See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Rooms ordinary..price not cheap but certainly not exorbitant.

Noisy goings on in the unit next to us the night we were there,not very enjoyable.

A very average experience overall and won't be going back unless there are no alternatives

Date of stay: April 2014
1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We chose this apt becos it was highly recommended and it didn't failed us. It quite easily located on the map so we didn't waste much time. The location is convenient, there are shops & eateries around. As promised, we were given room on the 1st floor. Although it was facing the road but it didn't cause much destruction to our stay. The dinning area is small, don't have enough space for 4 to have dinner together. The bedroom is spacious, the size of the toilet is decent. The only downside is there isn't aircon in the bedroom only in living room. I will recommend this chalet if you just want a decent place to stay at a reasonable cost.

Date of stay: April 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank babetan
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I was in Perth with my family and we chose to stay in Brownelea. All in all, it was a pleasant stay, the staff are friendly and attentive to our needs. We didn't have the chance to try out their swimming pool. Though the space in every unit was a bit narrow, but it felt cosy enough for our 4 nights stay. We love the kitchen and its utensils, almost every basic utensils are available for our simple cooking.

p/s: There is an oriental groceries shop just nearby the apartment, a 2 mins walk. You can find most of Asian cooking essentials from the shop :)

Room tip: Higher floors have less noise
Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank aziey_zaini
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Was in Perth for work for the first time with office close to accomodation so therefore my choice. Basic clean place to put your head particularly if you are on holidays and have a budget. Perth is a very expensive city and Brownelea is about a 15min walk from local cafe's, restaurants and the city precinct. The closest public transport is the bus but as I was in walking distance I didn't use. There's a stove top and all of the pots and pans plus full size fridge if self catering and I suggest if you don't have a vehicle to pick up groceries on the way. The bathroom is newer than the rest of the apartment and the shower was good. Plus the service was excellent with management providing good turnaround of reservation confirmation, unintrusive text follow up on the day to check that you know where to pick up your key when you get there and ensured all the info you needed for free wifi etc has been given. Definately recommend if you are on a very low budget and want good value for money.

Room tip: Go for the top floor, good view of the city which is nice to see each time you walk in and out of your apt. If not a room overlooking the pool.
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Kris B
Reviewed February 19, 2014

this is the third time of posting: there seems to be a glitch in the posting mechanism.

I agree with a lot of the other reviews where there are positive comments about
this establishment with its friendly atmosphere, helpful staff (the office is
open only during office hours though), good facilities, very reasonable price
and OK location.
However, since I consulted these reviews to choose the apartment, I feel obliged
to add my feedback.
The bed I slept in the weekend before last was infested with bed bugs. I have
80 bites to prove it which probably means 80 scars on my arms, etc.
I read that bed bugs do not mean dirty accommodation and I have no complaints on
the cleanliness of the rooms. But if you are in the accommodation business,
rooms need to be checked thoroughly before let.
I was given a sincere apology, a full refund and my doctor's expenses also
refunded. But I suffered two nights with three hours' sleep (until the
antihistamines kicked in on the third night) and the itchiest bites I've ever
had. I have had assurances that the bed has been properly treated the same day
I left.
Room Tip:
check all bed sheets in every hotel for little black spots!
I'll spare you the photos of my 80 bites and the scars I now have.

Room tip: there is no restaurant or fitness center that I know of but the pool looked inviting for warmer months.
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank JJJJ253
peng U, Manager at Batavia Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Hi

We are sorry to hear that you had been bitten by bedbug in Oct 2013. We had attended to the matter immediately and engaged the professional to fumigate the apartment and the ones next to the room. Up to today, we do not have any problem with bed bugs.

We take the matter very seriously and we hope that you would understand that it is sometimes beyond our control.

We treat our apartments at least once a year but sometimes, things happen.

We apologise again and we do whatever we can to ensure that the apartment is clean and tidy.

Sincerely yours