with the smart décor. The mini fridge was stocked and we could serve ourselves coffee or tea. The goodies rolled on – robes, iron and board, an easy to use safe at the right height plus a walk-in shower area as well as a bath. Convention delegates obviously live the good life in Melbourne. Air conditioning was efficient and quiet, the toilet was enclosed. There was no nozzle on the hairdryer but that problem was fixed with a phone call. We did try room service – delivery was quick - the hamburger and chips were delicious and good value. Breakfast the next morning was a treat – a wonderful spread. Just one hitch – you wait for a silly amount of time for someone to take you to a table. All in all though for a property used to catering to huge gatherings -we were quite impressed.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Craig B, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Ian,

Thank you very much for posting a review following your recent stay at Pan Pacific Melbourne.

We are truly passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences and I was very pleased to learn of your great satisfaction with our hotel's standard of service.

We are indeed superbly located next to the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, close to free tram stops, CBD and the entertainment precinct, and I am very pleased you find it extremely convenient.

However, I have noted your comments on the towels, the nozzle on the hair dryer and the wait for the table at the restaurant. We sincerely regret the inconvenience and disappointment caused. I would like to assure you this is not the typical guest experience that we deliver. Please be assured we are addressing your comments to prevent any such repetition in the future for our guests’ best interest and to ensure that our guests' experience is of the quality that is expected of the Pan Pacific brand.

You will be pleased to know that the TVs will be replaced in early 2019.

I greatly appreciate your feedback as your views enable us to monitor our guests' needs and expectations and help us evaluate the standard of our services and facilities.

We all look forward to your return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Don’t stay here if your brown or coloured very double standard hotel different rules for coloured people staff only bothered about white Australian guests.absolutely disgusting service as well as low life staff

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Got to the room and as soon as I tried to connect to the hotel wifi my iPad was hiJacked.
I watched as someone typed in the the Settings search bar "We f. ye ..." That is as far as I watched and immediately turned my iPad off. Waited a few minutes and turned back on and this time someone was trying to type into my AppleID password. I switched off again and rang apple who couldn't help without a computer. So just got home and switched back on and no problems. So something to do with either the Pan Pacific Melbourne network or the location.
Couldn't use my iPad while I was there. My ladies iPad was OK. And our iPhones were ok as well.

The luxury escapes package was absolutely brilliant. The value for money was excellent. We had a suite on the corner with greater than 180° view.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on your recent stay at Pan Pacific Melbourne.

As part of the Pan Pacific brand, we are passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences and I was delighted to learn that you were very happy with our service.

I have noted your comments on your iPad and we greatly appreciate your feedback. Rest assured our IT Manager is looking into this to prevent any such repetition in the future.

The team and I greatly appreciate your feedback and we all look forward to your return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We took advantage of a luxury escapes package and stayed at the Pan Pacific Melbourne for two nights. The facilities were amazing and the hotel is located close to the convention centre, DFO and restaurants. Loved the room (Yarra Suite) as it was spacious, clean and we had an amazing view of the Yarra and the Melbourne skyline at night. The pan pacific lounge was good. The opportunity to access the lounge for drinks and canapés in the afternoon was one of the highlights of our stay. However I would agree with a previous reviewer that the breakfast choice was limited. Staff members across all areas of the hotel were friendly and welcoming. Problems arose with our experience at check out time as it seemed that Valet Parking had not only lost the keys to our car they had no record of who parked the car or where it was. During this confusion we were asked to wait in the lobby while staff members looked for the car. After being informed that it was unlikely that our keys could be recovered we arranged for a spare set to arrive by taxi. Overall we waited in the lobby for three hours for this to be resolved. That aside, we understand that mistakes can be made- our only request as we left was for somebody to contact us within the week to confirm if the keys could be recovered as the spare set would need to be replaced. There was no communication from Pan Pacific in the follow up. After an invoice was sent we received a call to acknowledge that it had been received and would be paid. I am writing this review today as there has still been no follow up, the invoice has not been paid and no explanation has been given as to how the keys were lost in the first place. Disappointing, as we really enjoyed the stay but have lost confidence in their professionalism and service.

Date of stay: September 2018
2  Thank Verytrippy6
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Walking distance to casino, restaurants and shopping mall. Stayed for 2 nights and the hotel is well-maintained. Cocktails at the hotel bar are quite good but slightly more pricey than at the bars nearby. Recommend for business travellers.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Craig B, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are indeed superbly located next to the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre and DFO, close to free tram stops, Crown Casino, CBD and the entertainment precinct, and I am very pleased you find it extremely convenient.