Location is great, a favourite location, just behind Southbank, a short walk to Crown. We were a family of 5 staying in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment, our 16 year old sleeping on a rollaway bed which was initially located right in the hall walkway but luckily we were able to move it to a more suitable location for a bit of privacy.
The apartment was not as spacious as we are used to in Melbourne, ultimately this is quite an old apartment building which has been 'renovated'. There was a very small couch which barely fit 3 people and was so uncomfortable it was teeth gritting to have to sit on. Despite it being advertised that there would be a television in the master suite, there wasn't ! The television in the living room was only 32inch.
Unfortunately the cleanliness was very poor which was the major let down for our stay. The utensil drawsers had crumbs in them and the utensils were not clean, the microwave was smeary on the front, the toilet in the main bathroom was not clean, the bath had dust on the top of it and the mirror in the main living room was not clean. Also, the carpet did not look like it had been vacuumed, and the last visitor's used soap and shampoo was still sitting on top of the showerhead !!!
Sorry but we can't recommend the apartment based on the price we paid, compared to the value we got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located at 285 City Road in Melbourne’s Southbank precinct, our “Favourite” range offers modern and spacious 4.5 star apartments, which showcases our passion for local art and style, and evoke a feeling beyond aesthetics. Choose from 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms with free Wi-Fi and stunning views of Melbourne, and enjoy all the creature comforts of home with the added benefits of a hotel. 24/7 reception, room service, daily housekeeping and onsite car parking are just the beginning! Our seamless delivery of personalised service and shared local ‘secrets’ ensure our guests experience a crafted, bespoke stay. Let us surprise and delight you when you stay with Aria Hotel Apartments. We also offer our “Style” 4-star accommodation range next door at 283 City Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aria Favourite Southbank reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plum Serviced Apartments Southbank Hotel Melbourne
- Plum Serviced Apartments Southbank Melbourne