All reviews windows restaurant st kilda queens road accor member room upgrade buffet breakfast chapel street pool and gym bed was comfortable public transport enjoyable stay tram stop city concierge foyer checkin convenience
Reviewed October 28, 2018

I had done the online check-in the hotel offer when we arrived on Friday night. My husband went in while I waited in the car outside and he received 2 key cards for a room on the 8th floor. We parked the car, headed up to the 8th floor but the cards wouldn't open the door. I went down to reception, the receptionist apologised and gave me a new set of cards for the same room.
When we opened the door, we were very surprised to find someone's luggage in the room! We didn't walk in because we were quite shocked, but it was obvious the room was occupied. Imagine someone had been in the room, getting changed?!
We both went down to reception and spoke to the same receptionist (it all happened within 10min). She didn't really seem to recognise me and when I said that the room was occupied, she apologised again but we weren't given any explanation.
She gave us yet again a new set of keys, this time for a room on the 3rd floor, right next to the elevator. When we walked in, we were disappointed to see that the bed was a queen size, when I booked a Premium Room 1 King Bed (the king bed was the whole reason why I booked at his hotel). It was around 9pm by then and we both were very frustrated. I called reception from the room, she assured me it was a Premium Room 1 Kind Bed room, but I the bed was clearly not a King (and the room didn't give us a premium impression...). The receptionist send a concierge up approx. 15min later with a new set of keys for. a room on the 4th floor. We got to the room, which had 2 singles pushed together. At least the size was right, but the beds moved apart as soon as we got into bed.
I sent an email to the hotel on Friday night, with the same complaints as above, asking for a response by Sunday (our check-out date). It is Monday and I still haven't received an answer.

The window was broken, we weren't able to close it during the night. For the parking, it is $20/night but if you drive out during the day you could end up paying more as you have to take a new ticket every time.

We are very disappointed to have paid $208/night for this service, + parking and wouldn't recommend to stay there. We surely won't be back.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PullmanMercureAP, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2018

Good afternoon Sandrine1987,
Many thanks for your feedback, our apologies however for the issue in which you have raised.
I believe that our Front Office Manager has been in contact with you regarding these issues?
Please feel free to let me know if this is incorrect?

Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

Checked into this hotel as my husband had to spend an extra night at Alfred hospital. Upon check in, the room given was set up for 2 people even though booking was for 3, and room had no bath as advertised. Tried calling reception, after 10mins on hold went downstairs. Was given a second room, with a bath tub for my 3yr old. Room was very tired looking, in need of an update especially the bathroom. Again room only set up for 2, had to wait for housekeeping to set up extra bed and bring towels, housekeeping lady was a bit rude and was not happy to go get extra pillows, didn't even bother to ask for extra shampoo.
The shower head couldn't be adjusted so impossible to was my hair as it was so low. The king size bed was uncomfortable, could feel the springs in it and made noise with every movement. Woke with sore hips and back. The cupboard the mini fridge was in was water damaged and swollen. Lucky it was only my 3 yr old sleeping in the sofa bed, as anyone else wouldn't be able to sleep the matressm was that thin.
Upon check out, told reception of our experience, manager said she would check the room, but couldn't give part refund as room had already been paid for. Offered me her email address and said on my next visit to contact her and she would 'arrange something'. Sorry there won't be a next time. When my husband has further surgery will be staying else where. Not good enough, $170 for a small old tired room, not even breakfast included.
To top it off, when talking to manager about the state of room another staff member went to my mother in law and son and offered a kangaroo toy, but when my mother in law said we are local, she quickly grabbed the kangaroo back and said he can come get it if he wants it, referring to my son.
Obviously they any care for the 'pullman' guests paying double, and the Mercure side of hotel is just a dumping ground for old furniture from Pullman.
Will never return here many other choices happy to welcome guests.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Good morning Hristos M,
Thank you fro providing us with feedback, this is extremely concerning & something in which I take very seriously.
If possible to know the details of your stay (booking name/date/room number) that would appreciated so I may investigate with my teams & get back to you.
Kind regards,
david.blaxley@accor.com

Reviewed October 20, 2018

I was here on a conference with lunch provided. Food was abysmal and trying to get a cold beer was a job and a half. Bar not tended was very often closed. Room was fine, good view, but as a group of over 200 I would have expected a little more.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
PullmanMercureAP, F&B Manager at Mercure Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2018

Dear val4522,
Thank you for your feedback.
We consider it an invaluable tool in helping us to continually improve on the level of service and facilities that we provide.
I will have spoken to our Executive Chef and will ensure we look at the comments you have made in relation to the food you had on the day you conferenced with us.
I am personally disappointed that this element of your stay did not meet our typically high standards.
Please do let me know if I can be of assistance in any way when arranging your next stay.
Carl van de Water
Food & Beverage Manager
h8788-fb1@accor.com

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

A great mobility accessible venue that has friendly well trained staff. The sound from rooms next to our room became a problem and we could even make out the words spoken on their TV. Our room had two queen size beds which were made up with double bed sheets, leaving the bottom part of the mattress exposed after each room service. The bathroom is starting to show its age but all areas were clean.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
PullmanMercureAP, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Hello Tassiemouse,
We would like to thank you for recently staying & for highlighting to us a couple of items that would improve on what we offer to our guests.
I'll be discussing with our teams today ensuring that these changes are made.

Reviewed October 12, 2018

Mercure Melbourne Albert Park is co-located with Pullman Melbourne Albert Park, and is a convenient location on the edge of the CBD. Probably a little too far to walk into city, so be prepared to use taxi or ride-share if you don't have your own car. Alternatively there are plenty of trams that run along St Kilda Road nearby.

Concierge and Reception staff were attentive, efficient, and extremely willing to help.

The room was clean and comfortable. The shower water pressure was fantastic! Very luxurious.

Window opened to actually allow fresh air in - such a novelty in modern hotels.

The air-conditioning thermostat was a bit old and wonky, difficult to use, but luckily the temperature was moderate and comfortable even without the ability to control it individually.

I'd happily stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
PullmanMercureAP, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2018

Good morning BonoAussie,
Thank you for our 5* rating regarding your recent attendance at a conference, I'll be sure to share this with our teams as I know this will be a great boost for the start of another busy wee.
Kind regards,