2,420 results
All reviews the club lounge alluvial restaurant ambassador member market lane collins street junior suite beautiful hotel natural light rain shower star hotel high tea an upgrade valet parking buffet breakfast crown casino southern cross station tram stop
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Stayed at the Intercontinental Rialto last week and overall a pleasant stay. Was particularly impressed that my room was available for early check in as requested. That never happens- "we'll see what we can do but never guarentee" is the usual stock answer. Was there in time for breakfast whihc was excellent- large selection of healthy and not so healthy options.

However, why do hotels insist on charging for wifi??!! I was there on business so this feels like a tax on business folk and the ultimate slap in the face is the $30 per day price tag for a sub-standard slow service for ibahn. If you are going to have wifi hotels should run it themselves instead of farming it out to companies like ibahn that dont care about hotel customers and have not moved with the times
When will hotels stop being so greedy??

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank D W
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Dear D W,
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay, I was most pleased to read that you enjoyed the luxury of an early check in and made the most of breakfast in Alluvial Restaurant.
Thank you also for the feedback regarding our internet provider iBahn, I will certainly be discussing your concerns with them.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

My partner and I had the pleasure of staying at The InterContinental Rialto on Saturday 10th March. This was our first visit and we were highly impressed. We booked the “Escape to Melbourne” package through Wotif.com.au which included overnight accommodation in a deluxe room, full buffet breakfast for two in Alluvial Restaurant, valet parking and a late checkout of 2pm.

From the moment we set foot in the hotel entrance the staff we very courteous and accommodating. We were greeted with a friendly smile and no request seemed too much.

The buffet breakfast was delicious (we both went back for seconds!) and catered for even the most fussy eaters.

The location is fantastic, just a short stroll to Crown where we enjoyed an unforgettable seafood feast at The Atlantic.

The friendly staff and impeccable service are just two of the many reasons why we would not hesitate to stay in this hotel again in the future.

1  Thank kewata

Dear kewata,
Thank you for your very kind feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It made me particularly happy to read that you found the hotel team to be so engaging, I will certainly share your lovely comments with them.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Our stay o/night in this Hotel was disappointing to say the least!! The buffet breakfast was not of a good standard - most food trays were empty and when staff were alerted to this fact, the response was offhand and food was replaced slowly and of poor quality. A better and cheaper breakfast could be found at any of the cafes around the city. The dining area was cold and draughty.
Room service was appalling. It was a struggle to get teabags delivered to our room. When finally our request was dealt with, we were stunned to find ONE teabag was delivered. We were left with the impression that teabags were rationed....one to a room of two people was quite disgraceful. When phoning reception for the third time, we were finally delivered 3 teabags. This is not conducive to good service! I would suggest management stay at the Langham Hotel for a night to learn what good service is all about.

3  Thank Robbie W

Dear Robbie W,
Thank you for taking the time to share with me your feedback. I was so disheartened to read that your visit was less than perfect.
I would love the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again to show you the service that we strive to deliver to all of our guests.
Should you have the chance to return to the hotel please contact me directly so that I may assist with your booking, I will message you my email address and I invite you to please contact me.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

Pros:

Nice room, comfortable bed, and high quality vision on the in house movies (so often it is poor quality).

Breakfast is as good as other reviews say.

Cons:

Pre-authorisation on my credit card still not reversed nearly a week later - and the amount (for a one night, pre-paid stay) implied I would drink the entire mini-bar as well as watch about 5 movies.

No tea bags - what is it with tea bags and room service / housekeeping in this hotel, as I've seen another review complaining about it.

Noise. What a disaster. We were on level one, and on the opposite side of the atrium is the Market Lane Bar - otherwise known as the "keep the poor sods who were given a level 1 room awake until 1am bar". If you get given a level 1 (or possibly 2 or 3) room opposite this bar refuse it - or at least if they can't move you, record the fact that you're concerned about sleep, so you've got a chance of getting a refund.

Room Tip: Make sure you're on a high floor, or not opposite the market lane bar.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Dear FairButHarsh,
Thank you for taking the time to share with me your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
Firstly I would like to apologise that your stay was any less than perfect. We aim for nothing less than a wonderful experience for all of our guests and I must apologise that on this instance it was any less than this.
We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again and provide you with a flawless experience, I would like to invite you to please contact me directly should you have the chance to return to the hotel and I would like to look after you personally. I will message you my email address.
I do hope to have a chance to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

When I checked in to the Intercontinental at the last minute for the second two nights of my three night business trip to Melbourne I was in desperate need of comfort having had a nightmare experience at a neighbouring establishment where I'd tried three rooms before throwing in the towel! My colleagues had recommended this hotel as the perfect antidote and it was everything they had promised. I loved the historic feel of the place and the stylish mood lighting. My room was one of the smaller ones overlooking the restaurant, but was perfectly appointed with all those additional extra touches that the intercontinental group do so well. The bed was super comfortable and having experienced the bathrooms from hell across the road I was delighted to find myself in a haven of comfort once more.
I took breakfast in the restaurant and opted for the continental offering as there was so much choice. Service was prompt and efficient and the ambiance very pleasant. The only thing that took a bit of getting used to was that it was impossible to tell what the weather was doing as both my room and the restaurant had no outward aspect, but Sky News weather came to the rescue.
I would definitely book in here again - not only is the location ideal, but the style of the property encapsulates my idea of Melbourne perfectly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Dear PerthSquirrel,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with me your wonderful and insightful review. It made me so happy to read that we were able to come to the rescue and help you during your recent trip to Melbourne.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.