2,420 results
All reviews the club lounge alluvial restaurant ambassador member market lane collins street junior suite beautiful hotel natural light rain shower star hotel high tea an upgrade valet parking buffet breakfast crown casino southern cross station tram stop
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed here recently on a work trip for one night.
After flying from interstate I checked in in the early evening and was allocated a room on the first floor in a room next the the Rialto towers.

Initially I couldn't work out how to shut the night blinds but found a dial next to the bed but nowhere near the blinds.
Maybe an instruction card in the folio would help with the room gadgets.

But to get on to the important part.....there was constant noise from the escalator servicing the Rialto towers. It went on all night long and sounded like a train going down the tracks. After an absolutely terrible night of disturbed sleep the cleaners at the Rialto were outside the room with a blower-vac at 6.00am!

As I was there for business I couldn't stay in bed and try to catch up on rest so had a very grumpy day indeed. What would have been the point anyway, that escalator goes 24/7.

Upon check-out I made a complaint to the staff member at reception who duly noted my comments and guess what....same complaint from the guest in the room next to mine.

I've heard nothing from back from managment so I guess they aren't too concerned about the complaints made.

I travel interstate on business quite a bit and get to choose the hotel for myself and colleagues. Most of the 5* hotels tick the boxes for service, breakfast and so on so I'm always looking for a point of difference and in this case it was the noise and the lack of response from managment following the complaint.

Suffice to say the Intercontenintal the Rialto is off the list both for myself and those with whom I work.

Room Tip: Not on the Rialto Towers side of the building.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank JustAnotherDayIn
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Dear perthdweller,
Thank you for sharing with me your review, I was however saddened to read that you did not experience the seamless and enriching experience that we strive to provide all of our guests and may I please extend my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the loss of sleep that you experienced during your stay.
I would also like to apologise to you that your complaint seems to not have reached me. We operate a guest communications log and I personally take great pride in replying to each and every comment as I do to all Trip Advisor reviews also.
I sincerely think that we can resolve this issue and I would be very grateful if you would be kind enough to contact me via email, I will message you my contact details via Trip Advisor messaging.
I hope to have a chance to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed for three nights (24-26 March) at the Rialto hotel and have nothing but praise. The staff are excellent, each one we met treated us in a professional yet friendly manner, nothing was too much trouble. We forgot to put the "please service our room" tag on the door one day and rang reception to see if it would be possible to still have it serviced even though it was long after the cleaning time. It was attended to within the hour which we really appreciated. We are Ambassador members (which I suggest everyone joins, it is well worth it) and were upgraded to a King Premium Club room. It was fantastic. Very clean, had everything you could want. The shower was great, lovely water pressure. The bed was very comfortable and the goose down pillows were wonderful. The club room was great. Lovely cooked breakfast in the morning, afternoon tea with cakes and scones, and evening drinks with chef tasting plates and cheese and biscuits, excellent. The staff in the club room were fantastic, very welcoming and accomodating. The hotel itself looks terrific, it is in a very convenient location being within walking distance of virtually every where and there is a chocolate shop and cupcake store right next door! What's not to like! It was with great regret that we had to go home, could have easily stayed another week. Thankyou to the management and staff of the Rialto hotel, we shall definately be back.

Room Tip: Our room, 321, was excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Devoent
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Dear Devoent,
Thank you very much for sharing with me your kind review. I was so pleased to read about your wonderful stay and it made me so happy to see that you were able to make the most of our fantastic Club InterContinental lounge and also Haigh's Chocolates and The Cupcake Bakery!
Please also be assured that I will pass your kind praise on to the hotel team too.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Where to start? Was it the middle of the night vacuuming by staff in the rooms around me or the fact the staff on reception didn't care? Was it my lost luggage which I had to call down for 3 times to have brought up and eventually went and retrieved myself? Was it the massive wait for service in an empty restaurant or the sight of a waitress talking I her friend in the corner while I sat unwatered and unwed. Maybe it was the gross breach of RSA to the family next to me as the waitress served the children glasses of champagne. This is one of the most stunning hotels you will ever see, the central covered section is simply beautiful. The wine bar is well stocked, the other bar is rarely open during the week, the wine sampling including grange is tops and the valet was efficient even if actually getting to drop off at the front is a nightmare. This hotel is let down by its reception staff, it's cleaners and it's wait staff. As a corporate client with options I now stay at the Hyatt instead, same price better service. It's the wrong end of town for me but until the Rialto gets the details right I refuse to be woken at midnight again ( it happened on 4 nights on 3 different trips) and the restaurant is slower than a glacier. A beautiful building, pretty uniforms and a great wine cellar doesn't make you five star, your staff do. A very disappointing experience repeated until I now stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: One away from the bloody mid night cleaning crew, the suites to the right of the entry and avoid on nights when football teams are staying, the noise from the bar travels and echos up the middle space and visiting pommmy footballers and Indian cricketers can be noisy when drunk.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Alan E

Dear Alan E,
Thank you for taking the time to share with me your view on InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto. I must clearly say that I was extremely disheartened to read your comments.
May I suggest that we discuss your stay point by point and you can talk me through your experience? I would welcome you to please contact me to discuss this, I will send you my details via Trip Advisor messaging.
I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Not my first stay, not my last one....
From the checkin to the check out (unfortunately), we have been impressed by the level of service. Check in was flawless and very professional.... Lucky on that day, we have been upgraded to a larger room for two days. Room was large enough to play hide and seek.

Bed very comfy, large enough for two personns even sleeping in diagonal.
Good idea for the lovers: the tab in the bath tub is on the side.

If you have to work, internet access is compatible with IPass. It makes everyhting much easier.

Gym is ok, and I like the view from the swimming pool. (keep in mind, we are in Melbourne, not Singapore).

The building has been restored with taste and attention to details. It looks stunning!

We will be back for sure

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank axelgfrsyd
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Dear agregoire,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with me your lovely review. I was so happy to read that you had such a great experience during your recent stay and that you were impressed by the level of service that you received from the hotel team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel on six occasions now and have been left very satisfied with this property each and every time. Such consistency is indeed a rare commidity in most Australian properties.

Firstly the public areas of the hotel are architecturally stunning. The rooms themselves are also beautifully appointed with all the modern amenities one expects from a 5 star hotel and more. I particularly like the generous walk in showers over those crappy half sized bath tubs found in comparable properties (eg IC Sydney). The beds are also very comfortable and coupled with the light-blocking curtains results in a great sleep each and every time.

I recently treated myself to the club lounge for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. Whilst there are no views I found the quality of food and beverage to be fantastic with breakfast offerings such as eggs to order, cooked mushrooms, tomatoes, sausages etc along with a high quality continental spread. Both the afternoon tea and dinner drinks were very good and really enjoyed the tasting platter. Service was also top notch- ultra professional staff that were eager to please yet laid back as well. I've never felt so comfortable and at home in a club lounge before.

Service at this hotel is top notch- any requests from "instant service" are always dealt with promptly and room service has always been timely and enjoyable too. Can't fault the place so far and hope it remains that way!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony A

Dear Tony A,
Thank you very much for sharing with me your wonderful review. Our Club InterContinental Lounge is indeed a very special and indulgent place and I am glad that you enjoyed it so much.
I was particularly happy to read your glowing comments regarding the hotel team and the high level of service you have received, I will be sure to pass this feedback on to them.
We are very motivated to keep a strong focus on on our service culture and colleague engagement within the hotel and I can assure you that we will continue to work very hard on this and I believe that you will continue to notice improvements.
The entire hotel looks forward to welcoming you back again soon.