“Great Ocean Road and Yarra Valley Wine tour”

Wildlife Tours Australia
Book In Advance
More Info
US$99.40*
and up
Grampians National Park Day Trip from Melbourne...
Ranked #30 of 104 Food & Drink in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Wildlife Tours Australia - Specialise in small group adventures to the Great Ocean Road, Phillip Island Penguins, Grampians National Park, Yarra Valley, Mornington Peninsula, Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley, Port Stephens and Melbourne to Adelaide. Offering the ultimate award-winning 1, 2 & 3+ sightseeing day tour adventures for anyone looking for unique and personalised group tours. If you are visiting Melbourne or Sydney and looking for a quality value for money operator to take you on your next adventure, then look no further. Wildlife Tours Australia is the way to travel!!!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

1st tour was Yarra Valley Wine tour with me and my GF, the start of the day was an early start but we had the best weather which we knew would make that day even better, we started off by heading out to the Yarra Valley to a strawberry farm where we tried there amazing cheese, crackers and relishes plus we found out some interesting information about how they grow etc, BBQ relish was my fav but there all amazing its a hard choice, next stop was the chocolate factory and see all the amazing chocolate on offer, very pricey but worth going just for the free buttons at the entrance can help yourself as many times as you like which we did lol, now this is where the real fun starts you head to an amazing beer and cider brewery find out the history of it and what beers and ciders they have to offer, when i left there i couldn't remember much after haha jokes but yes that gets the alcohol flowing in your system which sets you up for the next Vine yard where the gentleman there gave us some very generous servings of there wine they made at this particular vineyard, by this time its coming up to lunch so goes really well with lunch, me and my gf purchased a bottle that we liked and had our Italian lunch looking over the vineyard which was amazing, after lunch you go to another Vineyard and have more tasters before heading back to the city, day overall was amazing, weather was great, tour guard Shane knew his stuff about the wines and we had a good laugh with all the group, only downside is that Im gutted it had to end, but they say good things always come to an end.

2nd tour was the Great Ocean Road, we were still fragile after the Wine tour the day before but its ok you can have a little sleep on the bus on the way to the 12 Apostles , overall this was my highlight of the whole trip, its a really long day but thats always the way when you have to find the beautiful spots, Loch Ard gorge and the 12 Apostles are unreal, Im not going to ruin the surprise just do it!!! i would recommend doing the 2 day trip which we were gutted we didn't do as you can spend more time there and see the Grampians, but if you are only in Melbourne for a short time 1 day is perfect, overall the trip was amazing, tour guide was great and had an awesome playlist so the long journey wasn't to bad.

Rating Wildlife Tours 5 star everything was perfect from start to finish, girls on the phone booking it very professional and polite, tours guides was great and the tours were great, so everything was great, keep up the good work guys and girls.

All reviews
in 26 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

2 Day Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island Penguins Adventure Tour
Code: D2B-221F

We booked this tour online by this certified company being our highlight of Melbourne trip. It was beautiful getting out in nature and taking a double-dose Australian sightseeing scenery and it was unbelievable, what an amazing view!!
Our Guide Carla was very professional, friendly and precise with her time. She was like a family to everyone on the bus with her great chat, commentary and local knowledge of the Great Ocean Road including the iconic 12 Apostles rock formations along the rugged stretch of coast driving all the way to Torquay and the spending the night there.

The only drawback was that the night accommodation was at the Backpackers all in one room where my wife and I had to upgrade the room to a Motel room by paying extra.

Also other best sites being watching the Penguin parade, Nobbies, Seal Rocks, Wild Koalas, Kookaburras and Parrots at the Maru Park. It's great to see them up so close. It was a paramount especially for tourists like us where close pictures could be taken with the koalas and feeding kangaroos, wallabies and other animals too.

We also got to get on the Cable car one way by paying the entrance fees and were picked up by our guide on the other end which was exciting and exceptional service given to us by Carla, that was very nice of her. Thank you very much…..this trip will be the best trip ever remembered by us for life time!

Riyaz Essa, Toronto, Canada

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I am a seasoned traveller and I have not had such a wonderful time in my traveling life! It was my first time to Melbourne and finally had the chance to see the majestic Great Ocean Road! We stopped over at many lookout points and our tour guide, Craig (Mr Bones) is very knowledgeable and explained many things to us along the tour; OZ's wildlife, nature, history and many other things about Melbourne and Australia. The most memorable thing to me was the drive into Grampians where we stayed for the night. We have to drive in to the national park and we were fore-warned by our tour guide of kangaroos crossing our paths. Wow! It was really scary but yet awesome to have so many kangaroos sprinted right to the tour bus from left and right. Craig is a true professional tour bus driver and I have full respect of his driving skills. It was a drive that I will not forget too soon in the near future!

Grampians is breathtaking and everything went really smooth. I had an awesome tour with this tour company. I will definitely recommend to my friends and family!

1  Thank Kitjoey M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We did the Mornington peninsula tour with Safari Pete as our guide. What a fun day. Goat farm tasting cheese, winery tasting lovely wines from the region, cider house very nice, chocolate shop best chocolate we have ever tasted just melts in your mouth,strawberry farm, olive grove with their olives and wines. AND LOTS OF LAUGHS. GREAT DAY OUT