All reviews lygon st nova cinema melbourne uni national exhibition centre exhibition buildings great location restaurants cafes night's sleep street noise close proximity public transport one night stay comfortable bed full kitchen stay there again two bedroom apartment car parking
Reviewed March 9, 2018

My friend and I booked an apartment about 10 days in advance, we arrived to find out the room we booked had been given to someone else staying but they’re still expecting us to pay the amount for the room we wanted. about $70 difference. When I questioned how that happens, I was told they don’t know and it was a “technically difficulty”, I then asked to speak to the manager and was told “I can give you my managers number but they probably won’t answer”. They texted my friend the difference of the rooms was only $16, when clearly there’s a major difference in quality of the rooms and also what we were after. We came from over an hour away to be here for Labour Day weekend, we booked a room with a balcony for fresh air and some more space. Was told and recommended it was a good area to book in, we walked into a mediocre apartment and the complete opposite of what was booked. If you want to stay in a glorified shoebox with disorganised staff, would’ve to book a hostel. Not at all happy with what we received for the of money paid and the way the staff dealt with the situation.

Room Tip: Give people the right rooms and don’t try to scam young women out of money they’ve trusted you with.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

Modern studio apartment with full kitchen perfect for a business stay. Located seconds to wws, lygon st and Melbourne uni. Nice and friendly reception staff.

Nice Campose cafe right down stairs providing nice food and coffee with quite a reason price.

Reception located on level 1.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2018

A little bit of preparation will go a long way at this hotel. Be sure to call ahead if you're not checking in during business hours, so that they can arrange your arrival. Also, book car parking ahead of time if you need it. I didn't and so had to negotiate some tricky street parking restrictions.
Otherwise, it was completely fine and the staff were lovely.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
AlstonApartments, Guest Relations Manager at Alston Apartments Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2018

Dear Julia H,
Thank you for your lovely review. Our reception hours are from 8:30 Am to 7 Pm except for Sundays. However, if you are checking in after the reception hours, we still have 24/7 guest support provided by Nitel Hospitality Service. Car park as you mentioned, needs to be booked prior to arrival as it is subject to availability. I am glad that you found the staff helpful. Please do come back again and book directly to take advantages of our return guest incentives.
Kind Regards!

Reviewed December 20, 2017

Helpful staff, great location and parking have made these apartments our go-to accommodation choice for short Melb stays. Nova Cinema and a range of quality eating choices are very close, and with very reasonable pricing, makes this good value.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AlstonApartments, Guest Relations Manager at Alston Apartments Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2017

Dear lvfs3844,
Thank you for a lovely review. Carlton is indeed a very good location surrounded by amazing cafes and restaurant. I am glad that you found the accommodation comfortable. Please come back again and take advantage of our return guest incentives.

Reviewed December 20, 2017

The room was everything I needed. Clean, comfortable, functional. Secure. Wish the phone had worked..but wi fi was there..The Alston is in a good, but tucked away location. Definitely my "go to" residence when I visit Melbourne. Good location for what I needed.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the feedback. We are thrilled that the room catered to your requirements and location was exactly what you needed. As you know the best rates are when you call direct.
Look forward to seeing you at your next stay!
Kind Regards,