“First impressions count”

Aria Favourite Southbank
Reviewed 8 April 2017

We arrived in the early hours of the morning tired and were told that our apartment was next door in a largely residential apartment building. when we got into the apartment it did not match our expectations, we called the night manager who told us we would need to speak to someone the next day. We were wakened at 7am by very loud noises from a building site directly across the road. I turns out we had booked an Aria Style apartment not an Aria apartment. Would you know the difference?. We wasted around 4 hours the next morning trying to sort this out. Which thanks to the on duty manager was sorted out amicably. So my advice is book the 4.5 star Aria not Aria style

Room Tip: till the building work is finished get a room at the rear
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Christina S, General Manager at Aria Favourite Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Brian, yes we have 2 types of accommodation we offer in 2 different buildings - Aria Favourite is 4.5 star based at 285 City Road and Aria Style is 4 star & situated next door at 283 City Road. There is a price difference between the 2. Aria Favourite is newly refurbished & we highly recommend it.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

The location was great and we were surprised at the size of the apartment. Everything was clean and relatively new. There is some construction going on across the road but even though our room was facing the site the noise didn't bother us. Staff were great and we'd definitely stay again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends

Thanks Ted - we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here in the three bedroom apartment with friends. Apartment very clean and spacious. Car parking tight if you have a large vehicle but service from staff was excellent. Great location within walking distance to Southbank and Casino.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends

Hi Tina - thanks so much for your very good feedback! We pride ourselves on our service & spacious apartments. You are correct the car park ramp is a bit tight but we try to make the fee as competitive as possible. We don't recommend the car parks for large vehicles, only small to med. There are many car parking options locally for larger cars.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. It is a self-contained apartment with everything you need including a washing machine & dryer. The apartment is very spacious with separate bedroom, lounge room & a small dining room. It has 2 TVs, one in the lounge & one in the bedroom. There are 2 big wardrobes so plenty of space to hang your clothes. Fantastic location, walking distance to Crown Casino, Cinema, Yarra River, Aquarium, CBD, tram station near by & close to cafes & restaurants. Free transfer to hotel can be arranged from Airport sky bus which is really convenient. All staff are extremely friendly & helpful. We had a problem with noise from the construction work opposite our room ( as we both are light sleepers) & Erin upgraded our room to top floor (14th floor) & problem solved. A car park space can be arranged for $17/day. ( need to book ahead) Free wifi with excellent reception.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the awesome review. We are thrilled!

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

For this amount of money, I will not recommend this hotel apartment.

First of all. I don't feel safe and conformable when I stay in this place. There is no "DO NOT DISTURB" sign for any room and they never call me to ask or let me know when I want them to clean up my room. But around 3 pm yesterday, one of the cleaning lady went to our room with her master key. Lucky that i was sleeping, what if I was showering or else. I don't feel safe that they can come in with master key so easily.

Second of all, the kitchen utensil were not clean, I have to wash it throughly before I use it.

Last but not least, when I was asking if I can get some clean towels around 9:30pm last night, The reception told me that he was the only person there ( he asked he was working on reports) and asked me to go down to reception get it myself. Then I said I was not in urgent and he said it might be very late that he can delivered up, around 11:30 to 12 midnight.

But I would like to thank you that they helped me to switch room for me. The reason I wanted to switch room was because of two reasons : 1) there was so strange noise from the air ventilation in my bed room 2) my room was facing construction site and which they started the work since 7am. The reception did not tell me about the starting time of the construction site but they told me that the construction ends at 4pm.

Anyways, the above are my opinion only. Hope this will help you more before you make any hotel reservation in Melbourne.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your feedback. We will take your comments on board.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

We had organised for Staff to stay at Aria and we also conducted a Conference in one of the Apartments. It was sensational. Staff loved their accommodation. The apartments are huge and we had plenty of room to conduct our meetings.
The staff were very helpful and I loved the fact that checking in was not a long drawn out process as sometime occurs in other places because of their knowledge and professionalism. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Christina S, General Manager at Aria Favourite Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Thanks for a wonderful review. I will pass on your valuable feedback to the team. I am glad you enjoyed the spaciousness of the apartments.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

I stayed at the Aria Style 2 bedroom apartment with my teenage daughters so they could attend PAX last year at the convention centre. The location is quite handy. Is outside the free tram zone, but within easy access to transport (tram stop just up the street and across the road). Also handy for a quick bite to eat. Mcdonalds and a coffee shop is just up the road and there are cafes and mini supermarkets within easy walking distance . Central Melbourne is only a few tram stops away. There are also multiple restaurants and cafes that deliver in the area and South Melbourne markets is also an easy tram ride away. The only odd thing is that reception is actually in the building next door.
The apartment was clean and comfortable, had a private balcony and came complete with basic cooking utensils. crockery , iron, ironing board, washer and drier.

Room Tip: higher floors have less street noise
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family