4,315 results
All reviews mr hive luxe room infinity pool casino complex valet parking pre dinner drinks shower and toilet steam room floor to ceiling windows top floor room service buffet breakfast city view modern hotel corner room south bank yarra river
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice and it is my favourite in Melbourne.
As it is a new hotel everything is modern and trendy - the rooms are large and luxurious and the bathroom is amazing - even the toiletries are fantastic.
New magazines are left in the room for you to read and you get a complimentary newspaper in the morning.
Staff are really friendly.
The first time we had a great view towards Port Phillip Bay - the second time we had a view of the carpark. Unfortunately I can't remember the room number with the better view.
The only negative is that the first time we stayed at Metropol (shortly after it opened) we went in to our room and there was a horrible smell. We checked the bathroom and there was a giant sickly looking poo floating in the toilet. Obviously the cleaner was feeling ill and just decided to go. We just flushed it but I wished we told reception and asked to get free entry to the top floor bar!
This isn't what you would expect from a luxury hotel but I didn't hold it against them.

Room Tip: Try to get one looking out towards the bay, rather than a room on a lower level that looks over the carpark
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed in a loft which was absolutely fantastic on the 14th floor. The housekeeping service was great -2x day and we really enoyed the "turn down" service.
I loved the couple of treatments i received at the day spa. Whilst, they are high end prices, the therapists are evidently qualified and very professional. I cannot speak highly enough of each treatment I had.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

There was quite a queue to checkin and check-out over the weekend, but staff still greeted you with a smile.

I loved the decor of the room and it was very tidy. Our sleep could have been made better with nicer pillows - but that's a very individual thing and I always find that there's nothing like my own.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Our room was a luxe room on the 16th floor, with views over a huge Casino car park to the Eureka Tower, Rialto and Shrine of Remembrance (which got better at night). The room itself was spacious, with a chaise longue at one end and a huge bed, work desk. The bathroom area was super modern and is separated from the living space by two bamboo partition screens which can be pulled shut for more privacy. I laughed that you probably wouldn't stay here on a 'first date away' with someone as there wasn't much sound proofing between the bathroom and bedroom. The shower and toilet are two adjoining frosted glass cubicles within the bathroom which again leaves little to the imagination if you're not staying with someone you know well!! We loved the room layout overall, which was supported with really good soft lighting. Fantastic sound proofing, we slept really well.

Ate at the in house restaurant Mr Hive which was good also. Fairly pricy as you would expect for a hotel restaurant but top quality food (kingfish, seared tuna, scallops, duck breast, lamb with minted peas) plus a separate dessert bar, which you can leave your table to perch at and watch the amazing dessert creations being constructed.

Check in and out fast and efficient, even at peak times, when queues are frequent. Public car park right next door is $10 for 24 hours, saving you $30 from the price of valet parking, which you can then invest on cocktails at the Mr Hive bar (or at least we did).

This will be a hotel of choice for future city getaways.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Booked this on Wotif and got a great deal. Very chic hotel and located perfectly to get to Crown Casino or anything else in that precinct or the city. On the down side, the shower looked like it needed a good clean as the grout was badly stained, making it look older than it was. Also, trying to get a coffee at the breakfast bar was very time consuming, go off-site if you're in a hurry.

• Stayed: March 2012