“Not impressed...”
Review of Citiclub Hotel

Citiclub Hotel
Ranked #151 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Had a late arrival from Tullamarine and decided to stay in the city. Little did we realise it was built above a night club which did not shut down until about 3am. Check in staff did not advide about which level was the reception, so coming out of the elevator at the floor prior to where I was meant to go, turned out to be the middle of the night club.

Room was untidy, quilt was dirty, not vacuumed and much mold in the bathroom. Tiles were cracked and curtains had burnt edges.

Would definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel on the 1/03/2012. $99 wotif special. The hotel and service was fantastic from initial check in. Very friendly staff. had to check out very early was offered free breakfast but i declined but was offered a take away breakfast this included a small box of cornflakes, UHT milk, a Carmans Muesli bar and a bottle of orange juice. I was very happy.
The hotel is in need of a little TLC the lifts are dated and could use an upgrade.
The rooms, linen, towels were spotless and cleaning staff very very friendly. The rooms could use a little TLC as well (showing signs of wear and tear) a coat of paint would work wonders. It was quite good overall. i have absolutely no complaints. the location in my opinion is really good a short stroll to all attractions. I stayed on a Thursday night so i was unable to experience the noise of the nightclub. otherwise the room was silent and i would certainly book again.

Room Tip: Had room 715 NW corner. Was the furthest room away from the night club and main roads
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We stayed at the hotel for a night. What a disappointment. Absolutely no value for money - they charged high prices as the tennis was on and hotel space was at a premium.

The room is tiny. The carpet is dirty and the bed cover had food stains on it. The bathroom had cracked tiles and the water taps did not close easily. The lighting in the room is poor and there is a sliver of a window for natural light. The matress was worn out and collapsed towards the middel.

They have a nightclub downstairs - if you stay there over the weekend the sound permeates the whole place. The gym and suana is dirty - decided not to use either.

There are better places at more reasonable prices in Melbourne. We will not be going back at any price.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We had booked the Citiclub Hotel as last minute accomodation absolutely nothing was available for the Saturday night because i had left my booking so late. We paid $150 twin room breakfast included. After I had booked I realised about the night club downstairs on my reciept, Oh well at least we would have a room. On arrival there was a lot of commotion in the lobby, as I learned later on while i was waiting for hubby to park the car, there had been a break in by 3 Mauri men and a purse had been taken, (in the hotel staff words to each other) and they could be still in the building the police had been called but would be there in the next half hour. All this i overheard nothing was told to me personally I was very very unsettled. Finally hubby came back with the keys we went to our room finding it totally messed up and used. I felt sick by this and went back to the lobby, to get another room key. An apology accepted with a room upgrade and a bottle of champagne in 5 min delivered to our room. Unclear about the actuall room upgrade as it looked same same. But it was CLEAN and MADE UP! We got ready for our evening one after the other expecting the arrival of champagne to our door. It never came. The shower tap fell off as i turned it on, You didnt need to add any cold water the hot was medium warm. The furniture had been well worn too. However this room was very clean. We went back down to the lobby to organise a taxi and was told if we did it ourselves it would be quicker and also the champagne would be in our room on our arrival back to our room. My husband stood in the pouring rain and hailed us a taxi. This is so unproffesional from a Hotel of any standard. The next morning still no Champagne an extra car parking fee of $24 we had our breaky and got out of there! I emailed the hotel about our stay and they offered us a free room upgrade with a discounted price however we will never go back. There was no apology. The lack of proffesionalism, care and customer service was just appalling. BTW The noise from night club was fine no different to most noise heard in the city.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank mary b
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel on a Sunday night in November. Check-in was quick, room was clean. The nightclub downstairs was in operation but the room was on the 7th floor and I could only here the bass very very faintly. For $99 per night including breakfast I think this was a great deal. Only complaint was the hot water in shower - it's not that hot.

Room Tip: Higher floors on Fri / Sat / Sun nights when nightclub is open
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rose_J8711
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed last Friday night and was a bit worried when I read all the reviews about the club downstairs. After staying the night, I have to say I could understand why they have those concerns, however I knew and expected it so it wasnt much of a surprise.
I checked in around 12.30am when the club was opening and I had to go through the backway (near the carpark) so the guests of the club uses the front door with bouncers guarding it. This would be off-putting if you dont know the hotel shares with a club.
The foyer was small and more of a 2-3star hotel, but the room itself was actually pretty good (3.5 stars) with 4 star qualities like nice tiles, clean bathroom, comfortable bed, pretty big room, room service and mini bar.
Thankfully the noise wasnt too bad for me. I was on the 7th floor (top floor) and could hear some faint club noises after you turn off the TV. But honestly, it would only affect you if you are not a light sleeper.
The location was great, only 1 block from Bourke st mall, 1min walk to trams, and 5-10min walk to Flinders and Southern Cross station.
I paid $99 for the night and it came with buffet breakfast and late checkout.
I think it was incredible value.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, dont stay here on the weekend.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Nick M
Reviewed 11 September 2011

besides location.. dont stay! not helpful, rude, unwilling to help customers, would never come back!

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends