4,326 results
All reviews mr hive luxe room infinity pool casino complex valet parking pre dinner drinks shower and toilet steam room floor to ceiling windows top floor room service buffet breakfast city view modern hotel corner room south bank yarra river
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We stayed here on our wedding night and we loved our stay. At booking we asked for a city view room. Much to our surprise we were given a corner room over looking the bay and city. The view was spectacular! The quality of fittings were wonderful and ultra modern.
They provided us with complimentary champagne and chocolates when we arrived into our room. For the quality of the room, it was definitely worth the cost. We stayed in an R60 room and were provided with a discount as I am a crown signature member. The location of this hotel is perfect and only a short walk to south bank and Crown entertainment complex.
A hotel worth considering for a night in the heart of Melbourne.

2  Thank SankTastic
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We were looking for a night in the City and wanted the best hotel we could find, I searched for hours and after looking at the Grand Hyatt, The Langham and The Intercontinental I decided upon the Metropol mainly because the rooms looked the most modern and stylish. Also because of the pool and spa on the 27th floor. I must mention we stayed during the school holidays and on arrival were shocked to see the pool packed with families, probably slightly naive of me really. So after deciding to forget the pool which we did visit the next morning and swam in an empty pool and watched the sun come up over melbourne (Which was fab!) We headed for afternoon drinks and snacks on floor 28. We had a deal which included valet parking, breakfast and unlimited soft drinks through out the day and use of floor 28's executive lounge. Also in the deal we had free alcoholic drinks and snacks between 5-7pm. It was well worth it ! We must have drank about 5 drinks each - Good selection of beers, spirits and wine. It was lovely as was the breakfast the next morning, fabulous views over Melbourne tucking into a fantastic breakfast.
Check in and out was quick, rooms are the best I have stayed in and seen In Melbourne. Casino and restaurants on your doorstep. Great random one night getaway.
Well done Crown ! We will return.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room facing the city - anything above 18 would be good.
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel on two occasions while on business. The rooms are spacious and pristine with a modern, minimalist look that's very refreshing to stay in. I love the bathroom and shower, and the bed is very comfortable.

A real highlight of this hotel is their breakfast restaurant. It's a beautiful place to start your day and I strongly recommend you get there for breakfast.

Room Tip: I wouldn't book this hotel again through Wotif. The hotel doesn't seem to like Wotif bookings and is VERY unhelpful when you need to make a change. I needed to on both occasions due to business changes and both times they wanted to charge me big penalties. On the second occasion I'd booked two rooms for three nights, and needed to change it to two rooms for two nights. I called them TWO WHOLE WEEKS in advance to let them know of the change, and they wanted to charge me for two full room nights -i.e. the third night's stay for my colleague and me, even though they were getting two weeks notice of the change. When I complained, they went to lengths to explain that if I'd booked directly with them, there wouldn't have been penalties. We eventually reached an agreement which took a lot of too-ing and fro-ing between Wotif and them. But as the customer, I was really unhappy about it. It was a bad experience. I don't see the point of booking and paying on Wotif if they're charging the full room rate without any discounts, yet you are restricted from making the changes you could make normally if you'd booked direct with the hotel. Wotif and the hotels need to get their act together on that.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Beautiful hotel, great service and what a pool! Both trips here have been absolutely perfect and we are planning to return. Bed was big and comfy and bathroom is beautiful! Make time to use the gym and pool, they are definitely worth it. This is the coolest of the Crown hotels.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank awalk2504
HarleyMoraitis, General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor!

I am so pleased that you have enjoyed your stays with us to date and look forward to welcoming you back on your third visit!

Please feel free to contact me if I can assist with your next booking. I can be contacted on
61 3 9292 8888.

Kind regards,
Harley Moraitis
Crown Metropol

Reviewed January 19, 2012

We got a special package for AU$295. This included the room for the night - lovely room, ample space, big king size bed, very modern bathroom that opened up to the bedroom area, separate toilet and shower with big glass doors. Good toiletry sets to use, complimentary thongs (not slippers!), bathrobes in room. Our rate also included access to the "28th Floor" which is an 'executive' area. You can check in/out up here (no need to join the peasants on the ground floor :-) ). You also had access to this area all day with seating/relaxing areas and free tea, coffee and soft drinks. Come 5.30pm you could have free pre-dinner drinks (a very full list to choose from and excellent quality wine and champers) and dips/bread, some sort of nibbles until 7pm. Then we returned to this area for an included full buffet breakfast. All of this with amazing views across Melbourne and down the river. The pool area (totally indoors) also shows the quality of this hotel with glorious day beds and chairs to relax in. An infinity pool appears to be trickling over the edge of the building - I think about 25m long. along with a large plunge pool at about 35 degrees. The toilets and showers in this area are total luxury with the added surprise of a spa and a steam room - very plush!
Excellent location on the edge of Melbourne CBD, close to anything you may be wanting to do.
All in all this was a lovely, luxurious place to stay and I thought the package we got was incredible value. A final comment is, despite all the luxury and refinement it was definitely not 'snooty' or 'snobby', the staff service was excellent and definitely made you feel welcome and comfortable. Would love to stay again.

Room Tip: Try for a package including access to the '28th floor'.
1  Thank indiweb

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Crown Metropol.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to utilise the facilities of "28", our club lounge, and the pool on the 27th floor. The views are quite spectacular on both these levels.

I would hope that you will return one day and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can assist you with your requirements. My details are listed below.

Thanks again for your comments and I will ensure I share them with my team.

Regards,