“Worst restaurant food I've ever had!”

The Bank on Collins
Ranked #174 of 4,656 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$7 - US$50
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed April 4, 2018

My husband & I ordered the eye fillet and had to order an extra side to get more foo.. I ordered surf & turf ($34) and because it only came with a few green beans had to order a side of mash ($8 extra). The food came out and when I saw the small plate coming over with no sight of any height of food on the plate I already knew the outcome.. My eye fillet was half the size of the palm of my hand and as thin as 2cm.. Was cold, dry and overcooked.. the prawns that came out on top of some chorizo slices were also cold, dry and overcooked.. I ate the tiny steak in 4 small bite sizes and forced down the overcooked tasteless dry prawns.. and the also cold tablespoon scoop of mash.. absolutely terrible!!! I ordered a cocktail and the glass was so full of crushed ice that i had to sip through the straw really hard to get any liquid out ($22). I won't even begin with my husbands order which was the same. Overall we paid $150 with drinks. It was the first time we've been there and expected top quality food in such a beautiful building but were dismally disappointed and will never go there again!!! What a waste of a night out, time & money!!! That restaurant really needs Gordon Ramsey to turn the food around by 360degrees!!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed, having stayed in this great hotel once before, took my elderly mum for an afternoon drink.....ignored 3 times by the young waitresses, in an empty lobby mind you

Left disgusted, and disappointed

Very, very disappointed.....having wanted to show old mum to an great, historic bar and hotel and what was once good service

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Bought the $69 lunch for 2 deal - sounds like lots of food but is small portions. Does include a glass of bubbles and another drink. Medium rare 'surf and turf' was actually very rare and the prawns were nothing special. Wished I had got the burger - they do great burgers! Make sure you book - gets very busy. $20 lunch special is better value.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Located in the Treasury on Collins, lovely foyer etc. Superpopular at lunch in particular which is not hard to understand given the central location

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Had two meals here while staying at the Treasury, late March. Early meal 1st night of burgers and fries, delicious, the zucchini and macadamia burger was really scrummy as was the double american. It was very quiet, perhaps because we were in early.
Dinner on the other night was really good too, entrees were nice, although the oysters were very small compared with NZ Bluff oysters but tasty all the same. Main we both had the barramundi fillet, perfectly cooked and dessert was good, loved the chocolate ganache & espresso martini. Great service, restaurant was packed and it was noisy but we could still manage to have a conversation without yelling at each other. Definitely recommend.