InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/06
US$159
US$103
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$156
Hotel Windsor
  • Restaurant
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Restaurant
Best Western Melbourne City(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$74
  • Restaurant
The Crossley Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/06
  • Fitness centre
US$259
US$162
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$143
  • Breakfast included
Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$99
getaroom.com
2,337 results
All reviewsthe club loungealluvial restaurantambassador membermarket lanecollins streetjunior suitebeautiful hotelnatural lightrain showerstar hotelheritage buildinghigh teaan upgradevalet parkingbuffet breakfastcrown casinosouthern cross station
Reviewed April 24, 2012

All in all another great stay in Melbourne. It's a fun place and the hotel is well located to Melbourne trams which can get you everywhere. Don't forget to see the Concierge for your tram tickets...easiest way. We also always take the Skybus from the airport and walk the 10 minutes to Collins Street but there is also a free shuttle from the Skybus terminal. Don't take a taxi from the airport..it will cost you over $60 and take twice as long!

Would recommend you become an Ambassador with IHG hotels just because you can get a room upgrade and free weekend night stay that pays for membership which is around $200 per year.

We got Room 321 in the Rialto building (much better than the other side of the hotel) and this room was huge. The ceilings must have been 15 feet high which really made the room feel light and airy and very large. Rm 321 is on Collins Street so you will hear noise (trams and a couple of drunks) but not a problem at all...the tram noise made us feel like we were in Melbourne. Another advantage of the room is that you have natural light.

Hotel is in a great location..10 minute walk to CBD and on 2 major tram routes so you can get anywhere with ease (ask the Concierge team for your tram tickets).

Another great stay at this beautiful historic hotel with great staff and great rooms.

Room Tip: try the Rialto building as it has rooms with higher ceilings and a chance of natural light.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Megt01
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Dear Megt01,
Thank you for taking the time to share with me your wonderful feedback. We indeed feel very lucky to be located in a heritage building which means we are able to make the most of the period features of the building, such as high ceilings and other ornate period features which were accentuated during our renovation.
The entire hotel team looks forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have travelled to this hotel before, but this is my first review for it.

It is definitely a business travellers hotel
- Rooms are smart, but on the small side
- Staff are competent and mention your name
- The Sleep quality is very good
- The bathroom is on the small side, but has everything you need, including a rain shower
- The breakfast is great (get this included in your room) but is on the expensive side
- Best of all is the design of the hotel, you have to see it to believe
One thing of note:
The local suburb had a power outage for some work/maintenance. The hotel called me before hand to discuss options.
Although the outage did not affect me, they did everything to accommodate during that time. Great Service!!.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Bjr-au

Dear Bjr-au,
Thank you for sharing with me your review, I am very glad to read that you have enjoyed your past stays with us. I would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding the power outage. This was a very difficult time for the hotel team and I was extremely pleased to read that the outage did not affect you, and that you felt it was well managed by the hotel team.
I hope to have a chance to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

My wife and I spent our first wedding anniversary here after finding a great deal with Wotif.com - package included Full Buffet Breakfast, Valet Par Parking and a late 2pm check out. Prior to arrival, I emailed the Concierge for Flowers to be in our room prior to arrival - A huge thank you to Jacob who arranged this. The wife was very impressed!!

Upon arrival at 2pm, things were a little hectic (as everyone else arrived at the same time) but the front desk staff handled it very efficiently and smoothly. Having found out it was our first wedding anniversary, the hotel then delivered a complimentary gift (with card) to our room. This was very much appreciated.

Overall, my wife and I were extremely impressed with the I/C Melb. Room was very clean and presentable, room service food was prompt and delicious, customer service was of high quality.

Thank you to the I/C Melb for a great one night stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Craig H
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Dear Craig H,
Thank you very much for your kind review, and may I take this opportunity to wish you and your wife a very happy first wedding anniversary!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Such a beautiful way to enjoy beautiful Melbourne. The building itself is something else, however service, amenities, facilities and food to match such grandeur. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay in a deluxe twin, plenty of space for two friends enjoying a weekend away. Very very very difficult to leave their beds. So soft. 5 stars!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank nochlo

Dear nochlo,
Thank you for taking the time to share with me your review. I was so happy to ready that you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay so much.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

This hotel is amazing! The staff is very friendly and helpful. We was happy with the qualitiy of our room and of course the food and the service was perfect! The architecture of the hotel is also very interesting. We had wonderful four days in the beautifil hotel!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandra200670

Dear Sandra200670,
Thank you for sharing with me your lovely review. It made me so happy to read that you had such a wonderful stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.