“Stone grill in China Town”
Review of Ishiya Stone Grill

Ishiya Stone Grill
Ranked #356 of 4,425 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed April 9, 2017

Saki was smooth and warm - YUM. Stone grill was great. I am ceoliac and they gave me a special sauce - again YUM!

Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

Took my partner for a night out on the town so we started off with dinner and a few drinks here

We both liked the food although it was a little overpriced, the beef and the seafood were of good quality and found the service fast and quite friendly

Wouldn't go here often as it's expensive

Reviewed January 12, 2017

This place is good but overpriced. Seating is crowded. The novelty wears off after a couple of visits

Reviewed January 8, 2017

We were back in Melbourne for a wedding and I must admit I would always find time to come back to visit this unique stone grill restaurant. We have been back so many times with friends, families for many years and the food are truly amazing. The type of meat and the home-made sauce were very good. Most importantly as I was pregnant this time, the chief manager was very attentive with my meal requirements. There are wide range of cocktails and mocktails and juices for kids etc. I would say don't miss out trying the unique stone grill experience if you visit Melbourne. Must try dishes are:
a. Steak and seafood set on stonegrill
b. Gyzoza
c. Soft shell crab
d. Agadeshi tofu
e. green tea ice-cream and mousse

Reviewed December 17, 2016 via mobile

We have been here so many times because the food does not disappoint, we can always get a booking and our entire family enjoy themselves. On this visit my husband and enjoyed the lunch special while my 6 year old had the dumplings and then ate half of my steak.
It was delicious as always and a fun environment where my kid practices using chopsticks. Will always come back