5,986 results
All reviews great location heritage room flinders street old world charm deluxe room rooms are small south bank central location train station valet parking public transport would stay again buffet breakfast yarra river short stay mini bar crown casino
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I would recommend staying at this hotel to anybody. It's very central and the rooms are great. We stayed in a King One Bedroom Suite and the ceilings in those rooms are something else! Absolutely loved it and would be happy to stay again!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sunny_Lou101, Guest Relations Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Thank you for comments during your recent stay at the Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne. We really appreciate the time you’ve taken to post this. We are pleased to read you have you enjoyed your stay, and taking advantage of our central location. It was indeed a pleasure having you with us!

Hope to see you soon!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
Regards

Reviewed April 3, 2018

We stayed for a night when we went to Melbourne for a musical. Wonderful central position near the corner of Flinders and Elizabeth Streets. There is a laneway nearby with lots of small eateries. There is also a Vietnamese Pho cafe.
We self parked our car, $25-, valet parking is $45-.
Reception staff were pleasant and helpful. Beds and linen excellent. Coffee pod machine in room. We had a standard room. Plenty big enough, but if you were large it would be a squeeze

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Sunny_Lou101, Guest Relations Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Dear Anna T,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We always appreciated the time guests take to provide us with some feedback on their stay.

We are delighted to read you have enjoyed our hospitality. Here at Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne we constantly striving for excellence in customer service Our central location is one of the many popular features of the hotel, enabling all guests to access everything Melbourne has to offer so easily.

Please feel free to contact me at slou@rendezvoushotels.com and it would be my pleasure to personally coordinate your room reservations.

Warmest Regards,
slou@rendezvoushotels.com

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at the Rendezvous quite a few times now mainly as it’s ideally located right opposite Flinders station and within walking distance to Melbourne’s restaurants, nightlife and shopping.

I’ve stayed in a range of rooms with the less expensive rooms being quite small and the more expensive being more spacious. We came down for the Easter long weekend and prepaid our accommodation when we booked online. We ended up staying in one of the smaller rooms this time but it was ridiculously cheap for a long weekend!

The room was small and clean and bathroom was refurbished so it ticked all the boxes for us. I will continue to stay at the Rendezvous hotel when I travel to Melbourne.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Sunny_Lou101, Guest Relations Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear Tania M

I am delighted to note that you have had wonderful stay with us! It was indeed a pleasure having with us and thank you for taking the time in writing these wonderful reviews and your kind comments have now been shared with all team members concerned.

We agree that some room layouts are smaller than others, and being 100 years old this year and heritage listed, we have a large variety of room configurations available and the team would be more than happy to assist you by allocating an alternative room if they were alerted of your preferences.

The team and I look forward to welcome you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly for your next stay and I will ensure you are well looked after.

I look forward hearing from you soon.

slou@rendezvoushotels.com

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Booked a nights stay here when already in Australia. When came to check in was asked fo a driving licence and credit card as proof of I'd before they would check us in. Did not have either as booking made on debit card and by non driver. Documentation provided to show these had not been asked for otherwise passport would have been taken. Receptionist unable to find request for I'd on our invoice! Was told that "the policy has recently changed" . My sister had to provide her photo I'd even though she wasn't even staying at the hotel. A phone call made to booking.com by receptionist to alter booking name into my sisters, ludicrous!!!! The next day when checking out booking still in original name. Apart from that palaver if checking in, bed comfy, bathroom compact. Didn't have breakfast so can't comment on food. Good location opposite Flinders Street station. Rating given for bed, not unhelpful receptionist.

Stayed: March 2018
Sunny_Lou101, Guest Relations Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Dear MerseysideClaire

Thank you for your comments after your recent stay at the Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne.

I was very troubled by your feedback and would like to offer my sincerest apologies for any frustration or disappointment you felt as a result of your stay. It is never acceptable when a guest feels our staff is anything less than helpful and accommodating.

As part of our guest registration process, a valid Photo ID is requested from all our guests upon check-in. Safety and Security of our guests is of utmost importance and we can assure you that all information provided to us is securely stored at all times.Please also note booking name must ID presented upon arrival.

Once again thank you for your comments and please be assured of our best efforts to continue to deserve your confidence in us. We look forward to welcome you back to Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne in the near future.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

I had to come to Melbourne for a work function and stayed here for the night. It was everything I needed - AC, comfortable bed and good location and it was also quite cheap so wasn't expecting too much.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear reidybloom

Thank you for your recent comment. We really appreciate the time you’ve taken to post this. We are delighted to read you have enjoyed your function and taking advantage of our central location.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne in the near future.