1,717 results
All reviews yarra river great location lobby bar a river view room across the bridge exhibition centre tram stop south wharf business hotel valet parking business trip short walk concierge staff pillow menu bit dated free tram spencer street
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Checked it at 10.30pm, so pretty tired. I was told a glitch in the system caused a hiccup with checkin process. Had to wait a long time for this to get sorted, but wasn’t given any info nor apology. Style of reception staff quite sterile and impersonal. Asked about breakfast but no answer given.
Hallway feels very mass production with massive escalators and little style.
Room very nice, but view terrible. Good size bathroom. Mini bar very limited.

Trip type: Travelled on business
DavidM24835, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear ellenm878,

Thank you for your review and I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay. Thank you for your feedback in regards to your check in experience, I have passed this on to our Front Desk team for review.
It is with comments such as yours that we can continue to evaluate and improve our procedures to make sure we do not leave the same impressions with future guests. We do hope to be able to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Melbourne in future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked Crowne Plaza after booking a disastrous air bnb. It was quick to book and we had a wide choice of rooms. We were upgraded which was even better. We had such a beautiful view of the Yarra river and the Crown complex. The room was clean and comfortable. The buffet breakfast was also very nice. The location is perfect - easy access to Crown and the lovely restaurants in the Docklands. I would stay again.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view - you won't regret it
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Holly N,

Thank you for your review! I am so glad to hear that you have such a wonderful time with us after your bad experience elsewhere. It sounds like you were able to enjoy your time in Melbourne and we look forward to welcoming you back again in future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is in the process of being refurbished. And it needs it.

The room was small and the bathroom even smaller. The bed was fine.

The view of the river was fantastic but don’t stay here just for the view.

The service was patchy and the food bang average. The gym is a joke for a hotel this size.

So my rating is really about the location alone. I won’t be back.

1  Thank merlinarthur

Dear merlinarthur,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear our hotel was not to your liking. Our guest rooms have recently had a full refurbishment to reveal a band new product with premium bathrooms, you will be pleased to know that the remaining areas of the hotel will undergo a refurbishment in 2019. We do hope you will visit us again in future and experience all the we have to offer.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The new renovations are great but they have still not touched the worst part of the hotel, the breakfast. I was extremely disappointed to see that the terrible breakfast offering had not changed, in fact I think has got worse.

The range, quality and flow of the buffet stands out for all of wrong reasons.

In the rooms the restaurant is advertised ‘wake up to the smell of the pancakes’ but I didn’t see any pancakes at all and I certainly wasn’t offered any menu.

Hotel breakfasts are a ripoff at the best of times but $25 for a bowl of nutrigrain and toast is a joke

Dear rob4121,

Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear you were disappointed in your breakfast experience with us. We have recently been getting some wonderful feedback regarding the breakfast offering and also the service with in our restaurant so I apologize that we missed the mark on this occasion,. I have passed on the feedback to our Food & Beverage Manager along with our Head Chef for further investigation and to ensure other guests are not left with the same impression.

Reviewed November 3, 2018

Good Location. Terrible communication. Credit card is not safe. Staff needs improvement!
This hotel has the best location ever and that's all. I spent 3 nights there and that was my terrible mistake and worst experience ever. This hotel likes to charge the guests without their permission.
- Immediately charged me after i booked the rooms at "no deposit" rate.
- Charged me for the full mini bar I never used
- Charged me for the breakfast I never
had
- Never inform the guests about the charge at desk when they check out. Only charge when they leave.

I request a refund. They talked about the discount terms and conditions i have never been advised by the staffs. Credit card is charged like a magic at Crowne Plaza !!

Room tip: Choose Crowne plaza if you wanna pay for the service you never use
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jess T
DavidM24835, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2018

Dear Jess T,

Thank you for your review and please accept my apologies that you felt you had a disappointing stay on this occasion. I understand that there seems to be communication breakdown with regards to the charges on your account. I believe that you are in discussions about with our reservations team and they are in the process of sorting these out with you.
Our Executive Assistant Manager is also aware of the concerns you have raised with the explanation of the terms and conditions on the discounted breakfast options you chose and is addressing with the team to make sure that the information is clear.
We thank you for your feedback and we do hope that we will be able to welcome you back again in future.

Kind regards