28 Southgate Apartments Melbourne
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$157
CrownePlaza.com
US$86
US$82
  • Bar/Lounge
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$160
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$136
  • Room Service
US$77
US$72
  • Fitness centre
Pensione Hotel Melbourne - by 8Hotels(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$65
  • Restaurant
Mantra Southbank Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$135
Travelocity
US$295
US$236
US$234
US$187
  • Pool
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$108
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsbox of chocolatesbasic necessitieson a daily basisbedroom bathroom apartmentcoffee machineflinders street stationbrilliant locationyarra riversouthbanklaundryaccommodationcityfoyercerealgymroomy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We booked for 3 nights. Were very impressed by the welcome service of the owner and the beautiful room. We had travelled 12 hours by car to get here, me suffering with a fair bit of ongoing pain from an injury. The owner of the apartment was very helpful with our luggage as he saw my pain. Later that night as I lay on the bed, it completely collapsed from under me, all slats falling from the bed and their plastic clip ends all on the floor. On inspection from my partner, these plastic clips had been snapped off previously and never replaced so slats were never securely attached. It took nearly an hour to get in touch with someone to help. Next thing we know, the very drunk owner knocks on the door rambling and angry that we'd interrupted his fancy dinner. He threw the mattress off the bed and then blamed us for moving the bed when he in fact did it when he threw the mattress. He made no sense and didn't offer to fix it. When I asked him what i was supposed to sleep on with a bad back, he said "I don't know, nothing I can do about it now, call up in the morning" when asked if we could get a refund on the 2 nights remaining he told us no, if we leave, we get no refund. We came back the next day from a physio appointment to find new slat clips and a box of chocolates tied to the door. We had to fix the slats ourselves!!! Not good enough and would never go back!!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Aleasha R
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

I can understand the frustration with leaving a key to the apartment in the room. When me and my partner called the direct number they were very understanding with the situation and the security were kind to me and my partner. When the lady came to let us In to our apartment she was very rude to me and my partner. She continued to make rude comments. When she let us In to our apartment she stood at the door to show her proof that we had two sets of apartment keys. At the time I was feeling very uncomfortable and under pressure. During this she still managed to make rude comments. At the time I could only find one apartment key.She then threatened me with consequences. As she left the second apartment key was on the counter, I was very intimated and scared by her actions and wouldn't recommended your apartments to any of my friends. Long story short, she has well and truly ruined our stay. We all make mistakes and mine was leaving the key in my room. I cannot convey the disappointment I am feeling.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank holllyhbm
Reviewed 27 April 2017

It's my parent's first time to see Melbourne and it was a success thanks to the accomodation provided by 28 Southgate Apartments. Their check-in procedure is fantastic and flexible. The room is well maintained and the kitchen is packed with basic necessities like 3 different types of cereals, 3 types of milk, fresh orange juice in the fridge, fresh fruits, they have coffee machine with capsules too. They even prepared a whole jar of lollies, they are indeed very thoughtful and we felt well taken care of during our stay! The building itself is in a very good condition, they have gym that we use on a daily basis. Our apartment was facing Flinders Street and what a fabulous view it was.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank mgbmh
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Our apartment was everything I hoped it would be. Short walk to the city, the botanic gardens, the casino and the riverfront right beside. The hosts made us feel super welcome - right down to chocolates and wine. The manager was super helpful prior to arrival so it was a very easy trip by bus from the airport. The apartment was spacious and comfortable and clean and the building very quiet.

Fantastic way to impress the future mother-in-law with a trip to Melbourne.

Room Tip: Check out Groupon for a voucher and save some holiday dollars :)
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Fantastic place to base yourself for a trip to Melbourne. Apartment is really well appointed and beds are very comfortable. Short work to plenty of restaurants and cafes. 5 min walk to Flinders Street Station. Overall we loved our stay and we will definitely come back.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple