4,354 results
All reviews mr hive luxe room infinity pool casino complex valet parking pre dinner drinks corner room steam room floor to ceiling windows top floor room service buffet breakfast city view modern hotel south bank yarra river mini bar
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

This place was fabulous from check in to check out. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Beds comfy and quiet even though on the road. I’d definitely stay again. Breakfast buffet had so much choice, and pleasant serving staff

Trip type: Travelled on business
CrownHotelsManager, Executive General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Dear Cheryl A,

Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.

I was absolutely delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience at Crown Metropol Melbourne and appreciated your feedback regarding our friendly staff and buffet breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

Nice room, comfy bed, strong hot shower....all I needed for a one night stay.
Express check-in and express check-out.
Close to city, shops, entertainment.
Great service. Easy to find.
Suggest you use public transport, taxi or Uber to get to and from to save on car parking.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Mark L,

Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.

It was wonderful to see that your overall stay with us was enjoyable and that you found our guest rooms and online check-in service to be of a high standard.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

I just wanted to express concern over being charged twice for my stay. you took money and put it on hold and then you took another lot out after check out instead of just releasing the money back into my account minus my stay! my account is now overdrawn. being a single mum and not having the money to spend on a treat like this very often, it was very disappointing. my account is overdrawn and i have no money for petrol and anything else for me and my daughter. this stay was for my daughters birthday as a treat and i normally love staying at metropol but its definitely turned me off staying as i don't want this kind of thing happening to my account again. Also upon check out i was told i had not paid for my daughters breakfast and i disputed this and after some chatting was then told i was correct. it just seemed like the person did not know what she was doing!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Bree A,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay. I do hope that your daughter had a wonderful birthday and enjoyed her time at Crown Metropol Melbourne.

Naturally, I was concerned to learn of your experiences during your recent stay. Your feedback regarding 'breakfast charges' have been shared with my team and we will look at additional training where required.

In addition, I was disappointed to learn that our credit card pre-authorisation caused you considerable frustration and I believe you have been in contact with our Hotel Duty Manager to discuss your concerns in more detail.

For the benefit of others who may read this review, I need to clarify that this is standard practice within hotels. Once you depart, a hotel will release this hold with your bank who in turn releases these funds back to you. Unfortunately, we do not control how long your bank takes to return these funds and this is a common frustration for both hoteliers and guests. We accept both EFTPOS and cash as an alternative to this credit card guarantee.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to reinstate your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

I had always wanted to stay at one of the Crown Hotels but could never really justify the price, but Crown Metropol popped up on the accommodation list for a conference so this made the price more realistic. Beautiful large room, very well appointed and comfortable. But I really don't like feather pillows. It was very quiet pretty much all of the time. My view was of the Crown Complex carpark in the foreground but beyond that, it was a lovely view of the city. The limited number of staff I had contact with were all friendly and helpful, check in was easy and quick and so was check out - but I checked out early and came back to collect luggage and the place was a mad house as it was 11am - check out time!! But it was cleared quickly. I really did enjoy my stay but I had hyped it up so much in my own head that I was a bit disappointed for no real reason!!

Room tip: possibly try for a high floor
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
CrownHotelsManager, Executive General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Dear Sarah S,

Thank you for your recent review.

It was wonderful to see that your overall stay with us was enjoyable and that you found our staff friendly and our guest rooms spacious.

To enhance your comfort and ensure a good night sleep, we have a pillow menu that offers a variety of pillows, including Micro Fibre. On your next visit, please contact our Guests Services team who will happily arrange additional pillows to be delivered to your room.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

I have decided to stay here when a lot of other hotels were more than $300 and this was around $250. The room is great, modern even though my room faces the car park. The bed is comfortable.

Given it is part of the Casino complex it has tons of parking available. The food downstairs of the hotel is expensive so probably worth looking at eating a number of restaurants in the casino complex. A number of the restaurants are inside the casino, so probably no good for family with kids to stay there.

Will definitely stay there again next time I stay in Melbourne CBD.

Date of stay: August 2018