4,315 results
All reviews mr hive luxe room infinity pool casino complex valet parking pre dinner drinks shower and toilet steam room floor to ceiling windows top floor room service buffet breakfast city view modern hotel corner room south bank yarra river
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Stayed at this hotel recently. I was pretty happy about our rooms, and although most people seem to complain about the toilets, i really liked the design / overall look they achieved with the room.

The bed was great, clean sheets everything seemed spacious. I loved that we had a glass wall instead of a tiny little window. Allowed us to enjoy the views, although we did get stuck with a carpark beneath us looking outward was lovely.

I do think the best feature/ what drew me into booking this hotel was the amazing pool area they have. Swimming at night time was beautiful and the view is outstanding of Melbourne city. Was a little disappointed that the main pool didn't come with a spa with jets only till I went into the ladys change to discover a great spa and steam room, and the room was well stocked with towels etc that i didn't need to bring anything up but myself.

We tried room service at night, nothing special and thought was a little overpriced for what we got (but aren't all hotels?). The location for me was fine. would have been nice to stay closer to flinders if we were staying longer but the city circle tram filled in those gaps :)

Room Tip: ask for a view
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Having read the many reviews on the Trip Advisor site I thought we would be in for a real treat, but it certainly wasn't the case.
There are a few problems we found with this hotel.
1.You want to know the person you are sharing the room with very well ! It may not be the place for a romantic encounter. The toilet is separated from the rest of the room by a thin sliding panel which is not sound proof. The toilet and shower have glass doors, and the occupant is visible from the room if the panel is not slid past. But the sound proofing is a problem: I was sitting in the room with my wife in the toilet & I felt like a blind man at a fireworks display !! All was heard !
2. The breakfast is expensive for a continental, let alone a full breakfast. Unfortunately I found no alternative breakfast locations nearby.
3. I found the hotel not well located; it is a bit remote from the Southbank. So there are few opportunities to eat elsewhere without walking a number of large blocks to Southbank. There are places to eat in the complex which are cheaper than the Gordon Ramsay 'Maze' but they seemed to be all owned by the Crown company. We ate at one and we found the steak we had was tough and the service poor.
4. The reception staff are efficient but I found not terribly helpful, they are probably pretty busy.

On the plus side: the rooms are very clean, the WIFI was free when we were there (they waved the $25 daily charge), the room staff very helpful, the entertainment system & IPod dock is good.

But we won't be back. I noted that there is certain 'sameness' to many of the reviews.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank gwhtraveller
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed 3 nights in this hotel, the rooms were very comfortable, the location very central to Southbank and casino precinct, trams, trains and only a 15 minute walk to the city center. Everything about this hotel is clean comfortable and spacious, the staff very helpful and the breakfast was very good. There are lots of places to eat nearby.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Decided to stay last minute in the city. Called around and the Crown Metropol delivered the goods. Beautiful rooms with great bay and city views.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Love this hotel beautiful rooms and Soooo clean! Towels are the only thing to let them down they are not soft and fluffy they are thin and hard the isika spa is to die for amazing a must for a couple. Over the racing Carnival we had a blast. Cost is a bit out there but it's worth the luxury. Just stay for 2 nights you will be glad!

• Stayed: November 2011