All reviews city road cheap stay apartment was clean great location happily stay here again comfortable stay washing machine walking distance public transport good size free wifi crown southbank bedroom convention floor bath
Reviewed September 6, 2017

Got a good rate for this property. It was kind of old; the air conditioner didn't work well and they use physical keys. However, the facillities were nice, including a washer/dryer. Comfortable bed. Only one person at front desk, had to wait multiple times. Major problem occurred when we left -- my medication was left behind. When I called thm hotel, I was informed that their policy was to throw away medication, without even contacting the clients, whose phone numbers they keep on file. I was left in a foreign country with no way of refilling my medication; slight help from the company would have relieved my agony. So, despite otherwise reasonable service, I recommend against this company. There are better alternatives nearby. I recommend the Punthill, several blocks North, with a better staff, newer, superior apartments.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Stayed at the Aria Favourite when I went to Melbourne for the recent Gift Fair with a girlfriend and loved it!
Looked at their website, found a 2 bedroom/1 bathroom apartment for $159.00. When I rang to book I was told $229. I questioned this, the website was checked and they honoured the online price.
The apartment itself was spacious, extremely well equipped and had a , washing machine and dyer plus dishwasher, microwave and coffee pod machine in the kitchen....this feature I loved as I love my coffee!
The beds were AMAZING! So comfy and huge. Excellent linen and pillows also.
the bedrooms were a good size with heaps of cupboard space to hang clothes.
Loved loved loved the shower! Big shower (double) with one big shower head with great pressure. No bath though which wasn't a big minus for me.
There is a balcony with double doors which blocked out all the traffic noise from the Highway and block out blinds if you like to sleep in.
The staff were extremely helpful and allowed me to use the car park space even though I arrived prior to the 2pm check in time. They also allowed me to leave my car in the parking space until 2pm with no further charge.
Offers free wifi also.
Overall it is a fabulous apartment with exceptional staff.
The location suited me perfectly as it was within a 5 - 8 minute walk to the Convention Centre which is where I needed to be. Same distance to Crown Casino also so you have lots of eating options close by. If you prefer a quick grab and go meal, McDonalds I literally less than 1 minute away and there is an IGA Express about 2 minutes away if you need basic supplies like bread, milk, butter etc.
Would definitely stay again!
Definitely check it out if you need a location close to Crown or the Convention Centre (or that general location)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank SFRECK
Reviewed July 15, 2017

The occasion was my youngest son's 18th birthday, so the four of us (My husband, two sons and myself) were booked into the tramcar restaurant for their late dinner run. I booked into ARIA favourite because it was close to the where the tram started and finished and we didn't want to drive home after a late night.

The hotel was busy at check in and the staff did a very good job at moving people through and answering questions from out of town visitors. Check in was handled smoothly and the surprise came when putting the car in the car park.

Neither the website or the information provided at reception explained that getting the car into the car park required the skill to drive up a one way spiral staircase. My husband is a very good driver and his first comment when we got out of the car after he parked it was 'we won't be coming back here again'. To be clear our car is a Hyundai I30, classified as a small car and it was difficult. Had we met a car coming the other way whilst entering or exiting the carpark, someone would have had to reverse up or down the one way spiral staircase.

The room was tidy (without being spotless), the wifi and the TV worked and the kitchen had a good range of utensils, crockery and cutlery. It was OK. I don't believe it was 4 1/2 star.

Check out was handled with the same level of efficiency as check in, we got the car out of the car park unscathed and we were away. A further disappointment was that the $100 bond, the pending transaction wasn't automatically removed from my credit card after check out. I waited a couple of days and rang. It would be cleared. I used the enquiry section on the website. Still waiting for a response. Rang again. Mentioned I was a long way from happy. The pending transaction has now been removed, but 2 1/2 weeks was too long to wait.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Terri B
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

I booked Aria Hotel through the Groupon deals for a family getaway. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment located near the Crown casino for 3 nights. It was very well priced -$400 for 3 nights. It is a great place for a family stay with good size bedrooms, kitchen, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. The apartment was very clean and well sized for a family of 4. Much better than staying in the hotel. Highly recommend. We will certainly use it again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2017

Spacious apartment, and clean and comfortable bed. Close to city and Crown and Southbank. Some oddities - like others have to say couch in lounge is a bit odd (not hugely comfortable and no other seating) and shower had no soap holder so you were left a bit puzzled holding the gel. Otherwise, stay there. And hey management, the picture on 10th floor coming out of the lift, surely its upside down?

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family