6,537 results
All reviews melba restaurant chocolate fountain aria bar river room yarra river the club lounge beautiful hotel turn down service high tea south bank valet parking five star hotel buffet breakfast arts centre flinders street station old world charm crown casino
Reviewed October 25, 2017

A very special family occasion means a trip to my home town Melbourne, and a wonderful few days stay at The Langham. As a five star hotel, there are of course, certain expectations. Comfort, cleanliness and a professional and caring staff are some of these, but The Langham offers a little more. There is an overall feeling of friendliness about the place, from the porters, to the wait staff to the management, that is really quite disarming. Add the quality of the food and the service, even down to the china used in the bar, and I can't imagine staying elsewhere. So, if I'm in Melbourne, I'll be at The Langham. Maybe I'll see you there.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2017

You can't beat The Langham for location, quality of rooms and service. I love the place, as I do the Sydney Langham. Both great hotels that go the extra mile to make you feel at home. They are both hotels of choice in Sydney and Melbourne.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2017

Service was good and you could not ask for a better location as is within walking distance to Chinatown. Very convenient indeed. The only drawback is that the buffer breakfast offers almost identical spreads throughout our entire stay.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Langham Hospitality Group
jmclaughlingrm, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to offer us your feedback following your recent stay at The Langham Melbourne. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our location within the vibrant Southbank precinct, close to many Melbourne attractions including Melbourne's iconic Chinatown. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the breakfast selection which you found to be repetitive, I have passed your comments on to our Executive Chef and Melba Manager so they both may review. We look forward to you returning in the future.

Reviewed October 24, 2017

always a old world luxury feel in this hotel. perfect dinner in Melba. I do love their floor to ceiling window view of Melbourne City. if only we had more time to stay a second night it would have been heavenly.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
jmclaughlingrm, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to offer us your feedback following your recent stay at The Langham Melbourne. I am pleased to hear you appreciated our classic elegant décor found throughout the hotel and you enjoyed your dining experience in Melba, our signature restaurant with all that is on offer through our interactive kitchens. We look forward to you returning again in the future for another pleasant visit, hopefully next time you will be able to stay longer than 1 night.

Reviewed October 23, 2017

We have stayed at The Langham before and it continues to be excellent. Its a large city hotel but it still manages to be warm and cosy. The staff are lovely and the service is great. Chuan Spa is incredible for a massage then check into the room.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple