4,315 results
All reviews mr hive luxe room infinity pool casino complex valet parking pre dinner drinks shower and toilet steam room floor to ceiling windows top floor room service buffet breakfast city view modern hotel corner room south bank yarra river
Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

I booked a twin room for my mother and I at Crown Metropol, it was a gift for my mum for Mother’s Day and a well needed treat for her to give her a break and say thankyou for everything she does.
The room was immaculately clean and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. The view was ok, we were on the 20th floor and there were apartments directly opposite us but that can’t really be helped given where the Metropol is positioned in the city.
We stayed on a Sunday night and had room service for breakfast the next day, the food was really good for the price and left us feeling really full.
We also used the pool and spa facilities Monday morning which was a great way to wake up to Melbourne. The pool area is beautifully clean as well, the pool is heated to a comfortable temperature and the spa was a great way to keep warm and finish off our stay.
I will definitely return to the Metropol we both had an amazing weekend.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2018

There were A LOT of issues:
1. Bed's not made properly - the bottom sheets were not tucked in and consequently my sister had to make our beds
2. Check in was very slow, person took ages and could not get his head around us having 3 rooms
3. Put my luggage in the wrong room
4. Called for complimentary sparkling wine at 5pm and took a few hours for it to be delivered
5. Only one pillow per person and were absolutely horrible terrible pillows
6. 15 minute queue at breakfast buffet and that wa sonly to give staff wait number, then had to join another queue for table despite us spending $1200 as Mr Hive the night before
7. Waiting for breakfast even though there were quite a few tables the staff just weren't cleaning them
8. Huge queue to get food a breakfast buffet made even longer by the fact that there were no plates and long wait times for staff to restock food
9. Ended up seated so far away from buffet in a la carte area could not go back for more juice since it was too far
10. Check out queue was ridiculously long
11. Before leaving room I called down for car which was in valet parking, they said I could not do this on weekends and I asked if I went down if it would be a 20 minute wait and the girl said no it would be really quick
12. Had to queue for 25 minutes just to give valet people car ticket
13. Had to wait another 20 for them to bring the cars - we had three cars and they brought us the wrong cars
14. They also did not give us the car keys
15. I went down to check out at 11am and did not get to leave until 12pm due to your absolutely completely ridiculous wait times.

In the end the guy we complained to was helpful but it took a long time for him to do anything. He said a manager will call and we can have a room upgrade next time we come. He also removed the extra breakfasts and movie from the room bill. While this was good I was still unhappy because you should not market yourselves as a luxury hotel when you provide absolutely despicable service barely worthy of a 2 star hotel.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank micaela595
CrownHotelsGM, General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2018

Dear micaela595,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I would like to take this opportunity to extend my sincere apologies for what was clearly a disappointing stay.

Rest assured, your valuable feedback has been discussed with the relevant teams and will assist us to make essential improvements to our service delivery. As discussed, we would love to welcome you back soon to experience a flawless stay and invite you to contact the Duty Manager directly for your next visit.

Shaun D’Cruz
Executive General Manager
Crown Hotels Melbourne

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

We were gifted a luxe night here. Staff were friendly, city luxe room had beautiful view and was nice and big for a city apartment. Complimentary bubbly was a nice part of the package too.

Arrived at check in at 2.30/3 and the line was ridiculously long and every counter was being utilized. Maybe a 10/20 minute wait?

Left at 10am and got our valet parked car in just 5 mins.

Had an awesome time.

Breakfast at Mr Hive was wonderful. Arrived at 7.30am and had pick of the tables and within 20 mins the restaurant was full. The wife has many dietary restrictions (dairy and gluten) and found the staff there extremely helpful.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

Very good place to for all occasions very friendly staff and excellent service from once you arrived though to when you leave . Room very clean and spacious, pool on 27th floor excellent especially for the view from the pool , club bar on the 28th floor a must for relaxing drinks and nibbles and take in the beautiful view of Melbourne. Staff a reception were excellent would definitely be going back.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed May 16, 2018

From Booking in to booking out, I cant complain about a thing. I was worried as paying for something you don't see can be a problem @ times. We ordered the big breakfast & what an amazing surprise!! Hot & well presented. would stay forever TY Crown.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel