Adina Apartment Hotel Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$92
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$150
Sullivans Hotel(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$79
US$85
US$82
US$66
Novotel Perth Langley(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$96
  • Room Service
Pensione Hotel Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$64
  • Room Service
Hyatt Regency Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$107
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Perth City Centre(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$102
Hotels.com
US$123
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 19, 2014

this is the third time of posting: there seems to be a glitch in the posting mechanism.

I agree with a lot of the other reviews where there are positive comments about
this establishment with its friendly atmosphere, helpful staff (the office is
open only during office hours though), good facilities, very reasonable price
and OK location.
However, since I consulted these reviews to choose the apartment, I feel obliged
to add my feedback.
The bed I slept in the weekend before last was infested with bed bugs. I have
80 bites to prove it which probably means 80 scars on my arms, etc.
I read that bed bugs do not mean dirty accommodation and I have no complaints on
the cleanliness of the rooms. But if you are in the accommodation business,
rooms need to be checked thoroughly before let.
I was given a sincere apology, a full refund and my doctor's expenses also
refunded. But I suffered two nights with three hours' sleep (until the
antihistamines kicked in on the third night) and the itchiest bites I've ever
had. I have had assurances that the bed has been properly treated the same day
I left.
Room Tip:
check all bed sheets in every hotel for little black spots!
I'll spare you the photos of my 80 bites and the scars I now have.

Room Tip: there is no restaurant or fitness center that I know of but the pool looked inviting for warmer months.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank JJJJ253
peng U, Manager at Brownelea Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Hi

We are sorry to hear that you had been bitten by bedbug in Oct 2013. We had attended to the matter immediately and engaged the professional to fumigate the apartment and the ones next to the room. Up to today, we do not have any problem with bed bugs.

We take the matter very seriously and we hope that you would understand that it is sometimes beyond our control.

We treat our apartments at least once a year but sometimes, things happen.

We apologise again and we do whatever we can to ensure that the apartment is clean and tidy.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Our room had every amenity we required, including refrigerator and stove and cooking gear, but it seemed a bit shabby and in need of a facelift. There is wifi, but we had to sit out on the steps to get any signal. There are laundry facilities. The location is a reasonable walk to downtown and easily accessible by car. There is a very nice cafe across the street. If I returned to Perth and wanted a self catering accommodation I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank N0dell
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Perth is not the easiest place to find decent accommodation at peak summer season and at a reasonable price, but Brownelea Apartments does all of this.

In a very quiet street about a ten minute walk from the Main Streets of Northbridge this worked perfectly for our family of four. True that the apartments a somewhat dated and the beds in particular could do with an upgrade but the nice kitchen, excellent shower and general cleanliness more than made up.

The owners were very helpful and the free blue bus line ran only ten minutes walk away.

Overall spot on for what we needed and at a price that is affordable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank RPAPKPMP
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Inexpensive accommodation in Perth is difficult to find so we were pleased to find this one. It is an old apartment building three blocks from Northbridge and only a 10 minute walk to the start of the CBD. There is a great cafe (Le Papillion) across the road and the renovated Hyde Park Hotel is just down the street. The accommodation itself is very basic and elderly but clean. There is a small kitchen with all the essentials. The pool is large and well kept including a barbeque if you like to entertain at the hotel. It was great to have free wifi!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first or second floor. Most ground floor rooms are near the pool and can be a little noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

We use TripAdvisor regularly for planning and booking abroad. This time, for the first time, the reviews failed to match the lodging and the experience in any way, shape or form. There is a reason Brownlea has a huge B (for Budget Hotel) on the side of the building, which is wrapped in bars across each door and window. In a word - YUCK. This place is old, tired, somewhat spooky,and newly managed by misers, who allocate towels and soap as if they were gold. The best thing about Brownlea is the fabulous coffee/pastry shop across the street. Otherwise, skip it. For the money, you can do much better in Perth. (And, there is no bus stop across the street anymore!)

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TheHazes
peng U, Manager at Brownelea Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Our building is as shown in the photos on our website and we can say that it is well maintained and the facilities advertised are in good working order. Our mission statement is that we provide Clean, Comfortable, Affordable City Accommodation and we will strenuously work to achieve this.
Both the Health Inspector from the local Shire and AAA carry out regular inspections and there have been no issues at all. This is backed up by the many Guests Reviews of our Apartments in Trip Advisor or Wotif website in which you will notice that the “old building & facilities is not an issue with the majority of guests.
Towels are changed every other day & soap is replenished weekly or on request. We do concede that the bus no longer stops at the bus-stop opposite our building and instead is now along Fitzgerald St which is about 4 minutes walk away and we will be amending this in our website.