2,622 results
All reviews queen spa suite locanda restaurant exhibition street her majesty's theatre rooftop pool buffet breakfast close to china town late checkout an upgrade comfy bed bourke street car parking location is excellent central location cbd mcg checkin
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

Got a great rate on Expedia and treated the kids to a surprise night in the city after exploring for the day. Check in was super fast and staff lovely. The room was adequate. Not too large with the sofa bed pulled out but good for us. The window was huge so it was great sitting there looking at the city. King bed was was super comfortable. Sofa bed was not. The toilet I think is a bit too close to the bathroom door but what can you do in a small bathroom. Some of the fittings etc are a little worn and need updating. Overall a great stay. Oh the lifts are super fast too.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Ryan C, Rooms Division Manager at Rydges Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Dear bmam,

Thank you for your great review! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you were comfortable. While Expedia may have had a great rate, be sure to sign up to our free membership and we will beat that deal by 10% (every time). We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm regards.

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

After reading all the reviews strewn throughout trip advisor and booking.com. I was a little concerned on what we would get. We booked here for convenience to Her Majesty’s theatre and the rate was really good. It is in excellent position for theatre literally across the road. It’s not as busy as areas like Swanston St or Flinders St but still close to everything. On entry it’s very modern and elegant. You can sit relax on the comfy chairs near the gas fire in the foyer. Locanda Bar is really nice to grab a drink. We didn’t eat here though so can’t comment on food.
There’s a lot of bad room reviews but to be honest we enjoyed our stay. Yes the hotel walkways to rooms are little dated, but for our room - Queen Spa Suite was clean, really roomy, bed was so comfy, spa bath clean and great to soak in, the air cons as some noted was a little noisy at times but we found it ok. Couple of buttons are cracked but we worked it out fine. Service was excellent on arriving and departing. Could leave bags locked away til our late flight left. Our experience was really good. And the rate was excellent. Close to great cafes like ‘Pellegrini, Bomba and Bodegna’ restaurants, walking distance to Bourke street mall 5-10 min walk and 3-5mins up to Spring St for free city Tram. There’s also a Starbucks right there.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ryan C, Rooms Division Manager at Rydges Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Thank you for your great review lovescoffee77. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that your concerns where put to rest with a comfortable nights sleep. I am pleased to hear you took full advantage of our central location and Rydges Melbourne looks forward to welcoming you for another stay in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I stayed here on a Friday night just for a quick get away in the CBD.
We booked an executive room - firstly, it was nothing like it appeared in the photos. Secondly, if you don’t really need a sleep then ask for room 502.
Garbage trucks constantly from 2am through until the morning. This room is situated right above an alley and I don’t believe the windows were double glazed.
I’ve stayed here in the past and not had a problem from memory, which is why I chose it again. However from this experience I would think twice. I would have called down to reception in the middle of the night, but given we were with our 4 year old it was a little challenging.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Ryan C, Rooms Division Manager at Rydges Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Dear needaholiday77,

Thank you for your time to review your recent stay at Rydges Melbourne. I am very sorry to hear about your recent experience and cannot imagine how hard it must have been to try and call reception with a four year old in the room. Being a hotel situated in a busy CBD that never sleeps, I am sorry to hear this particular evening the rubbish men were extremely noisy. Given your past experiences aside from your latest, I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

Modern decor in foyer, welcoming fire and music.
Rooms clean and could be updated.
Bedding clean and comfy
Good location to trams, China town, easy walking distance to mall, footy oval etc
Restaurant onsite

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you moopmoops for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our great location to enjoy the sights and sounds of Melbourne City. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 20, 2018

the room was very poor for a 4.5star hotel. Heater did not work and when I opened it to check the controls, the dust was so thick you could not read the settings etc. The bedside tables had not been dusted in so long. Did not like the shower over the bath. Wardrobe was very old for this type of hotel. There were 2 satchets of coffee, 2 teas, 4 sugars and 2 other tea bags that only few guests would uses. Very disappointing for this supposedly 4.5 star room hotel

Room tip: you get better rooms and services from a basic 3.5 star room
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank mintyelizabeth

Dear Mintyelizabeth,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Rydges Melbourne. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. I do hope we will have an opportunity in the future to welcome you back to prove to you we can get it right.

Kind regards,