All reviews great location iga supermarket one bedroom apartment public transport short stay a great place to stay central location would stay again chinatown amenities convenience eateries roomy tram
Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

Stepped into the room and everything look ok. However, few mins later decided to on the aircon and realised aircon not working. Went down to the reception and the reply we got was "You can take a fan if you wan" and "What you want me to do".. thats very rude and irresponsible.. so ended up we have to sleep with the window open!!! More to come after I look around.. curtains was dirty and with small flies.. kettle dirty with rusty coil.. cup dirty too and during shower.. you can hear the water running like thunder.. Never.. never.. stay there again!!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2018

Checked in and bed was broken. Moved to a new room and there was no dryer and towels missing. Kitchenette was covered in cooking fume grease smudge and cobwebs everywhere. Cupboard veneer was broken in places and build up of dirt in kitchen and bathroom. There was snot dangling from the elevator ceiling. Very run down. But on the upside when I looked out of the window there was excellent views of a mobile phone antenna on the building roof which caused weak wifi signals but excellent phone reception. There was a semi constant banging going coming from the roof or ceiling space when the air con was on which I reported but nothing was resolved. Staff seemed ambivalent as to my concern.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

We have previously stayed in Quest before so expected the same standard but somehow not for Quest Lonsdale.

1. Requested early check in (if possible) 2 weeks out. We arrived but unfortunately couldn't accommodate early check in. This is understandable so we went out and came back at 3.30pm to check in. Room was still not available so had to wait for another hour to enter room.

2. Enter room and for some reason they had a great big portable air conditioner in the room which we couldn't work out why it was there and venting hot air into the room.

3. The rangehood exhaust is very greasly and doesn't look like it is regularly cleaned.

4. Mould around the bathroom shower base.

5. Bath shower gel doesn't get replaced daily.

6. Ceiling air con vents in the bedrooms and vents above the bathroom were dusty and needed cleaning.

7. Requested for different payment type card at checkout to avoid the surcharge but 4 days into the stay they put the full charge on the check in credit card which we gave to pay only for the security bond of $150.00.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2018

We were extremely happy with the position and price of Quest on Lonsdale and we loved the balcony which is rare in the city. Easy access to shopping, theatres and eateries with transport to major attractions at your door step.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

I came 3 hours before check in time since my airport arrival is early. I asked if they can accommodate early check in as i have travelled 10hrs flight and would like to rest but i was declined and just asked to wait for the right time. Understandable since because i was told that the room was not yet available so i just went out to eat and explore the surrounding area. Came back on check in time and I handed my credit card for security deposit but denied since i dont have a PIN for it (i dont have it setup since it is not required in my country of origin) good thing i have my cousin there who offered her aussie credit card instead. Arrived in the room to be welcomed with a mess and used towels! I furiously went down to the reception to complain. I was informed that i was given an incorrect room and my room was already prepared beforehand since it was an advanced booking by our t4avel agency! Really annoyed because they made me wait for 3hrs and given with incorrect. I was really tired of my long travel and didnt argue more about it. I stayed for 2 weeks and i can tell that the room is not being cleaned up regularly (they just collect the trash). Toiletries are not also regularly replenished. Good thing it is in the expense of my employer but if given a chance, i would request for a different and better service apartment.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business