A group of 11 of us recently were there to enjoy their advertised Christmas in July - don't bother!
We arrived to find the upstairs dining area freezing cold with tiny fires going in the 2 fireplaces. We had to continually ask during the evening to have more wood on the fire which, I might add, we were happy to do ourselves...but there seemed to be none to be found!
The light fixture above our table had tge capacity to hold around 10 globes but had 1 in it so we 'stole' the tealight candles placed on the mantelpiece (6 in total) to be able to see what we were about to eat!
The food and wine were an absolute dissapointment. The quanity was fine but the quality left so much to be desired. The table service was sloppy and, despite repeated requests, we were not given any extra napkins...with the first dish being grilled whole prawns, you could see why we needed them!!
Each dish was mediocre to say the least and the paired wines even more so. The fact that we all had on our coats and scarves during the meals and that the room was so dimly lit more than likely added to the nad impression. Lucky we enjoyed each others company as it was the only positive of the night!!!!
I will never recommend this establishment to anyone and will never return.
What a shame.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.