All reviews crown casino these apartments supermarket downstairs bedroom apartment premium view city road lock the door great location fantastic apartment prior to arrival check in process washing machine and dryer floor to ceiling windows kitchen utensils short walk to southbank ten minute walk south bank
Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

Southbank One is a great location. Check in and out was very smooth. The rooms are a good size and comfortable. Note that dogs are allowed in this accomodation and are often in the lifts, so if you're not a dog person I would stay away.
However we did have a couple of issues. Firstly when we arrived there were cigarette buts on the verandah with a few more landing each day, often alight. When informed (twice), this didn't appear to be of major concern for management, however on day 3 they did send up housekeeping to clean the verandah. Additionally, some linen was not clean. This was very obvious with large brown marks on towel facing out..hard to miss. When notified, management were very good and immediately sent up housekeeping with all new towels. Management also gave some chocolates and wine for our troubles, which was appreciated, however it would have been much better if the issues did not arise.

2  Thank Joepad12
Melbourne04, Manager at Melbourne Short Stay Apartments at SouthbankOne, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2018

Dear Joepad12,
Thank you for providing your feedback following your stay with us at Southbank One. We really value any feedback we receive as it allows us to create and implement strategies and procedures to ensure you have an outstanding experience with us.
I would like to apologise that the cleanliness of your apartment did not meet your expectations; this is certainly not the way we want to present our apartments to our guests. With regards to the cigarette butts initially on your balcony these should have been cleaned prior to your arrival, and It appears that other individuals in the building were dropping butts down and some were landing on your balcony. I am glad housekeeping did attend to clean these up during your stay.
In regards to the towel that was stained, I would like to apologise that the housekeeping department did miss this. We have passed this feedback back onto them to ensure they thoroughly check the standard of all linen prior to placing into our apartments. With regards to pets being allowed in the building, this is a pet friendly building for tenants, but our guests are not permitted to bring pets.
I am pleased that our management team were swift in getting these matters rectified for you and you appreciate our small gesture for the issues you encountered.
Thanks again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Melbourne Short Stay Apartments in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2018

The 2 bedroom-apartment was reasonable but small. However, a dressing gown was left on the main bed on the day of cleaning and was taken. The office said they would check and get back to us but never did. Also had a really annoying and loud whistling sound due to the wind..

Trip type: Travelled with family
Melbourne04, Manager at Melbourne Short Stay Apartments at SouthbankOne, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2018

Dear chrisdaltonibiza,
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent stay with us at Southbank One. We truly value the feedback as it helps us make improvements to your guest experience.
I am disappointed to read that the service provided by our team wasn’t to the standard you expected nor to the standard we aim to deliver. Our team should have followed up with you in regards to the dressing gown, which was not located.
I also appreciate your feedback about the whistling noise, which can occasionally occur when there are high winds. Each apartment is provided with a door snake which does eliminate the noise when placed at the entrance to the front door.
Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to welcome you back to Melbourne Short Stay Apartments in the future.

Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

Soutgbank One is a ten minute walk from the river which borders the central part of the city which makes it an ideal location for exploring the city.
The apartment is well fitted out and a good place to chill when your feet have cried enough.
There are a couple of convenience stores nearby or severally cessation where you can have your breakfast or brunch within a few minutes walk.
The staff at the check-in were efficient and helpful and Lauren gave us useful information about the locale and some of the places we could visit.
Would happily stay here again and recommend others to do so.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Steve L,
Wow! Thank you for providing a glowing five star review of your recent stay with us, it was our absolute pleasure to welcome you to Southbank One. We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback, it helps us continue to deliver an outstanding guest experience.
I am so thrilled to read that you rated your stay with us so highly! It's great to read that you enjoyed our extremely convenient and central location and that you found our apartments to be comfortable and well equipped.
Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Melbourne Short Stay Apartments when you’re next in town.

Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I booked into the Southbank one on Thursday the 1st I had driven down from Wangaratta to meet with her to attend a friends birthday on the Friday night and to also celebrate my birthday.

I had my car and needed to use the car park we payed $600 for three nights I wasn't sure why I had to pay an extra $23 dollars a day for car park but thought I would ask when checking in, I heard the gentleman in front of me ask if he could pay cash and he did I filled in forms also placing my girlfriends name on the checkin sheet.
The girl mention the car park and I replied I would use it Thursday night but was unsure for the rest of the stay and I asked if I could pay cash she said yes just come back tomorrow
And let us know what you would like to do.
The first night while sitting on the balcony water started to drip
down from the balcony above. It absolutely stunk I rang reception to complain about the smell and it was all over the balcony it smelt like urine the girl apologised and said she would send someone to clean it up in the morning it was late and we said that's fine

We went out for the day till about 4 we were getting ready and the dripping and smell started again from the above balcony I again rang reception to be told again they will send someone to clean it the reception rang back and asked us if we would Like to move we were just about to walk out the door to attend a party I said look we are fine and just leaving if someone could please just come and clean it up like we were told the day before she said yes it would be cleaned up so off we went.

We returned back to the apartments around2.30am only to be not able to get in we rang the no on the door and the night manger came about 10min later we couldn't get up in the lifts so we asked what was going on he said he need a $10 in print from my credit card for the car park I'm just like what Iv payed 600 dollars and you have locked us out for $10 dollars so I took cash out and gave it to him he said no it has to be on your credit card I had maxed my credit card out during the day shopping but had plenty of cash and eftpos card they would not except it , this back and forth went on two night managers came over and said the same thing up to our room we went because we asked again about the urine coming over the balcony still these two guys in the apartment going on about a $10 in print on my credit card in the end they were very very rude and told me all they could do if we wanted to stay the next two nights I had payed for was to give them $300 cash
Like what is going on here two women in a room with these two men making very hard for us to stay it went from $10 dollars on card to $300 cash.

It's now 3am so I said I will go down and move my car into the street then will you two please go away and leave us alone they said yes I went into the hallway to go downstairs to move it mind you I had a few drinks to here my girlfriend start yelling I ran back and they were telling her that her name wasn't on the check in sheet she had to leave or they will call the police I walked back in and couldn't believe what I was hearing these two guys using stand over tactics I was disgusted I told my girlfriend we are leaving they are giving us really no choice we got our thing together and they escorted us in the lift we got out they went down to ground level we were starting to get really upset because we had no were to go and these two guys didn't have a hesitation at giving us no option but to leave at 3am in the morning two women

I went back to give them the keys and one of them said we will be giving you a full refund ok ,I just looked at him and gave him the keys and left when we drove out of the carpark they were both there watching us leave
All I could do was drive around the corner and park my car and we had to sit there for a couple hours because we both had a couple drinks

Theses two so called men left us with not option at 3.30am in the morning but to leave over a $10 inprint on my credit card which they already had the details because that's how I payed for the apartment a month earlier
I'm 53 years old and my girlfriend is 63
I wonder how these two so called men would feel if this happened to there sisters or there mother put out into the street for no reason what so ever

Thanks for a great birthday memory

It was an absolutely disgrace this is Australia how dare this company and those two men put two women in a position like we were with total disregard for our safety over $10

short stay Southbank one you should be ashamed

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Melbourne04, Manager at Melbourne Short Stay Apartments at SouthbankOne, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

Dear A TripAdvsor Member,

Thank-you for your feedback during your recent stay at our Southbank One property and we would like to sincerely apologise that your stay did not meet your expectations or the high standard we pride ourselves on.

I would just like to explain further on the points you have made in your review.

As standard procedure before check-in a credit card pre-authorisation is required as security which acts very similar to a rental bond. This forms part of the terms and conditions of stay at Melbourne Short Stay Apartments as it with most properties across Melbourne. We try to be as transparent as possible in relation to our conditions of stay and ensure it is listed on our participating online travel agents, which includes the one you booked with. Unfortunately this requirement was unable to be met despite our repeated attempts and assurances that you or your friend would attend reception for it to occur, as a result your building access was removed and you were later asked to vacate the property. This measure is in place for the safety and security of other guests and residents within the building communities we occupy which is of the utmost importance to us. As a gesture of goodwill a refund was provided for the nights you did not stay.

With regards to the smell you referred to, there was a condensation leak from the above apartments a/c unit that dripped onto the balcony of the apartment you occupied. Upon your report of this our maintenance team checked to ascertain the reason and then later our Duty Manager offered you a room move which was declined. This leak has been brought to the attention of the necessary party to have rectified as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and if accepted would have moved you to another apartment as this issue was out of our control.

Melbourne Short Stay Apartments provides car-parking if required at an additional cost of $23.50 per night, with a weekly discounted rate available dependant on how long you stay with us. We find our rates to be very competitive for Melbourne and the Southbank area.

Thank-you once again for your feedback, we will learn from any shortfalls that have occurred and would like to recommend you thoroughly check the terms and conditions of stay for any future accommodation requirements.

Kind regards,

Marcus M- Area Operations Manager-Southbank

Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

We stayed recently January 3rd to 10th 2018

Two adults and our daughter, we arrived at 7.30pm, no one was there, although on phone call previously it was stated that there was someone there to 9pm. The main door opens to a phone with which we rang to advise we had arrived, within a few minutes we were greeted by Maddison, not sure of her title, but nevertheless she was quite pleasant..... she took us up to our apartment for inspection (2 bedroom 1 bathroom). Our apartment was 1905 (19th floor) Now these apartments are obviously privately owned so I believe that you may get differing experiences with the apartment you may get.

The apartment was large enough with two bedrooms both with double mirrored sliding robes. The main bedroom also featured a 32” Sharp LCD TV, both bedrooms had their own air conditioner, beds also had table lamps on both sides. The beds were extremely comfortable.

The whole apartment has a prestigious glass floor to ceiling window outlook. There are privacy and blockout blinds in the bedrooms.

The bathroom was clean and tidy featuring an above standard size shower with decent water pressure. Standard toilet and vanity with a large mirror. Also in the bathroom was a washing machine and dryer.

The kitchen was well equipped, but was not something we utilised.

There was a 6 seat dining table and a two/three seat sofa and two seperate bucket chairs for the main 42” television. The apartment also and its own wifi internet router with which we seemed to excellent speed and signal strength.

So all in all sounds quite good, however:

The carpet was of a cream colour (why ?) and was extremely stained and dirty looking, so much so that my daughter refused to not wear footwear or socks whilst walking on it. The walls also had quite a few marks on them adding to the effect of how clean is this place feeling.

The washer and dryer looked as if they were around 7 years old, there was a quite a stale smell in the bathroom, and the washer had be left quarter full of stagnated water.

The kitchen fridge was quite large approx 200L was hidden behind kitchen cabinets the cabinet door should of been attached to the fridge door so that it opens as one, but had been broken off/apart...... so I left the cabinet door open for ease of access. There was some sort of stained food spillage on the floor of the fridge cabinet that looked that it had been there for a extended period of time.

The sofa in particular but also the bucket chairs also looked quite stained and unclean, again my daughter refused to sit on and would only sit on the vinyl covered dining room chair.

Windows were also quite dirty inside and out.

There was also a tiny balcony, served no purpose and wondered why it was even there.

Not sure on my thought on this one, but the apartment door needed to be key locked, not self locking. So good if you had young children as they can’t just walk out the door, but a major hazard if there was a fire or evacuation.

We visited the heated pool (9th floor) however it was extremely hot in there with no ventilation and was filled with young children. Although we would of liked to go for a swim our thoughts were that of if we indulged we not be feeling to good the next day :(

There was also a concierge stationed during the day, but is only there for permanent residents and did not seem interested in anything to do with short term guests.

When checking out we were told to leave our keys at the concierge although there was no one there....... then we got charged $165 for key replacement because they couldn’t find the keys we left where we were told to !

So again different apartments may be better kept but the truth to the matter is there is so many accomodation places in the vicinity and with hind site discovering that the Crown complex is literally around the corner 200m at best and would have cost the same sort of $$$ and is a amazing mini city in itself. I would not ever be returning to the Melbourne short Stay appartments at South Bank ONE.

I now understand why we are a hotel family and not a apartment family..... it is so when we see photos of a room that is what we get, clean tidy and with the room serviced daily (if required). Room service and or restraunt options, a 24hr reception/concierge, staff that are only too willinging to be of service and assistance.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Melbourne04, Manager at Melbourne Short Stay Apartments at SouthbankOne, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

Dear Greg K,
Thank you for providing your very detailed feedback following your stay with us at Southbank One. We really value any feedback we receive as it allows us to create and implement strategies and procedures to ensure you have an outstanding experience with us.

I would like to apologise that the cleanliness of your apartment did not meet your expectations not did the other dynamic of a self-contained apartment set up. We appreciate your feedback about the stains to the carpet and tub chairs, we are in the process of addressing these after a very busy period of heavy occupancy. It is disappointing to read about the washer/dryer and fridge issues. I have passed this onto our housekeeping contractor to ensure no repeat occurrence.
With regards to the charge for the keys. this has been rectified, but again would like to apologise for this inconvenience.
Greg K, I appreciate that you consider yourself a hotel family, rather than an apartment family. Apartment style accommodation does offer the flexibility of accommodating an entire family in one apartment. offers full kitchen and laundry facilities, offers space and comfort that hotel rooms cannot, all at a very competitive price point. We also have multiple other apartment locations in the area, which may be better suited for your family’s needs next time around.
I am pleased to read that Maddison was helpful with your check-in process and that you found the apartments to be spacious and well equipped.