“Tarte Tatin Terrific.”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Bistro Vue's lauded menu is classic French cooking at its best: steeped in tradition, using the finest produce. Premium oysters and caviar crown a selection of sublime appetisers, exquisite entrees and magnificent mains boasting the very best of meat, fish and garden produce. Guaranteed to satisfy any craving. Our weekday 'plat du jour' menu offers unbeatable value with a prime main, salad, and glass of wine for just $32, celebrating the historic art of fine French cuisine. Our sides, fashioned from Victoria's best produce, seamlessly tailored to our prime courses, mare perfect for sharing, while our deceptively simple desserts unite technique, precision, and knowledge to crest a truly memorable mouthful. And what bistro experience would be complete without cheese? Our enviable trolley selection will satisfy even the most discerning fromage fancier. Bistro Vue: a taste of France you won't soon forget.
Reviewed 20 October 2016

Been here quite a few times and I've never been disappointed.
Staff are friendly, informative and attentive without being intrusive.
I can't fault the menu. The Plat du Jour menu is great value and my fav is the Monday Bouillabaisse but I also love the lamb and the pork and the duck and...
The Tarte Tatin is my favourite dessert eva!! Your Life will never be the same. Wish I had one now.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

Been here quite a few times and never disappointed. Staff are friendly, informative and attentive without being intrusive.

Plat du Jour menu is excellent taste and value and Monday's Bouillabaisse is a fav.
Tarte Tatin... wish I had one right now. It is one of my favourite dessert ever!!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

The menu and wine list were quite ok, I'm a vegetarian and only had a couple of suggestions but found a tasty enough meal. The waiter however found it necessary to make jokes of my being a vegitarian which was just unprofessional, I don't think it was at all necessary, he also had a crack at another guest for eating their meal too fast! The atmosphere of the bistro is quite nice, cosy and easy to have conversation with company which is a big plus, as so many restaurants are too noisy but this one was good. Overall it was a good night we just got the waiter who thought the night was about him! Pity he didn't pay the bill!

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Great atmosphere also owned by Shannon Bennett "Vue De Mon", great beer on tap that are not your expensive city prices. chips are hot and crispy. even on a cold night great spot for a drink or two or three :)

Reviewed 15 October 2016

Perhaps the best restaurant I went during a four weeks stay in Australia. Good food and very good wines. But there were several facts that surprise me. Just two to mention. The first, the system used by the kitchen to inform the waiters dishes are ready: an annoying Bell just in the separation shelf between the kitchen and the main dining room. At times the clicking was unbearable. The second, the lack of professionalism of the service. Nothing to say about the advantages of hiring young people. But and don’t see why the trade off has to be such absolutely heterogeneous service, with some of the waiters/waitress talking to each other all the time without paying any attention to the clients who pay their wages. For instance, I was unable to get some more of the sparkling water I ordered at the beginning during all the evening (except when dishes were served).

1  Thank Triper_07