“Great character, great food”
Review of Il Solito Posto

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed October 7, 2016

This is a gorgeous boutique restaurant. It has a lot of character with friendly staff and superb food. Really busy, but well-worth the wait to get in. Italian food, but quite a different menu to your typical Italian cafe. Everything that was served up was top quality. Although noisy, it's very romantic.

1  Thank Pete B

Reviewed October 6, 2016

Hubby had the veal rague penne pasta and I had the veal/pork mince spaghetti bolognese. Both were awesome but his just that big more tastier. Anti pasto was great and so too the short black (espresso) to wash it all down.

1  Thank crab67tkf
Reviewed October 3, 2016

I've been dining here on and off for sixteen years. It is always good. One of the oldest Italian restaurants in Melbourne.That says it all. You don't last in Melbourne if you ain't good! If you fancy a less formal meal, try the bistro at street level. It's great too. Staff are friendly, well trained and experienced. Good wine list too and reasonably priced.

1  Thank David F
Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

I cannot rave enough about how much I loved this restaurant. The minute we walked in we were greeted heartily by the staff. They were clearly packed yet they found a table for us. The food was delicious and the staff were attentive and friendly. I would happily come here every time I visit Melbourne and recommend it to anyone wanting a lovely night out.

1  Thank Hannah D
Reviewed October 1, 2016

I love the atmosphere of this place. I can never find anything on the menu that truly appeals. Wine list is great. Service average.