All reviews city road cheap stay apartment was clean great location happily stay here again comfortable stay washing machine stayed for one night lounge room walking distance tram stop yarra river public transport good size free wifi crown southbank
Reviewed June 26, 2017

Our room was clean yet somewhat basic. There is one television in the apartment - in the loungeroom – and one two person sofa (it is interesting how many places advertise a room is for four people yet they don’t provide sofas for that many people). Housekeeping was poor; We had to ask two times for the wastebaskets to be emptied (the housekeeping would attend but would not empty them) and vacuuming was not conducted until we complained. When we did complain, they told us that they only do vacuuming should be done daily and sheet change every four days – well they didn’t achieve that for us. Oh, and their website states ‘Daily housekeeping’ – no, they told us on arrival that they do not do it on Sundays. There are no drawers in the second bedroom and the drawers in the master bedroom have very limited depth. There is no heating/cooling in the bedrooms with only a single reverse cycle system in the loungeroom. Will I stay again, I like the location but beyond that, there is nothing calling me back. Incidentally, I note their website states it is a 4.5 star facility, I have stayed at 4.5 star facilities and this is not in the same class as any of the others.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

DO NOT STAY in this hotel.

My luggage was STOLEN in their luggage storage room under their supervision yet they don't care. They simply said they are NOT liable for the incident. The luggage and its contents costs thousands of dollars.

Guests trusted you with their belongings in that storage room.

Fo the entire story:
My holiday was ruined by this hotel. We checked in on the 25th of April. Since we arrived early that morning, the room was not yet available so the receptionist recommended us to leave our bags and luggages in their luggage storage room and so we did.

We were not assisted going to the storage room and no bag tags were issued afterwards.

We left the hotel to have brunch and we did a little shopping as well.

As we returned to the hotel at around 4pm, we finally checked in, paid for the deposit, get the keys and went to the room already.

We dropped off our shopping bags and went straight back to the luggage room to get our luggages. To our surprise, my luggage went missing.

A supervisor was there when I reported the incident. They told me that they will review the CCTV footage. But the supervisor just left simply because her shift was over. How UNPROFESSIONAL! Isn't it? A staff all by herself handled this alone while checking in guests, receiving phone calls, and attending to other guests needs.

It was late at night already when the staff finally confirmed that it has been stolen by another hotel guest who checked out during that day.

They insisted that I make a police report instead of them doing so. Which by now I understand why. They wanted me to be the one calling the police because they don't have any plans to deal with the case after all.

Until this moment, the police hasn't caught the thief yet. More devastatingly, the hotel said they are not liable for this at all. I strongly demand them to pay for the full value of the luggage and its content.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank pinkywinky03
Reviewed June 8, 2017

Spent six nights here while in Melbourne for a mix of work and pleasure.

We had a 14th floor apartment, with a kitchen/living area and separate bedroom and bathroom. The apartment was clean, recently re-carpeted, and spacious. Plus, we had great views as a bonus. The bed was ultra-comfortable, and it was a peaceful place to be at night.

It’s an easy tram or walk into the CBD, or stroll to a range of great cafés, etc, in South Melbourne. Staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable too.

Pricing makes Aria very good value for money too; much more so than a hotel.

I’d happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floor apartments facing towards the CBD are probably the quietest.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Erin S, Front Office Manager at Aria Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2017

Hi KiwiCriticDunedin

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay, we are so glad to hear you had and enjoyable time with us and liked the apartment and it'd features.
I'm glad the team were able to assist in making your time in Melbourne memorable and we would love to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed May 23, 2017

Stayed here for a work trip, it was actually not a bad spot for the price, only complaint is lack of gym facilities. It was close to shops and the tramline so I would happily consider again when looking for a place in this price range.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Erin S, Front Office Manager at Aria Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2017

Hi Daniel C
We really appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. We are glad you like our location and found the apartment to be good value. Next time you are in Melbourne why not come and try out Style Range of Apartments in the building next door, these have an onsite gym and pool available for our guests and its in the same location!
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

This apartment complex is only two blocks from Crowne Casino and has good access to public transport. There is a supermarket one minute away and the area is surrounded by great cafes.
Reception staff were very welcoming and efficient. It does bother me though that this complex is one where you are required to actually pay a bond on the apartment despite the tariff being fully paid. I was told not to expect the money into my account for about five working days. If you are on a tight budget this could be a real problem. We were also charged $15 extra for a cot.
Our apartment was roomy with a seperate bedroom, a living area and a fully functioning and well appointed kitchen. The bathroom also had a bath with a shower over and there was a laundry area. The apartment was clean, bright and comfortable although maybe a change over of the couches would be good - very uncomfortable to sit on.

Stayed: May 2017
Erin S, Front Office Manager at Aria Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2017

Hi Karen

Thank you for leaving a review about your time with us at the Aria Favourite Apartments in Southbank. We are glad to hear you liked the location, the apartment size and features, cleanliness and found our team friendly - It is always pleasing to hear that we were able to provide an a positive customer service experience.
We would love to have you return to stay with us again in the future. Our reception team will be able to assist in releasing the pre-authorised funds by sending off a release form to your bank to request the release of the funds that day, this will speed up the process that can take 3-5 working days to be processed by your bank.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback and we hope to welcome you back again!