“Wedding Night at IC” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 156 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Wedding Night at IC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

It was our weeding night my wife and myself were impressed from the moment we step inside the room , Courtyard Suite. The suit was offered to us with a very reasonable price By Kishor , Guest Relation Manager. Possibly because of the special event of our life. Followed by a very warm welcome the room was very well presented. The rooms facility were fantastic and certainly made our stay very special. We have enjoyed the SPA and the room service Breakfast in the morning.
The Hotel architecture still carries the history and at the same time very modern as well. In a word friendly staff and special care have made our time very memorable. A very special thanks to Kishor for his suggestion to experience the Courtyard Suite. It was money worth spending and we plan to have experience once again...............

1 Thank Mohammad Ariful I
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Mohammad Ariful I,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share with me your kind review and may I also say congratulations on your wedding, we feel honoured to have been part of such a very special occasion.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again, perhaps on your anniversary, if not sooner.
Joerg T. Boeckeler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ocean Grove, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Let me start by saying that I stayed with my brother, who is a very regular client so we were upgraded to a corner suite whch was amazing, so this may have a lot to do with our enjoyment of the hotel.
But in saying that we were so well looked after. I loved the concierge, they helped us with any little thing my 7yo daughter and I needed, while my brother was at work. Suggesting a great restaurant for our dinner and giving us free chocolates from the shop next door.
The hotel is in a fantastic position within 5 minute walk from the train station. Trams and buses outside your door.
The pool, gym area is lovely. The room service was good. Breakfast beautiful.
A bit of confusion getting a remote that would work and also having the room made up but not a big deal.
We had a late afternoon check out which really helped with the relaxing.
The room was so big and they brought in a rollaway for my daughter no problems for us. We did only pay for the 2 double bed room but I have stayed in them before and they are nice too.
All up I loved this hotel and would definately stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank katwallington
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear katwallington,
Thank you for sharing with me your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay.
I was so happy to read that you, your daughter and your brother had such a delightful stay and that and on this occasion you felt that we delivered the service levels that we aim to continuously deliver.
I would also like to assure you that we strive to deliver enriching, authentic and genuine five star service to all of our guests, regardless of whether they are a regular client or a first time visitor!
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel again soon.
Down Under
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was the first time I had stayed at the hotel, though I have used the function centre there on a number of occasions. It was a great experience. I have become a bit jaded with some of my old favourites in Melbourne town, so it was nice to go somewhere new, even if it was for one short nights stay.

Rooms were well appointed and very comfortable. I love the way this hotel is laid out and the feel that it has. I found the staff very welcoming and helpful - though I really did not need much during our stay.

It is located in a great part of Melbourne CBD and pretty easy to get from here to wherever you need to go. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TravellinRooster
Dear TravellinRooster,
Thank you very much for sharing with me your wonderful feedback. I was so pleased to read that after holding various conferences or events within the hotel you were able to experience the hotel as a guest and make use of the various facilities.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon, hopefully for a longer stay this time!
Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed here recently on a work trip for one night.
After flying from interstate I checked in in the early evening and was allocated a room on the first floor in a room next the the Rialto towers.

Initially I couldn't work out how to shut the night blinds but found a dial next to the bed but nowhere near the blinds.
Maybe an instruction card in the folio would help with the room gadgets.

But to get on to the important part.....there was constant noise from the escalator servicing the Rialto towers. It went on all night long and sounded like a train going down the tracks. After an absolutely terrible night of disturbed sleep the cleaners at the Rialto were outside the room with a blower-vac at 6.00am!

As I was there for business I couldn't stay in bed and try to catch up on rest so had a very grumpy day indeed. What would have been the point anyway, that escalator goes 24/7.

Upon check-out I made a complaint to the staff member at reception who duly noted my comments and guess what....same complaint from the guest in the room next to mine.

I've heard nothing from back from managment so I guess they aren't too concerned about the complaints made.

I travel interstate on business quite a bit and get to choose the hotel for myself and colleagues. Most of the 5* hotels tick the boxes for service, breakfast and so on so I'm always looking for a point of difference and in this case it was the noise and the lack of response from managment following the complaint.

Suffice to say the Intercontenintal the Rialto is off the list both for myself and those with whom I work.

Room Tip: Not on the Rialto Towers side of the building.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank JustAnotherDayIn
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear perthdweller,
Thank you for sharing with me your review, I was however saddened to read that you did not experience the seamless and enriching experience that we strive to provide all of our guests and may I please extend my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the loss of sleep that you experienced during your stay.
I would also like to apologise to you that your complaint seems to not have reached me. We operate a guest communications log and I personally take great pride in replying to each and every comment as I do to all Trip Advisor reviews also.
I sincerely think that we can resolve this issue and I would be very grateful if you would be kind enough to contact me via email, I will message you my contact details via Trip Advisor messaging.
I hope to have a chance to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and I stayed for three nights (24-26 March) at the Rialto hotel and have nothing but praise. The staff are excellent, each one we met treated us in a professional yet friendly manner, nothing was too much trouble. We forgot to put the "please service our room" tag on the door one day and rang reception to see if it would be possible to still have it serviced even though it was long after the cleaning time. It was attended to within the hour which we really appreciated. We are Ambassador members (which I suggest everyone joins, it is well worth it) and were upgraded to a King Premium Club room. It was fantastic. Very clean, had everything you could want. The shower was great, lovely water pressure. The bed was very comfortable and the goose down pillows were wonderful. The club room was great. Lovely cooked breakfast in the morning, afternoon tea with cakes and scones, and evening drinks with chef tasting plates and cheese and biscuits, excellent. The staff in the club room were fantastic, very welcoming and accomodating. The hotel itself looks terrific, it is in a very convenient location being within walking distance of virtually every where and there is a chocolate shop and cupcake store right next door! What's not to like! It was with great regret that we had to go home, could have easily stayed another week. Thankyou to the management and staff of the Rialto hotel, we shall definately be back.

Room Tip: Our room, 321, was excellent.
1 Thank Devoent
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear Devoent,
Thank you very much for sharing with me your kind review. I was so pleased to read about your wonderful stay and it made me so happy to see that you were able to make the most of our fantastic Club InterContinental lounge and also Haigh's Chocolates and The Cupcake Bakery!
Please also be assured that I will pass your kind praise on to the hotel team too.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.
Sydney
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Where to start? Was it the middle of the night vacuuming by staff in the rooms around me or the fact the staff on reception didn't care? Was it my lost luggage which I had to call down for 3 times to have brought up and eventually went and retrieved myself? Was it the massive wait for service in an empty restaurant or the sight of a waitress talking I her friend in the corner while I sat unwatered and unwed. Maybe it was the gross breach of RSA to the family next to me as the waitress served the children glasses of champagne. This is one of the most stunning hotels you will ever see, the central covered section is simply beautiful. The wine bar is well stocked, the other bar is rarely open during the week, the wine sampling including grange is tops and the valet was efficient even if actually getting to drop off at the front is a nightmare. This hotel is let down by its reception staff, it's cleaners and it's wait staff. As a corporate client with options I now stay at the Hyatt instead, same price better service. It's the wrong end of town for me but until the Rialto gets the details right I refuse to be woken at midnight again ( it happened on 4 nights on 3 different trips) and the restaurant is slower than a glacier. A beautiful building, pretty uniforms and a great wine cellar doesn't make you five star, your staff do. A very disappointing experience repeated until I now stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: One away from the bloody mid night cleaning crew, the suites to the right of the entry and avoid on...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Alan E
Dear Alan E,
Thank you for taking the time to share with me your view on InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto. I must clearly say that I was extremely disheartened to read your comments.
May I suggest that we discuss your stay point by point and you can talk me through your experience? I would welcome you to please contact me to discuss this, I will send you my details via Trip Advisor messaging.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Not my first stay, not my last one....
From the checkin to the check out (unfortunately), we have been impressed by the level of service. Check in was flawless and very professional.... Lucky on that day, we have been upgraded to a larger room for two days. Room was large enough to play hide and seek.

Bed very comfy, large enough for two personns even sleeping in diagonal.
Good idea for the lovers: the tab in the bath tub is on the side.

If you have to work, internet access is compatible with IPass. It makes everyhting much easier.

Gym is ok, and I like the view from the swimming pool. (keep in mind, we are in Melbourne, not Singapore).

The building has been restored with taste and attention to details. It looks stunning!

We will be back for sure

1 Thank axelgfrsyd
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear agregoire,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with me your lovely review. I was so happy to read that you had such a great experience during your recent stay and that you were impressed by the level of service that you received from the hotel team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.