2,443 results
All reviews the club lounge alluvial restaurant ambassador member market lane collins street junior suite beautiful hotel natural light star hotel high tea an upgrade valet parking buffet breakfast crown casino southern cross station tram stop atrium
Reviewed May 11, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here only one nite on business. Checked in quite late around 10 at the evening. Smooth check in.

Got upgraded to Suite 602. Very big room with a small patio outside, a living room and a bed room. A pity I only stayed one nite and did not get to enjoy the room. Drawback was i got to walk out to the balcony, down the stairs with my lugguge and through two doors before i got to my room.

Comfortable bed and generous toiletries. Heated towel racks. Big shower. Big bathtub with build in jacuzzi. However, the water was so yellow I did not dare to take a bath. Water else where was ok....aircon not strong and i felt the room a bit stuffy. Though not very disturbing, i could hear the traffic noises outside.

I like the breakfast as i am a juice person and they have a powerful slow juicer which you can make your own juice. Fresh!

We had a conference at the hotel. Venue was good but the air ventilation can be improved. A bit stuffy just like the hotel room.

Overall meeting my expectation.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2016

would stay here again we had a club room the bed was so comfortable huge room and pillow service the room had a large bathroom and computer desk service was very good it was close to everything 5 min walk to southbank you can catch the trams around

Room tip: club room was very large it was a little as our room was on collins street
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2016

Over the years I have stayed in ten IHG hotels including three Intercontinental Hotels in Asia and now this one in Melbourne subject of this review. Clearly I like IHG's brand of hospitality but I was disappointed with the Intercontinental (Rialto) in Melbourne.

Taking over an existing hotel and re-branding it can work but I am of the opinion IHG made a mistake taking over the Le Meridien and making it an Intercontinental. It does not fit the Intercontinental image and is not as good as other Intercontinental hotels I have stayed in.

It is a fine old building but the dark lobby is not welcoming and I echo earlier reviewers comments in regard to lack of natural light and feeling claustrophic. My wife and I stayed five nights and had a room on the 8th floor which did have natural light, but no view. The room itself was small and poorly designed - could only watch TV siting at an angle (see photo),

It is not all bad news though. In other regards The Rialto is up to Intercontinental standards with excellent levels of cleanliness, service and maintenance. Duty Manager Micky Gong and Millar in the hotel restaurant would be a credit to any hotel anywhere in the world.

Room tip: Pay extra and get a room on the 8th or 9th floors
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2016

This hotel is very convenient as it is situated in the middle of Collins Street and near to the trams. The heritage building was beautiful from the outside, but the lack of view in the room which looked over into the inner atrium made the room extremely dark and claustrophic even though the receptionist who was very sweet had upgraded us to club class. The bed was not particularly comfortable, being one of those beds that move when the other person moves. It was too soft and the pillows were even softer providing no support for head. The curtains were falling of their hooks so a lot of light was coming into the room. The furnishings in general are very tired. On the second night I managed to remedy this by getting the technician to fix the curtains. I asked for a harder pillow and was told by the concierge that he was 95 percent sure that they did nt have a harder pillow. However, he didn't volunteer to make sure he was correct. So I asked later in the evening again. This time no problem and the pillow was delivered in no time. The blanket had a dirty stain on it like dried milk. Breakfast was very ordinary. I asked for poached eggs. They arrived cold on a tiny piece of toast. The Cappuccino was weak and slightly sour, which surprised me as Melbourne is renowned for its coffee! All in all I found the staff very pleasant, but this is not a five star hotel.

2  Thank MadelineParis
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2016

Dear MadelineParis,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased to know that our location was convenient for your needs and regarded our beds to be comfortable. I am however disappointed to read that issues regarding the size of your room and pillows not to your liking. As a valued guest, please be assured that all feedback will be acted upon as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back and ensuring a positive stay experience on your future visit.

Dianne L
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed May 2, 2016

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at the Intercontinental. A very friendly welcome from concierge and reception staff and as IHG Dining Rewards members were upgraded to a large king room down the quieter end of the hotel. Not long after checkin a knock on the door revealed one of the concierge team with a voucher for two glasses of champagne to celebrate our anniversary. Our room was large, comfortable and clean and came with free wifi and fox channels. After enjoying our complimentary champers we dined in the in-house restaurant. Service was again excellent as was the meal - recommend the crispy salmon - and prices are what are to be expected in a top end hotel. Used the very simple express check out on the tv in the room. A very enjoyable stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple