2,423 results
All reviews the club lounge alluvial restaurant ambassador member market lane collins street junior suite beautiful hotel natural light rain shower star hotel high tea an upgrade valet parking buffet breakfast crown casino southern cross station tram stop
Reviewed April 2, 2018

The hotel is located within the Melbourne CBD and within a close walk from the Southern Cross Station. You can practically go to most places within the CBD free of charge by hopping on to the free trams close to the hotel. The architecture of the building is quite stunning and the rooms are quite practical. The buffet breakfast was also excellent. Just that the room and bathroom were a bit dusty and you can see dust accumulating in the bathroom door. As a 5-star hotel, hope housekeeping can clean the room more thoroughly.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelwellhk
InterContinentalMlb, Concierge at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear travelwellhk,

Thank you so much for sharing the kind review from your recent stay with us in Melbourne. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our the location of our hotel, the beautiful architecture and the enjoyable breakfast. I am sorry I will be following up regarding you the cleaning of your room.

I hope that we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

As I type I am still at the hotel having spent Easter 2018 here with my husband. We are in a deluxe room which nice and cozy. King bed which is really, really comfortable and where I had two nights of great sleep. For the chocolate lovers the Haigh store is right next door, my hubby loved that the Brooks Bros store was next door also. Located a short stroll from crown casino and the river. The hotel is very unique and I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The restaurant is fine dining and ohhh so good. I recommend when booking you also have breakfast included which was scrumptious..fro a chef cooking omelettes to another making pancakes ...the selection would satisfy many.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

When we first arrived at this hotel,we were given room 127 directly over the outdoor seating for a restaurant. We checked in on Friday night and it was loud. I called downstairs and our room was immediately changed to one on the fourth floor. We were very pleased with this room. We stayed for 4 nights and had breakfast included in our rate. We enjoyed the buffet each morning.
Upon leaving for the day, the doorman always offered directions or an umbrella lol. The concierge was helpful with restaurant reservations and printing our boarding passes.
We found this hotel to be well located with shops,sights and restaurants to be in easy walking distance. We”d definitely return.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
InterContinentalMlb, Concierge at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for sharing the kind review from your recent stay with us in Melbourne. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service and breakfast you received throughout your stay and the comfortable room we were able to offer you.

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

I would like to dedicate this review to the porters and doormen Bastien, Abraham and Etiene. Always smiling, always greeting and so friendly. Also to the concierge Andrew, who gave great friendly advice. These guys are a credit to your establishment and I cannot praise them highly enough.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for sharing the kind review from your recent stay with us in Melbourne. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service Andrew, Abram and Bastien provided during your stay. I will ensure they are well recognised.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Being a platinum member, had called in a request a room on the higher floor and yet on check in they messed up. When you opened the elevators to the 9th floor, there was a stench that hit you which used to fade away towards the evening. Not sure if it came from cleaning the carpets. My room keys didn't work either...used to lock me out. The most ridiculous thing was to charge 3% for using Amex at the restaurant ( breakfast).. was 1.5% for visa. The service was good and the location was prime. Staff was helpful.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Hi Karjanmed,

Thank you for being honest in writing a review about your stay with us. We are happy to know that you liked our location and we certainly appreciate your nice feedback on our service level. On the other hand, we are sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused by our elevators and your room key. We also regret the issues you with the restaurant. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback has been forwarded to the management team for reference.

Joel A