All reviews swan river gusti restaurant free guest laundry river view langley park city centre room service buffet breakfast is balcony room adelaide terrace an update street parking standard room enjoyable stay elizabeth quay concierge ihg
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Booked through the IHG group - promised a river view with 2 double beds, access to lounge with complimentary soft drinks and canapés; and buffet breakfast. Upon mentioning it was our anniversary I was told a drinks voucher would be provided. Good deal I thought!

Hmmmm.
Upon checkin they told me that there was no lounge at the hotel..... okay then.

The room was at the front of the hotel with river views; but only one bed. Genuinely tiny room. The bathroom is rediculous my small, dated and cramped. The half-bath required a refurbishment at the very least. The towels and toiletries were of good quality and quantity. But only one bathrobe.

Upon querying the room with reception I was told that the bigger rooms with two beds are at the back of the hotel and the “nicer” rooms with views were at the front - so it’s a trade off.... space vs view. We chose view and shouldn’t have - it’s noisy, the rooms are extremely small and the beds are small for a queen. Reception offered a bottle of sparkling wine to compensate but had to be reminded twice for it to be delivered to the room. We ordered ice and a long glass twice for water. We received ice in the wine bucket but no glasses.

The clientele of the hotel leave a lot to be desired - meeting an obvious “working lady” and her heavily drug sedated client in the elevator was an unexpected delight....!!!! The young sports teams; medical students on a bender for the weekend; groups of girls on tour make for interesting listening to at breakfast.

Breakfast? Well....! What a shambles. Upon entering the lobby at 0930 it was apparent there was a long queue. The restaurant manager attempted to find us all seats in the bar otnon the cold terrace to stop us “becoming hangry” (his words). What he maybe didn’t consider was that squeezing 50+ more guests into an already packed restaurant was going to put strain on the chef and resources. There wasn’t enough plates, glasses, cups or crockery. If you left the table briefly someone sat in your place...! The food couldn’t be replaced quick enough and as such full English was more “quarter English”. People were tripping over eachother to fight for the last sausage. The staff couldn’t cope - I felt so sorry for them. Food standards were good; just someone needed to explain to the matre d that we would have preferred to have been told there was a wait; been given a coffee and actually had a decent breakfast rather than feeling like we were in anschool canteen.

Overall; I wouldn’t book this hotel again - ever! Yes, it was cheap - but you get what you pay for with this one! And cheap clearly attracted interesting clientele; not ones I felt safe sharing the lift with and not ones who I feel would be welcomed in a more appealing establishment.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GemmaMW
Suzie T, Manager at Crowne Plaza Perth, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Dear GemmaMW,

Thank you for your feedback.

At Crowne Plaza Perth our team always strive to give every guest a personalised and relaxing experience away from home.
We apologise that this wasn't the case for your stay and would love to discuss your concerns in more detail.

You may contact myself or one of our friendly Guest Experience team on (08) 9270 4212 or email me directly at Samantha.mowle@ihg.com.

On behalf of the Crowne Plaza Team we thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Samantha Mowle
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

crown plaza Perth excellent , would recommend to anyone looking for value for money. The rooms are big and spacious. The room we chose has spa bath.
Most rooms do I think . Staff are welcoming and breakfast is excellent. Location location ,great views and easy access to all city interests.
Will stay here again most impressed feels very welcoming
Kind regards Stephen Farley

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Suzie T, Manager at Crowne Plaza Perth, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Crowne Plaza Perth. We have some beautiful views of the Swan river and Langley park and we are happy you had time to unwind and enjoy them.

Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

Well came to Perth for Training chose the Crown plaza to stay must say a really nice Motel quiet place comfortable bed and pillows aircon works well as it was a cold couple of days payed the extra for breakfast was worth it .
We had Dinner in the restaurant I thought it was a bit over priced but overall I would recommend staying Being a smoker this is not a smoker friendly place can smoke outside in the car park and that’s it

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

We were glad to note that you had a lovely stay at Crowne Plaza Perth.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 3, 2018

My husband and I had a very pleasant stay at the Crowne Plaza Perth. We had a higher floor overlooking the park and river which I would highly recommend. The balcony was a lovely place to sit and enjoy a wine while watching the world tick by. The staff were very friendly and obliging. I would easily stay here again and recommend it

Stayed: August 2017

Dear 138mezza,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

The team and I were glad to note that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Crowne Plaza Perth. We have some beautiful views of the Swan river and Langley park and are glad you had time to enjoy one of our balcony river view rooms.

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Had a stay there with my wife. Excellent Customer service with the Concierge particularly very helpful and jolly. It's in the city but slight walk from the main shopping area which gives it a feel of a resort stay. Loved it and will definitely return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

The team and I were glad to note that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Crowne Plaza Perth. Lovely to hear that you experienced excellent customer service from our amazing team.