Crown Metropol Melbourne
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$95
Radisson
US$129
US$108
  • Room Service
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$155
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$98
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
The Crossley Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$107
  • Room Service
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$103
  • Pool
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$86
  • Restaurant
The Langham, Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$160
  • Pool
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$189/night.

Oaks On William(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$104
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Best Western Melbourne City(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$58
Priceline
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$66/night.

4,181 results
All reviewsmr hiveluxe roominfinity poolcasino complexvalet parkingpre dinner drinksshower and toiletsteam roomfloor to ceiling windowstop floorroom servicebuffet breakfastmodern hotelcity viewcorner roomsouth bankyarra river
Reviewed May 22, 2011

The Crown Metropol is as clean, comfortable and beautiful as ever, but the service has taken a dive since I was last here. The problems started on arrival when I arrived after 8 hours of driving. The driveway was completely full of taxis and private cars, with absolutely no room to move. The staff were not managing the traffic at the front door, and there were three taxis parked right in front of the door and having a conversation. I had to sit in the car for ten minutes before I could get into the hotel.

Eventually I got inside, left my suitcase to be taken up to the room and went to reception at 1.30pm. It was half an hour before check in, and I was told the room wasn't ready. No problem! After being promised a call when it was ready, I got back in the car and took off for a drive around. At 3.00pm I returned to find out if my room was ready. There was no phone call as promised, but sure enough it was ready. Reception gave a halfhearted apology but the lady who served me couldn't care less. She then proceeded to charge my credit card again without checking it had already been done. I just stopped her in time.

I went straight up to my room feeling rather annoyed and dying to have a shower. Perhaps I waited too long, but over an hour later I rang Guest Services to ask for my bag. The lady on the phone was great and soon there was a knock on the door. The man who brought it up left it outside the door and gestured at it, saying "Here you go." That's it, not even a "hello"...

As anyone who has read my other reviews would know, I'm not hard to please! But the Metropol has really let me down on basic customer service skills. I will be contacting management and I'll update this review to let you know how management deals with my complaint.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 21, 2011

I stayed here for one night for a conference. It was a great location near the Melbourne Conference/Exhibition centre and Crown Casino was easily accessed via a indoor air bridge.

The rooms were beautiful and modern. The large king sized bed was finished with top quality linen and pillows. Cleanliness was excellent.

The range and quality of bathroom amenities provided was fantastic.

There was a range of Foxtel channels on the tv.

Room service was delivered promptly and delicious.

The rooms were very quiet but my only complaint was that they were quite stuffy and warm at night. Check in also took longer than I would expect but the staff were all friendly and helpful. Internet and car parking was also expensive.

The express check out option was fantastic for early starts.

I would love to stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed here as a treat and loved it. The service was fantastic and we had a very easy checkin with a polite receptionist.
Our room was lovely with a very comfy king size bed and large floor to ceiling windows which were great and opened up the room. I liked the design of the bathroom and thought it looked very modern and clean. I know a few other reviewers dont agree with me so mayve its just personal taste but I didnt mind it.
The pool area was quite nice along with the gym overlooking the city.
The best part of the hotel is the location, we stayed on a cold wintery night and didnt have to rug up as you just take lift to the first floor and you are in the crown complex for dining, movies and casino so it suited us perfect. We would stay here again and would highly recommend it to anyone. We didnt have breakfast at the hotel as it was quite busy but there are plenty of lovely cafes along southbank.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Our room was located in the spa area, we hard arranged to stay for one night only to find that our room had an interconnecting door with no sound proofing. We could hear our neighbours talking, their TV, hair drier. It was NOT the peaceful stay we had wished for. Other details such as concierge and attention of staff were not reflective of the money that was spent. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 9, 2011

The Crown Metropol, situated one block behind the main Crown Casino complex, is a beautiful hotel. We stayed in a Luxe King room on the 24th floor. The bed and pillows were to die for ... soooo comfortable. The bathroom was well appointed, with separate shower and toilet rooms, and interesting sliding doors. The main room contained a large study desk, chaise lounge, and full HD TV with heaps of Foxtel channels. A large floor-to-ceiling window provided a great view of the Yarra River towards Bolte Bridge. His and hers bath robes, free safe, well stocked mini bar and ice bucket were the finishing touches on a sensationally stylish room.

Staff were very friendly and efficient. We didn't eat at Gordon Ramsay's Maze, one because the prices were exhorbitant and two because we don't care much for Gordon Ramsay. Better value and a wider variety of food can be had in the Crown Saute buffet restaurant.

We would thoroughly recommend the Crown Metropol to anyone. We booked 4 months in advance and got a good price of $207 per night.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple