2,420 results
All reviews the club lounge alluvial restaurant ambassador member market lane collins street junior suite beautiful hotel natural light rain shower star hotel high tea an upgrade valet parking buffet breakfast crown casino southern cross station tram stop
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I treated myself and my partner to a few nights in the Rialto in a Club room as I was celebrating my 40th birthday. The hotel itself is a stunning building with loads of character, the rooms are a good size with decent specification and the club lounge very welcoming.
My only suggestion for improvement would have been if the hotel had realised it was my birthday and perhaps sent a card to the room. I did give many clues such as filling in my DOB at check in, being a priority club member and having a few dozen birthday cards on display in the room. A small point maybe but sometimes these things make a big difference.

Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Chris H
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Dear Chris-HK72,
Thank you for your kind review and may I wish you a very happy birthday! Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not realise this was your birthday trip, despite all the clues that you gave.
Please allow me to make up for this oversight and please contact me directly to make a booking in the future. I will ensure that a belated bottle of champagne is placed in your room.
I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel again, ideally for another special occasion so that we may help you to truly celebrate.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

When you stay in hotels a lot it comes down to three things: the location, the facility and the staff. The first two are great here and the building is genuinely beautiful. Super swimming pool, central location and so on. If there is a problem its the staff and management. This hotel does not have the people it deserves. I had a series of small problems which took a LOT of energy sapping effort and persistence to resolve each time. Nevertheless, it a stunning property.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Well_travelled_Dad

Dear Well_travelled_Dad,
Thank you for taking the time to share with me your feedback. I was saddened to read that your experience was not perfect, which I can assure you is not what we strive to deliver.
We intend to deliver a consistently seamless service experience to our guests and keep any problems and distractions from you. Therefore we are very focused on engaging with our guests and encouraging them to engage with us.
I am so sorry that we did not deliver on this service promise and I would love to meet with you when you return to ensure that not only our location and facilities are as wonderful as expected, but our colleagues too.
I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel at another time so that you may have a more seamless experience.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

My favorite hotel in Australia!
I travel interstate almost every two weeks and the team at the Rialto are amazing. Considering the size of the hotel they still treat you as a name, not a room number. The rooms are superior and the service is to match...
All they need now is an upgraded hotel lobby bar and they would be in world class.

Your just a stones throw away from all of melbournes amazing nightlife..

I highly recommend you stay there!!!

Room Tip: 328 is unreal, however don't expect a view, this hotel is in an old building where the top end rooms are on the lower floors..
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MsABSOLUTVODKA
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Dear MsABSOLUTVODKA,
Thank you very much for your kind review, I would be interested to hear your thoughts about Market Lane Bar, and I would like to invite you to provide me with more information should you wish to do so. I will message you my email address and I hope to hear from you.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I have read a number of the reviews on the hotel and agree with some comments made but all in all we had a great experience at the Intercontinental. I found the staff friendly and helpful, the concierge desk was able to point us in the right direction for dining and shopping with a map provided. The check in was prompt and easy and our luggage was brought to our room quickly. We also liked the remote control blinds, the history of the building and the way it had been converted to accommodate the hotel. Our only gripe - we agreed that the main restaurant was chilly - too chilly for evening dining (thank goodness for Merchant tucked away just off reception). We also felt breakfast was expensive compared to other hotels even for a continental option but the food was nice. I also agree that some aspects of the breakfast buffet needed replenishing with more enthusiasm and more promptly but this didn't detract from our overall stay and it is certainly a great place to use Priority Privilege vouchers. The room and bed were comfy and having a normal shower instead of the over the bath affairs that you see in many Crowne Plaza's was a bonus (would have just preferred the setting wasn't on the dumper option instead of the wall option as I got caught out with that). All in all, I would stay here again and who really needs a room with a view when most of the time you are just there to sleep - appreciate the history of the place and take time to look at some of the old photos and plans. We also took advantage of the business centre which had free internet access and can sometimes be better than bothering with wifi.

Room Tip: Higher up is better
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NZTraveller20

Dear NZTraveller20,
Thank you for taking the time to share with me your thorough review and thank you for your feedback regarding the air conditioning in Alluvial Restaurant, I will certainly share this with the engineering team.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I stay at the Intercontinental Melbourne on a regular basis during business trips.I find the quality of service very good,including the fact that the hotel`s systems and staff evidence the capacity to recognise regular customers.The quality of all amenities is good as is the quality of food acroos the hotel`s various facilities,including room service.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark M
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Dear Mark M,
Thank you for taking the time to share with me your wonderful review and I am so glad that we have delivered you consistently great service during your stays with us.
The entire hotel team looks forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.