6,471 results
All reviews melba restaurant chocolate fountain aria bar yarra river the club lounge a river view room beautiful hotel turn down service high tea south bank corner room valet parking buffet breakfast five star hotel arts centre flinders street station old world charm
Reviewed February 21, 2018

Armed with tickets to see Chris Botti (Jazz Trumpeter) in concert at Hamer Hall - the question was where to stay in town. With The Langham a mere 5 minute walk away, it was a natural choice. And a good one at that.

Friendly check-in with an unexpected upgrade to a One Bedroom Suite (offering great City & Yarra River views). Coupled with the benefits of the Club Lounge, we were off to a great start.

The Concert (as expected) was a knock-out and then it was just a pleasant scroll back along the Yarra to a very comfortable King Bed (pillows were tops too).

Morning and The Club Lounge breakfast was excellent and provided speedy check-out.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

I've stayed here before and again it was everything that I like, especially that it's quiet!
Rooms are spacious and well appointed, location is excellent, good dining options nearby and their in-house buffet is excellent (I normally hate buffets but this one is very good). Highly recommend this hotel

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
jmclaughlingrm, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Langham Melbourne on Trip Advisor following your recent stay. We certainly appreciate your positive comments and the fact you have stayed with us previously. I am pleased to hear that you enjoy our location in Southgate within close proximity to the CBD and many Melbourne attractions. I am happy to hear that you appreciated your guestroom, found it spacious and well appointed. You can trust us to ensure any future visits will be just as seamless and memorable. For a truly personalised experience, with unique tailored offers with your favourite inclusions we recommend to book directly with our hotel. We are committed to creating stays that are tailor made to the occasion. We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back for another pleasant visit.

Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

Perfect location, beautiful inside. The foyer and the beautiful staircase and fountains have been the backdrop for so many family photos. If it’s luxury you want then this is the hotel for you. Bars, restaurants that locals love. Famous afternoon teas, piano music, cocktails...

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband booked into the Langham on the 18th which we were looking forward to it as we were our room was an executive room when I walked in it did not look like an executive room of picture that I seeing to be so I asked the bellboy what room is this and he said it was on the executive floor but a superior deluxe room which I thought was disgusting as we booked in an executive corner with a room the view was just building so I went down to reception and complaints so they did move me then to an executive room with a Riverview that seems to be so then we unpacked and got ready to relax and then my husband tried to put the TV on and it wouldn't work so then I ring again for maintenance to come up to the room and so they did and so the maintenance man said that the box has blown up in the TV straight at that time I've all the cheese and wine to come up to to celebrate a late Valentine so we couldn't enjoy because we had to move again so then we had enough and we went down to reception and I said what are you going to do about the awful night that we are having at your hotel and an abscess you wasn't very helpful no upgrade she hardly gave me $30 off my upgrade room place looks very tired run down and not a very good place have I got a very good deal on booking.com it seems that there didn't like that I dear and tried to put me in a lower classroom be aware in Ark what kind of room is it when you book

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
jmclaughlingrm, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent stay at The Langham, Melbourne. We are sorry that you experienced service issues on this occasion and were disappointed with your stay. Ongoing customer serviced training is a focus for all our colleagues to enable us to meet our guest needs accurately and efficiently, avoiding any disappointment. I understand you have been in further contact with our Front Office Management and a satisfactory resolution has been agreed upon Your comments have been shared with all relevant Department Managers to be reviewed.

Reviewed February 19, 2018

Xmas present of tickets to Dream Lover at Arts Centre, therefore we booked into this lovely hotel(first visit). Booked a Club room and received excellent service from all staff, as an enjoyable trip to the theatre. Short walk from hotel through Southbank to theatre, no parking worries and a beautiful breakfast before heading home. Will stay again!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple