“Family stay”

Aria Favourite Southbank
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Location is great, a favourite location, just behind Southbank, a short walk to Crown. We were a family of 5 staying in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment, our 16 year old sleeping on a rollaway bed which was initially located right in the hall walkway but luckily we were able to move it to a more suitable location for a bit of privacy.

The apartment was not as spacious as we are used to in Melbourne, ultimately this is quite an old apartment building which has been 'renovated'. There was a very small couch which barely fit 3 people and was so uncomfortable it was teeth gritting to have to sit on. Despite it being advertised that there would be a television in the master suite, there wasn't ! The television in the living room was only 32inch.

Unfortunately the cleanliness was very poor which was the major let down for our stay. The utensil drawsers had crumbs in them and the utensils were not clean, the microwave was smeary on the front, the toilet in the main bathroom was not clean, the bath had dust on the top of it and the mirror in the main living room was not clean. Also, the carpet did not look like it had been vacuumed, and the last visitor's used soap and shampoo was still sitting on top of the showerhead !!!

Sorry but we can't recommend the apartment based on the price we paid, compared to the value we got.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Very pleasant stay with the family. Staff were friendly and courteous. Kids loved the lap pool but it is an extra charge to use. Lovely views, comfy beds, would be good for longer stays as there’s a kitchen and washing machine ❤️

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2017

I read the reviews here before booking. I now wish I had taken notice of some of the negative comments. I stayed here because it was in the perfect location for a business meeting I was attending.

My account was to be charged back to my travel agent. This was confirmed on check-in. They still required me to give my credit card for a bond. They requested pre-authorisation for $100 which I gave. They assured me my card wouldn't be charged.

On check out I was told that my bill would be charged back to the travel agent as advised. Next day I see my credit card has been charged for the full amount of the accommodation. I tried to call but only got an answering machine. One week later I am STILL chasing up a refund. Extremely annoying and a waste of time having to get this fixed. No apology. Makes me wonder if they hope guests won't notice the charge sliding through. Never staying here again.

Besides this, the wi-fi was absolutely pathetic which made working during my business trip frustrating and difficult.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing City Road at all costs.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank BreakfastAtTiffanys4
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We stayed overnight for a concert at The Plenary. The location is great with a short walk to the Casino and river.We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment & the room was spacious with a reasonable size balcony. The check in & checkout staff were very friendly & helpful. The price was very reasonable. However,we would only stay here again if we didn't need parking. The car park is extremely narrow and as another reviewer said like a spiral staircase! We have a small car,but it was difficult!
Good luck if you attempt it in anything larger than a Corolla!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Stayed for a business trip room service only changed towels didn't replace shampoo etc. Room was clean and spacious and location was suitable.
The most annoying thing however was they did not release my excessive security deposit of $200. I had to email - nothing happened, when I eventually called reservations they answered their phone - what a surprise and said they would send the fax to release my deposit nine days after checking out. I am still waiting for the funds to be released into my account.
Very unimpressed.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank J6778JOanneb
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We stayed here for 3 weeks. The apartments are large and spacious. Fully equipped with washing machine and all necessities for a comfortable stay. Location is also perfect. The tram stop is located literally at the hotel entrance . The staff are all very helpful.we are already booked for 2018

Stayed: February 2017
Christina S, Owner at Aria Favourite Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

That's is such a great review - thank you so much. We are the largest apartments in Southbank so we think longer stays appreciate the space. Thanks for making your next booking with us

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Got a good rate for this property. It was kind of old; the air conditioner didn't work well and they use physical keys. However, the facillities were nice, including a washer/dryer. Comfortable bed. Only one person at front desk, had to wait multiple times. Major problem occurred when we left -- my medication was left behind. When I called thm hotel, I was informed that their policy was to throw away medication, without even contacting the clients, whose phone numbers they keep on file. I was left in a foreign country with no way of refilling my medication; slight help from the company would have relieved my agony. So, despite otherwise reasonable service, I recommend against this company. There are better alternatives nearby. I recommend the Punthill, several blocks North, with a better staff, newer, superior apartments.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple