Picture This Ballooning - Melbourne and Yarra Valley
More attraction details
Owner description: Fly in a hot air balloon over the city of Melbourne or the beautiful Yarra Valley. Experience the wonders of the oldest form of human flight, moving majestically through the skies as the world awakens below you. Picture This Ballooning have been flying hot air balloons in Australia and overseas since 1996, delighting all our passengers, and also operating branded & 'special shape' balloons for a number of companies.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We got a balloon flight over Melbourne as a gift. It included a champagne breakfast. At first I was just looking forward t the breakfast because it would have meant that we have made it. I am afraid of heights so that was why I was hesitant. But please if you are afraid of heights don't let it hold you back. the ride is so gentle that it is a bit surreal. Furthermore, the views are absolutely stunning. The sensation which my wife and I got was unexpected. Flying over the city at over 3,000 feet give you an unique perspective because you can look all around and although the buildings look tiny you see how vast the city of Melbourne really is. It made us feel small and we now look at the skyline differently than we did before. Furthermore, the flights you take are during sunrise and seeing the golden colors streak over the landscape and illuminating the city which looked grey before is almost an emotional experience. There was not a lot of wind so we had to go really high. The views were amazing and we had a lot of time to enjoy them since we were not going fast. We were one hour up in the sky and traveled 6 kilometers. Although I held onto the middle of the basket in the beginning I was looking over the edge in the end. I said to my wife that although I loved it I wouldn't go again, but even before our soft landing I changed my mind and will definitely do it again. Next time hopefully with a bit more wind so we could fly a bit further. Our Pilot Andy was very friendly and interactive and very experienced. oh yeah, the breakfast was good too :)
If you can do it. Do it!!!!

TeamPTB, Manager at Picture This Ballooning - Melbourne and Yarra Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Wow - thank you so much for this incredibly detailed review!! We're so thrilled that despite your fear of heights, you enjoyed your experience with Andy & our Melbourne flight team. Many customers who are scared of heights are surprised at how calm and gentle the flight actually is; as there's no motors or propellors, we often hear that it's more like floating than flying!
It sounds like you flew on a really calm day, only travelling 6 kilometres! As the flight direction and speed is controlled by the wind conditions, the flight path varies each day so if you do decide to come flying with us again you're almost guaranteed to get a totally different flight! We'd love to have you join us again in the future.

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"birthday present"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed April 3, 2018

This was an awesome experience! Andrew was an expert pilot - very knowledgeable and Ryan made the morning fun. Breathtaking views over our wonderful city and 5 star champagne breakfast capped off an excellent adventure!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks so much for your review, Andrew & Ryan will be so pleased to hear that they helped make your morning over Melbourne with us enjoyable!
Kind regards, Team PTB

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

I had the most amazing experience flying over Daylesford. Simon (the pilot) was friendly & knowledgeable! They even put on the most amazing weather for us! If you want to go hot air ballooning 'Picture this' is the company to go with

Thanks so much for your review, we're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with Simon over Daylesford! We appreciate your recommendation and would be glad to welcome you on another flight in the future - maybe over Melbourne or the Yarra Valley next time??

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing balloon ride over the City today. A truly unique experience that I would highly recommend. Well organised event with the pilot and crew ensuring you everyone was involved, if they wanted to be. The team were fantastic, being polite and very informative. The staff in the office were prompt, efficient and polite with their communication. A great service where they can pick you up from your hotel.
Well done to Picture This Ballooning and a big thank you to Andrew and Peter.

Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review for us - we're so pleased that you enjoyed your experience with our Melbourne flight team. Our staff pride themselves on providing top notch customer service, so it's great to hear that you found communications prompt & polite and felt that the experience was well organised. We'll pass on your kind words to Andrew & Peter who always love to hear that their hard work is appreciated.