All reviews southern cross station spencer st crown casino airport bus sky bus one night stay free tram zone etihad stadium light sleeper short stay handy location bed was comfortable inner city would stay again central melbourne public transport skybus
Reviewed February 20, 2018

Stayed here as we were going to a show in the city
The hotel is in a great spot to stay if wanting to visit places around Melbourne is close to trains, trams,shops
The room was very compact
Had a great sleep as very quite

Room Tip: Courtyards room are very quite - but are on the smaller size
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2018

Given a small room on the sixth floor, rooms looked like a prison block!
TV poorly positioned, remote control failed twice in two days
No bedside lights
Breakfast ok but not much choice
Wi fi cost 3 dollars per day which is ridiculous these days

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

I visit Melbourne often for business but this was the first time I tried this place. If Fawlty Towers were an Australian hotel, this would be pretty much how it would be!

Start with the old, rude and grumpy elderly gentleman who is in charge of the check in. Despite the entire night's stay having been paid in advance via Expedia / Hotels.com, the chappie demands that I put down my "full residential address" on his paper form. When I write down my business address, he got very suspicious about who I was!!
Then he asked for my driver's licence and attempted to write down my details upon which I warned him against unauthorised access of personal and identifiable data esp given the booking was pre-paid via an aggregator

Then he has the gall to ask me for a $50 deposit which was not mentioned at all in the reservation confirmation. When I pointed this out, he attempted to bluff and bluster his way out by saying it's "standard Australian practice" implying that I was an overseas tourist! When I pointed out that I have been an Australian for 25 years and more importantly, had stayed in Melbourne even last week and had never heard of a "deposit", he became agitated and refused to check me in until I game him the "deposit"

Anyway given it was mid-night, I tapped my credit card for authorization and he started noting down card number and other details in some small obscure notepad paper with clearly no data protection process in sight!

And then the room..........tiny room, tiny bathroom, a 24 hr flourescent light outside to ensure you can't sleep and a 1980s AC unit (not ducted AC or even a modern split AC unit but a 1980s home AC unit) that makes an infernal noise!!

Luckily was there for only one night and that was enough:-)

Basil Fawlty and Fawlty Towers, the Aussie Reality version :-)

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank sriraman
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

Great location to everything in Melbourne! Short walk from Southern cross station, close to all public transport. Room was small, not exactly clean, light was on all night right outside the room so wasn't dark at all! Annoying one inch step into the tiny bath room was a trip hazard every time I entered. No free wifi, was pay by the hour set up.
Bonus was the really comfortable pillows, bed was really firm though.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank R0bynMc
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

Just stayed 1 night. Was easy to get to from Southern Cross Station and then Sky Bus to airport the next day. Rooms nothing flash but clean and great for a night. Staff friendly and helpful. Walk to cite and Southbank safe & easy.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo