“Great location”

Ranked #52 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Alberta, Canada
“Great location”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This is a very basic hotel with minimal complimentary services but the staff was friendly and it was an ideal location for touring the city. If you're not expecting too much, this is a good base for sightseeing with plenty of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
TBSK3006, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you for your kind feedback and I am very glad you enjoyed your stay at Travelodge Southbank. I will be sure pass your compliments onto my team of whom I am very proud.

Doug Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. The service was efficient and friendly. My room was ready early do I was able to check in at 1 pm, which was great.
The room was clean, basic and served it's purpose as a comfortable landing pad while I explored melbourne.
My only complaint is that the room was in desperate need of dusting. Especially near the curtains. Every time I opened them, I sneezed! I would stay here again, but would probably hunt for a hotel room with a balcony so I could have some fresh air, and enjoy the sounds of melbourne more.

• Stayed February 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Southbank.

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. In relation to the point you have raised about the dusting. I have addressed your concerns with the relevant department to improve our overall guest experience.

I would like to thank you providing this feedback and if you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Brisbane
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Travelled to Melbourne for a weekend away. Have always wanted to stay in the Southbank area and the travelodge Southbank seemed just the place. I will admit that price certainly was a factor in choosing the hotel and the room was pretty much as I expected.
Pro's were the location and price
Con's on checking into the room we found the bedspread was covered in dry bloodstains, we asked reception to organise to have the bed spread changed, would have expected this to have been noticed by the cleaners......Also VERY noisy air conditioners, we were lucky it was not a hot weekend in Melbourne as I don't know how anyone could have used the air con and been able to sleep

2 Thank OziBrisbane
TBSK3006, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Southbank.

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. In relation to the points you have raised I have addressed your concerns with the relevant departments to improve our overall guest experience. I also am in the process of purchasing 175 new air con units. We did 100 last year.

Ballan
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I was really pleased with our room. The bed was comfortable (more than some expensive hotels I have stayed in).
The room has a microwave, kettle, fridge, cutlery and crockery.
We ordered from Soprano's and it was delivered right on time (fantastic meal too).
The location is great, we were going to a concert at The Sidney Myer Music Bowl and it was less than 10 mins walk.
Had a buffet breakfast in the morning, which was yummy and the cafe latte was really nice.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your positive feedback - It means a lot to the team here at Travelodge Southbank! I hope you enjoyed your concert as much as you enjoyed your stay with us. My self and the team look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Great location on south bank, access to crown casino is good. Great selection of restaurants close by.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
The hotel is in a fantastic location and whether in Melbourne for leisure or work it is walking distance to most of the cities fabulous attractions and only a short walk across the river into the CBD. I look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Southbank in the near future.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day as the first nights of our holiday. This is the best Travelodge I have ever stayed in - clean, nicer rooms than your usual UK Travelodge, friendly staff... Just what you need. It's a great location too, just off the Southbank and a quick walk over the bridge to Flinders Street station and Exhibition Square. If you are just looking for a base in Melbourne and don't want anything glamourous from your hotel then this does exactly that. 5 stars for what it is....

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Very comfortable room, and great location but it was the staff that really made all the difference on this visit. My friend became unwell, and the front desk staff called an ambulance, then rang the room to assure us that it was on the way, and ask if there was anything they could do to help while we waited. Later that day I received a phone call from the staff saying "I see that your friend went to hospital overnight - how is she & can we do anything to help?"

When I ended up needing to stay an extra night, it was no trouble, and every time I came in from the hospital, the front desk staff would ask after my friend. Getting sick at any time is not pleasant but it becomes significantly more stressful when you are away from home, and your normal resources and supports. Thanks to the Travelodge Southbank staff, I had a few less things to worry about at this time. I will definitely be going back, and would recommend them to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
TBSK3006, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank, responded to this review, 14 February 2012

I do hope your friend is feeling better and I look forward to welcoming you and your friend back to Travelodge Southbank in the near future.