1,144 results
All reviews south yarra chapel street rubber duck spa bath one bedroom suite deep bath toorak road accor member room service star hotel cafes and restaurants modern hotel an upgrade dining table valet parking would highly recommend this hotel shower head
Reviewed March 19, 2018

This stay did not get off to a good start after waiting almost 50 minutes for the room to be ready after checking in, however once sorted, this hotel was great for conferences. The conference spaces were ample and Wi-Fi was good. The dinner service was smooth and the food tasty. The suites were spacious and the bed super comfortable, whilst the deep bath in a well appointed bathroom was a bonus. Good location, great valet parking and a fuss free checkout.

Room tip: Ask for one that is ready at check in to avoid the long lobby wait.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
VianneBirr, General Manager at The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

Dear Catherine J A
Thank you for your detailed review of your stay. I'm so sorry regarding your wait time - we do try and accommodate early check in requests depending upon our occupancy. I am however pleased that the balance of your stay and conference went smooth.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 18, 2018

The rooms here are spacious, the beds are massive and the bathrooms incredibly well appointed. There are so many nice touches to make your stay special. The conference facilities were modern, well lit and spacious. The brasserie served a delicious a-la-carte breakfast! Super impressive. Their coffees with breakfast were the equal of any local cafe

Room tip: rooms on the east side have good park views
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear teeay65,
Thank you so much for your amazing review of The Como Melbourne MGallery by Sofitel. I am delighted you had such a memorable stay. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a gold suite on my most recent business trip to Melbourne. I love staying at the Como and upon entering the 2 story suite I was greeted by the grand piano and spiral staircase up to the very comfortable king size bed and freestanding bath. The major let-down was the fact it took 5 minutes to get any hot water and another 5 minutes to get wet owing to the water pressure in the shower which was at best a trickle. A 5 star hotel and suite requires a good shower and unfortunately it did not live up to the rest of the experience.

Date of stay: March 2018
VianneBirr, General Manager at The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2018

Dear Adam W
Thank you for your review and your feedback. I'm sorry the upgrade caused some disappointment. This is most unusual and I will have our maintenance team check the shower in this room.
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us,

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

The room was large, bath was nice, room service pretty good and hotel staff very good. Unfortunately the hotel felt dated and generally a little poorly maintained. Location was central for South Yarra, not great for the cbd.

Found a good deal on TripAdvisor. Not a bad choice of you can secure a solid discount.

Overall a nice stay but Ye Old Como is due for a refresh.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
VianneBirr, General Manager at The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

Dear NathanFromSyd,
Thank you very much for your stay review. I'm pleased overall you had a nice stay. We will most certainly take into account your comments for future enhancements.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

First I have to thank Samantha and Grace who were exceptional at check in. If you have staff like these two you should always get positive reviews unless something goes horribly wrong.

I struggled with this review and if I had written it straight away it might have been different but since I have had some time to cool down I think I can now be objective.

Check in was brilliant. Samantha and Grace were unbelievably accommodating even though they were completely full (Australian Open). I have a reputation for being particularly fussy and changing rooms so Grace showed me 5 or 6 rooms to ensure I was happy. They even made me feel better by saying I'm not the worst they've had.
Top notch customer service (for a difficult customer!).

We enjoyed our stay but it was after check out that things went wrong. I should have known there would be a problem as there was considerable confusion regarding the mini bar. But we discussed it and I claimed and paid for the mini bar purchases we had during our stay. About 6 hours after checkout I was notified by my credit card company that an additional charge had been put through by the hotel. Let me make this clear...... The hotel put an INCORRECT charge through on my credit card without any notification of any kind. If I had not been notified by my credit card company this would have gone unnoticed.

I called the hotel straight away and (not very nicely) told them to reverse the charge. I asked how they could do this without authorisation and they said they had the right to. I explained that I paid for the mini bar charges at checkout. I had a lengthy discussion about it with check out staff. And then you go and put additional charges through?

It is very clear that the Como needs to have better processes, training or staff for mini bar reconciliation/charges. It is not OK to put through charges without authorisation or notification......

I wanted to give it 5 stars.... but I can't.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Canadian_KR
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at The Como Melbourne. I very much appreciate your comments and praise relating to your check in and service provided by Samantha and Grace.
I am deeply sorry the overall stay experience has been marred by the late addition of unconsumed mini bar items. Clearly we have not been detailed in our communication from your departure. I am currently reviewing options with the team for a better process.
I appreciate your feedback and again I apologize for the after departure impression this has created.